Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash manager resigns and now a new one appointed!

Ok guys let’s all start slating Saltash united committee pathetic! how about pick up the phone and tell them your opinions and your views? It’s easy to do it on here! Easy to type behind a screen, it’s been a tough decision for Danny and the club, just give them a break, what they achieved was amazing last season despite all the ups and downs, Jesus Christ 

22 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Macca deserves a well run club for a change. 

The next manager will be the infamous chairlady’s 4th manager in just over 12 months. Any prospective manager would need to think long and hard about working with her.  

Plus big assurances from the club’s committee would be needed about payments to players. 

There is the issue with paying money over 2 parts of the season relies on massive amount of trust. Players have obviously stayed loyal if they then haven’t recovered any money you can see why the feel need to leave.  
you have to worry for the club the ambition was never really there for southern league football.  Maybe the ex millbrook namagwr will be best option used to working with no budget and can probably bring most of his ex team over.  

2 hours ago, Hetty said:

The next manager will be the infamous chairlady’s 4th manager in just over 12 months. Any prospective manager would need to think long and hard about working with her.  

Plus big assurances from the club’s committee would be needed about payments to players. 

The chair woman is not to Blame in any of the recent managers comings and goings etc, it’s down to finance and politics, if you knew the basics Hetty you wouldn’t be a massive key board warrior, hidden behind your keyboard saying things you have know such clue what so ever! Cracks me up 😂

9 hours ago, Hetty said:

There does seem to be hints of misogyny and sexism in the comments about the Saltash chair (not just recently, but over the past season). 

Hope Saltash get the next appointment right.

Huge club and I personally had some great times there as a Player many years ago.

Unfortunately there is a serious lack of experienced Management available and looking around, you would probably have to say the boy from Millbrook might be a sensible decision although would love to see Saltash make an ambitious attempt to get Mr Godfree away from Parkway.

No doubt there will be the usual crop of P&D/ECPL League Managers who will throw their name into the hat and hopefully Saltash have more sense than to appoint anyone without a proven track record at either Peninsula or Western League.

Good luck with their quest to find a new Manager.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

There does seem to be hints of misogyny and sexism in the comments about the Saltash chair (not just recently, but over the past season). 

What a load of rubbish. She gets called out because she’s useless not because she’s a woman. 

lacks ambition, (Was herself about going up)

About to move onto her 4th manager

Talks to people like on her shoe 

Players haven’t been paid despite Krac bringing in money 

Mass exodus of a very settled squad has begun. 

For the purpose of balance and so not to be accused of sexism we can bring the secretary into the spotlight as well if you like.  Two seasons in his position and each season kicked out of a cup because of an administration error.  

Just a poorly run club by people who have no idea what they’re doing 

Where do people find their information regarding players not getting paid etc ? Always baffles me completely. Danny has done a superb job at the helm of Saltash and he truly goes down in the all time greats at the club. Has anyone ever thought could this be a personal decision? 
The chair lady will always been in the firing line for movements like this but it’s not necessary her decision. Since my involvement at the club I can only speak highly about how they have given support and backing to all teams as much as possible. 

One door closes at the club but I’m certain another door will open for someone who can make their own stamp. 

massive respect to Danny and his team 🙌🏻

41 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Where do people find their information regarding players not getting paid etc ? Always baffles me completely. Danny has done a superb job at the helm of Saltash and he truly goes down in the all time greats at the club. Has anyone ever thought could this be a personal decision? 
The chair lady will always been in the firing line for movements like this but it’s not necessary her decision. Since my involvement at the club I can only speak highly about how they have given support and backing to all teams as much as possible. 

One door closes at the club but I’m certain another door will open for someone who can make their own stamp. 

To answer your opening question on where people get their information from 

Answer…..The players! 

59 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Are you throwing your hat into the ring for new 1st team manager then? 

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Your name isn't "Lewis Daniel" is it?

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Well as it’s big news…. 

God I must be getting old if I hear this every time I read this forum! 

Perhaps as an official of the club you could clarify the clubs position on why the players haven’t been paid? 

32 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Gus Honeybun for me. Anyone remember that bloke who read the local headlines after the News At Ten, and sounded like he may have had a couple of "liveners" beforehand ?

Maybe Ian Sterling or Stuart Hutchinson or Roger Shaw? For me Sports Desk on a Monday after Westward Diary. Only ever showed 2nd half highlights never any of the 1st. Don't think they filmed the 1st. Could have been 4 goals in the 1st half but none in the 2nd. Still only "The best of the 2nd half action" was shown.

49 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Is it any wonder Saltash take a battering on here?

No transparency or discussion from club officials on the problems. Just you speaking in riddles.

Like I’m going to announce financial matters to random anon people on an internet forum…

No other club does it - why should we! 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Like I’m going to announce financial matters to random anon people on an internet forum…

No other club does it - why should we! 

Not asking you announce financial matters, that's unreasonable.

What I am asking is that the club make a statement to address the negative rumours OR stop posting cryptic riddles and actually say nothing.

No other club secretary posts cryptic and sometimes antagonistic message on this forum.

38 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Not asking you announce financial matters, that's unreasonable.

What I am asking is that the club make a statement to address the negative rumours OR stop posting cryptic riddles and actually say nothing.

No other club secretary posts cryptic and sometimes antagonistic message on this forum.

We did on Wednesday night. 

With regards to my comments- perhaps as with other forums you can block me. I won’t be offended. 

5 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

We did on Wednesday night. 

With regards to my comments- perhaps as with other forums you can block me. I won’t be offended. 

You literally are a disgrace. Why have you and your colleagues used money bought in by Shane Krac intended for the budget, elsewhere in the club resulting in the players not being fully paid.  

In the meantime you’re on here making light of the situation. 

A little bit harsh that.

The secretary isn’t a disgrace nor committee.

Some of the anti saltash has been sad to read on here during the season (kracky going, the boys carried on), Danny rumoured to leave a few months ago (during season), it wasn’t the case.

Changes happen in football.

I have my views on any budget cuts off course having just watched us finish second but not one for here. Taking leave and booking a last minute travel lodge in Bristol that’s the passion the club is built on.

10 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Danny Lewis goes due to playing budget cuts. Club taking no chance with flirting with promotion and SL football again next season 😉

Yet, no doubt the club will claim to be ‘ambitious’ 😉

That is the sad thing about it all if the case. Just finished a brilliant season, risk not getting up there again or only try when the time is right if money available. When would that be.

A squad together like they’ve been great to see, I imagine it doesn’t always happen. It’s what you want as a fan.

Just now, hills19 said:

That is the sad thing about it all if the case. Just finished a brilliant season, risk not getting up there again or only try when the time is right if money available. When would that be.

A squad together like they’ve been great to see, I imagine it doesn’t always happen. It’s what you want as a fan.

Are you ok? 

23 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Heard from a decent source at the weekend that Macca Brown is in the frame for the Saltash job.

He be ideal. Working with next to no budget. Wouldn’t upset anyone asking for extra money to improve the squad and move the club forward like the last 3 managers have. And he bring a good core of players on who again would play for just travel expenses. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

He be ideal. Working with next to no budget. Wouldn’t upset anyone asking for extra money to improve the squad and move the club forward like the last 3 managers have. And he bring a good core of players on who again would play for just travel expenses. 

But surely that's why he's left Millbrook?

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Saltash manager resigns and now a new one appointed!