Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook FC

From the Millbrook Facebook page - Macca’s statement copied and pasted 

After seven rollercoaster seasons, the time has finally come to step down as Manager of Millbrook Football Club.

I don't really know where to start, it's been quite a ride. Arriving in 2016, the club was competing at Step 7 in SWPL Division 1 West and in a mountain of debt and now, just after completing our second season in the Toolstation Western League I just feel the time is right to hand over the baton to somebody else to write the next chapter.

I feel privileged to have been given the opportunity to manage the club and to work alongside the people I have. I am proud to have been part of a club that created an environment where players chose to stay for years on end, devoting so much of their footballing lives, instead of seeking different challenges elsewhere. I'm proud to have been part of a club that showed the ambition, against the odds, that enabled the team to drive through the leagues which its success deserved.

I am proud to have led the amazing players who made that happen.

Regarding thank you's, there are too many people to name, the committee members past and present who give up so much time voluntarily, all of those who have assisted me in the dugout over the years, Mike and Lewis for keeping it going when I couldn't, Britch and Gary for reinvigorating me this season, Washy & Danny, the supporters, and of course, the players - of which there are well over 100 now who pulled on the black and white shirt for me over the seven seasons. Foz, Muzza, Jason, J, Knighty have been there for every single one of those seasons. Woody, Chris, Paynee, Rikki not far behind. The club is over 100 years old and you were all part of arguably its most successful chapter, you all believed in it with me and we created memories that will honestly last forever. And of course, a huge thank you to Sam & Frankie, Mark, Nick Hall, my family and friends who have picked me up when it was needed and just accepted this is what I am, at times to your own detriment.

I want nothing but the very best for Millbrook, but I feel like I have taken it as far as I can and feel it is time for a new challenge myself, whatever that may be, but I wish nothing but good luck to whoever comes in to build on what we have left in place.

Ride On!

Macca Brown