Cornwall Football Forum

Embarrassing 🤣. It happens throw out the year people trying to poach players we had several players throw this season being ask to go to other clubs and most clubs do it and like I said I didn’t realise they still had a game to play. Each club will be trying to Strengthen that’s the name of the game. 

Sean even messaged me and I retired 10 years ago!! 🤔😳😂️.   To be honest I don’t think Sean is doing anything any other manager isn’t doing!!  Like Meady said June 1st is always seen as the official approach date but in reality no manager looking to strengthen his squad isn’t going to wait until then and miss out on a player a few clubs will be interested in!! 

Remember scoring a couple of goals in the SWL cup final for Falmouth in 92, first bank holiday Monday of May (usually last game of the season) at Bodmin to make it 42 for the season and as we were walking back to the dressing rooms after the cup celebrations etc, Ricky Cardew called me over and said you would have had 62 playing for Bodmin with Chris Chalky Hawke setting you up!!!  I’ll call you in a day or two!! 😂👍.  My season only finished 10 minutes ago!!! 😂😂. Pretty sure all the successful managers like Ricky was, don’t wait for 3 weeks after the seasons finished to get in touch with a player they want!! Think we all know it goes on, always has, always will.  😁👍

Totally agree Rappo; I'm not daft enough to believe that people comply with the rules. My main point is about the registration process. Players cannot be registered on the FA portal until they submit their agreement via email. Any player can "promise" to register for any number of Clubs but - as there are no registration forms to sign - the confirmation email cannot cannot be sent until the FA open the portal sometime in June - by which time they might have received a better offer!

2 hours ago, Rovers10 said:

Embarrassing 🤣. It happens throw out the year people trying to poach players we had several players throw this season being ask to go to other clubs and most clubs do it and like I said I didn’t realise they still had a game to play. Each club will be trying to Strengthen that’s the name of the game. 

It’s not a great portrayal though is it? Seasons not even over for that team and the players are getting bombarded with messages and offers to try and coax them away!

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Sean even messaged me and I retired 10 years ago!! 🤔😳😂️.   To be honest I don’t think Sean is doing anything any other manager isn’t doing!!  Like Meady said June 1st is always seen as the official approach date but in reality no manager looking to strengthen his squad isn’t going to wait until then and miss out on a player a few clubs will be interested in!! 

Remember scoring a couple of goals in the SWL cup final for Falmouth in 92, first bank holiday Monday of May (usually last game of the season) at Bodmin to make it 42 for the season and as we were walking back to the dressing rooms after the cup celebrations etc, Ricky Cardew called me over and said you would have had 62 playing for Bodmin with Chris Chalky Hawke setting you up!!!  I’ll call you in a day or two!! 😂👍.  My season only finished 10 minutes ago!!! 😂😂. Pretty sure all the successful managers like Ricky was, don’t wait for 3 weeks after the seasons finished to get in touch with a player they want!! Think we all know it goes on, always has, always will.  😁👍

At least your season had just finished Rappo!!

10 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

It’s not a great portrayal though is it? Seasons not even over for that team and the players are getting bombarded with messages and offers to try and coax them away!

Like I said I didn’t look I thought they had finished and I’m sure I’m not the only one they will get messages from and no bombardment it was a question saying what are you doing next season would you like to come pre season it’s a general question.