Cornwall Football Forum

Man Utd Goalkeeper

Being an Arsenal fan, seeing Man U lose at West Ham was entertaining. However, the utter contempt being handed out to David de Gea for his blunder is totally over the top in my opinion. It appears, from what I am reading this morning, that pundits (non goalkeepers by the way) and Man U supporters alike are united (no pun intended) that his time is up. Rubbish. He is a world class keeper that has probably earned more points for his team than most of his teammates. It makes me smile to read that de Gea (from BBC Sport): “The 32-year-old has now made four errors leading to a goal in all competitions this season, the joint most of any Premier League player, along with Hugo Lloris”. They are goalkeepers! Do we expect that Marcus Rashford will make a mistake that will lead to a goal? It’s a joke really.

If Man U do replace him, it will be out of the frying pan into the fire in my opinion. In life, you often don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone, and in the case of de Gea, I think they will find that out if they do decide to replace him.

Couldn’t agree more, and I’m a fan of Utd. Won player of the year 4 years in a row and saved the team on countless occasions!! He’s got a few mistakes in the bank in my book!! Football a cut throat fickle old game ain’t it! Just look at Dele Ali 😕