Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth 1 - 2 St Agnes

Great win for Aggie in the local derby, that was largely spoilt by the weather, but also by a referee who was weak and didn't have a clue what was going on for most of the game.

Aggies first goal came from a corner after the ref overuled the Aggie linesman when he indicated a foul throw for a foot on the pitch. Perrans goal came from a penalty that no one had a clue what was for.

Loads of bookings and a sending off for Aggie for foul and abusive language, selective hearing the referee must have had cos there was loads of it going on, but he had obviously been watching to much tv. Loads of niggly crap as always in these games that the ref let some go and then decided to book others, no idea who he was, but he wasn't the best! and guess what??? he went into the changing rooms before the game!!!

which always means they're going to be bad!!! rant over, over to Kappa and Ronin for their take on events which I don't think will be too different.

Hope Perranporth have a good evening tonight

Guest WINNO

CREDIT TO MULLION TODAY THEY WORKED HARD AND COULD HAVE NICKED IT THEMSEVES. DAN STIDWELL GUESTING FROM PENZANCE SWPL SIDE CAUSED US PROBLEMS UNTIL HE GOT INJURED.!!!WHICH WILL PLEASE PENZANCE NO END I EXPECT!!!!! HOPE HE IS OK AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE.07789935094

BUT WE WERE BELOW PAR TODAY AND AS I SAID BEFORE WE HAD CHANCES AND DIDNT PUNISH MULLION AS TRURO DO TO SIDES. THATS THE DIFF SOMETIMES.

BUT ALL DUE RESPECTS MULLION BATTLED LIKE THERE LIVES DEPENDED ON IT AND A GOOD KEEPER THEY HAVE ALSO.

GREAT RESPECT TO THE GROUNDSMAN WHOM PREPARED A GREAT PITCH SEEMING THE CONDITIONS WE HAVE HAD..

CREDIT ITS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD PITCH THERE I PLAYED FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newquay 4 v Ludgvan 0

Another hat-trick from goalkeeper Scott Palmer. 1 goal from Luke Wheldon who is no longer our leading scorer after Palmers amazing burst of form....Burn your gloves Scotty. I dont know where this form is coming from but keep it coming.

A windy day and a wet pitch but an easy three points. Ludgvan have been struggling in recent years and it is not so long ago we used to endure massive six pointers asgainst fellow strugglers. I was pleased to see them survive in the summer but they are bang in the middle of a relegation dog fight. We are now a comfortable mid table team and looking forward to pushing on this season and next.

Amazed to see 'old John' still performing so well at the back for them. He must be well into his 40s and still clearly loving the game and a typical old pro with all the tricks up his sleeve.

James Merrikin has now established himself as atop combo keeper. Little to do today but when required he pulled out a top class save. thats four clean sheets in 5 and ten for the season. Steady work big man.

Ken Keemer reffed the game superbly. I still believe we have an excellent standrad of refs at this level with poor performances few and far between.

Team spirit and discipline is great. we are training well and playing well; despite the weather. Beware whoever plays us next. Illogan's 2v1 win in January is our only defeat in nearly 6 months at Fortress Mount Wise.

Guest blue203

Like to comment on the Mullion result, if Dan Stidders had stayed on the park the result might off gone to Mullion, not to sure if Penzance will be to worried as he has left them, apparently not good enought, his performance in the first half was very good and a good signing for Mullion, Penzance must have loads of strikers,

Guest Ronin

over to Kappa and Ronin for their take on events which I don't think will be too different.

Nothing to add to that St Darren, I reckon you're spot on :thumbsup:

You missed a good night tonight - plenty of reminiscing, a nice spread (with cream teas & butterfly buns - yum!) and plenty of :drink:

Guest messi

dan had offers from other clubs of course but why slate him for gettin paid, what alot of you don't know is dan has alot of good mates on and off the pitch down mullion and that was a massive part of why he has decided to join us! yea he's a qality player! but we battled hard AS A TEAM and on a different day would have had the 3points!! anyone who thinks mullion got lucky and didnt deserve there point is wrong weve lacked a quality striker all season and today matched a very good helston team!!! thanks winno for all that u said honesty is rarely used on these boards so to get the respect u gave is much appreciated!!! best o luck for season!!!!

Guest blue203

££££££££, How sad, could be a good striker !!!!!!!

Kev sticks and stones, The problem is you only think he could be a good striker,

Penryn 6-0 Hayle

No complaints the much better and harder working team won on the day not making excuses but had 6 players out filled with 3rd and 4th team players who done the best they could for me. but at combo level and at Penryn you wont get away with that. players going on holiday this time of season, never done it myself always waited till end of season, but we never really competed with Penryn who sorted out our weaknesses early and punnished us for them.

Well done Penryn good luck for rest of season, and i enjoyed the banter from the old guys in the stand always a good laugh when you get that from the home support.

:(:(:(:(:(:( :(

Illogan 3-0 Falmouth Town

Having not played for a couple of weeks was great to get back playing and produced some of the best football weve played all year and in the conditions and off teh beack of such a poor semi final display in was pleasing.

Early Pen saw us settle down and then a good goal from the constantly dangerous corners by Burchy by Sam Fenton was no less than we deserved up hill into the wind.

2nd half Falmouth came more into it and again found it easier to play into the wind as the ball held up but after 15-20 without scoring we got back on top and with a goal by burchy this time straight in from the corner we played out the game quite comfortably.

Messenger you right Sat was very bad day for me and as your name suggests i would like to shoot the messenger you are right as well we have gone from close games against the likes of Truro and Aggie close game against Perran great win against Culdrose to bad results on the bounce and although some of it is down to the fact we have had important players missing in both matches perils of second team football I have to admit i thought our drubbing days were over FOOTBALL ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME :wacko::wacko::wacko: :wacko: