Probus                 4-1             Falmouth DC

LEAGUE CUP FINAL (at Illogan)   

New Inn Titans  8-0              Newlyn Non-Athletico

RUSSELL HALL CUP FINAL (at Penryn)

St Ives Mariners    0-4          Dropship

PERCY STEPHENS CUP   

Probus                  2-0          Falmouth DC

Titans 8 - 0 Newlyn.

Complete mis-match. Rumour was at the Troon-Stithians final that some of the Newlyn squad were unavailable due to a stag do or some-such so maybe they fielded a much weakened team. Certainly looked like it to me. Last week, top finisher Troon only beat bottom side Stithians 4 - 0 and that was a flattering scoreline. Stithians deserved to score at least one. Troon apparently replaced a regular squad member with a ringer from St Blazey. Why would a player of that standard DO that? What will the medal mean to him? some squad members will know that they aren't valued by the club who will bring in a player from a (much) higher league - for what? They were expected to win anyway. Any consolation to sidelined fringe members of the Troon squad : I couldn't tel by watching the game who this St Blazey ace was so he didn't exactly shine! But today, Newlyn scarcely looked like scoring.

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Titans 8 - 0 Newlyn.

Complete mis-match. Rumour was at the Troon-Stithians final that some of the Newlyn squad were unavailable due to a stag do or some-such so maybe they fielded a much weakened team. Certainly looked like it to me. Last week, top finisher Troon only beat bottom side Stithians 4 - 0 and that was a flattering scoreline. Stithians deserved to score at least one. Troon apparently replaced a regular squad member with a ringer from St Blazey. Why would a player of that standard DO that? What will the medal mean to him? some squad members will know that they aren't valued by the club who will bring in a player from a (much) higher league - for what? They were expected to win anyway. Any consolation to sidelined fringe members of the Troon squad : I couldn't tel by watching the game who this St Blazey ace was so he didn't exactly shine! But today, Newlyn scarcely looked like scoring.

To be fair to the St Blazey player you mentioned Tom, he’s a local lad and always will make himself available for another side when Blazey don’t have a game as he’s football mad and has played for Troon 8 times this season 

1 hour ago, Pitty said:

To be fair to the St Blazey player you mentioned Tom, he’s a local lad and always will make himself available for another side when Blazey don’t have a game as he’s football mad and has played for Troon 8 times this season 

As well as a couple others - can't blame someone for being football mad!

We loaned him to Blazey for some match fitness….won them the league due to our kindness , we are still awaiting a thank you letter / trophy / cheque 🤷‍♂️🤣🏆

He wears his heart on his sleeve no matter who he plays for and in what league, has played half of our games this season with many of his mates and now has many more!  Our lads know it’s a squad game! And I’d love to have him in our squad next season 🤞🏻

Stithians are a great bunch run by one of the most respected managers in local village football in Billy, the game was in my opinion a very good one with both teams having good chances at 0-0, did Troon deserve to win? Yes I think so, did stithians push enough to deserve a goal? Yes probably, did we use all 16 players to give everyone a fair chance at a final that they’ve played a part in? Yes, and that’s why the managers manage and others don’t (no offence Tom 🖊️ 📝 ⌨️ 🤣).

For info we only had 16 players eligible for the final! And have had 5 current u18s who have gone through the ranks at Troon regularly playing for the firsts when available of course, thankfully we have had a successful season and we stand by all of our managerial decisions, we must be doing something right 🏆🏆

On 05/05/2023 at 17:24, Dave Deacon said:

DIVISION 2        

Probus                  v              Falmouth DC

PERCY STEPHENS CUP   

Probus                  4-1            Falmouth DC

(although this result suggests it was 2-0 to DC at full-time!!!)

@Dave Deacon, the first match was 2-0 to Falmouth DC (which I believe was the cup match?) and the second match was 4-1 to us. We were off the pace in the first match but played really well in the second and we had the advantage of 16 players available, whereas Falmouth only had 13.
Well done to Falmouth for winning the league and Junior Cup - they are a really good footballing team.
Thanks to Leigh Michael for refereeing (a very good young referee).

Final games of the season for us today, a great way for our manager, Graham Smith to sign-off. Thank you to him for all he’s done over the past few seasons for the club - he has done an amazing job making it easy for us to just turn up on a Saturday. Time to rest now and reset ready for a new season in the St Pirans League, whichever division we are in. Thank you to everyone in the Trelawny League for everything over the past few years.

5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Titans 8 - 0 Newlyn.

Watching from the sidelines, looked to me as if Troon didn’t really need to get out of second gear throughout, so I don’t think your ‘flattering scoreline’ account of the game is entirely accurate! Seems more out of spite. Can’t comment on the Blazey player, except to note what others have said. 

You’re all commenting about Troon when this Saturday was all about how New Inn Titans showed why they aren’t just a footballing side but also family! 1-16 played for each other, and as the score line suggests dominated the game! League champions and Cup winners! We are what we are, hated by many, disliked by loads but were a squad and yet again, showed how good we can be!

We are New Inn Titans double winners 🏆 

Hmm, quick reply:

- Tom Trust: Complete mis-match, no. Not in my opinion. I think NITs will know they were in a game yesterday. About the rumour, yes, some 4 starters from the semi-final were not available for the final, but not a weakened team. That takes away what was a fantastic performance by NITs. The team that NNA fielded was a strong team, no excuses from our side.

- The Final. First half, quite even, barring the goals. Good finishes from NITs. Poor finishing from NNA. The leagues top scorer, Jack Liddicoat, for NNA, was on show yesterday. A 57 goal season. His chances were limited yesterday, and uncharacteristically, those he got, did not find the target. Rare. Second half, NITs were good from the off. NNA had a great chance to make it 2-1, great save, cross, another shot, shouts for a penalty (and looking perhaps like a sending off for a save on the line by handball), but confusion, and goal kick given? Shortly after, NNA softly gave up possession and NITs punished. Clinically. From THAT moment, the game swung massively. NITS had a swagger, and scored a couple of superb goals. One touch football, precision passing. NNA tried, but lost the individual battles. 8 goals seemed to flatter NITs as a final score. Not witnessing the last 20 minutes, they deserved it, but the game as a whole was hard on NNA.

- New Inn Titans. Barring the Junior Cup, I think they have only lost 2 games in 2 seasons, this season a 100% record in the league. People have their opinions, and I would love to stuff them 8 nil the next time we meet. But apart from being a physical team, they play football with an enthusiasm matched by few others. They have fire in their belly. They also have great ability. You do not do what they do my luck. Well done on what has been a fantastic season. Jealous!

- Newlyn Non Athletico. We will be back.

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Hmm, quick reply:

- Tom Trust: Complete mis-match, no. Not in my opinion. I think NITs will know they were in a game yesterday. About the rumour, yes, some 4 starters from the semi-final were not available for the final, but not a weakened team. That takes away what was a fantastic performance by NITs. The team that NNA fielded was a strong team, no excuses from our side.

- The Final. First half, quite even, barring the goals. Good finishes from NITs. Poor finishing from NNA. The leagues top scorer, Jack Liddicoat, for NNA, was on show yesterday. A 57 goal season. His chances were limited yesterday, and uncharacteristically, those he got, did not find the target. Rare. Second half, NITs were good from the off. NNA had a great chance to make it 2-1, great save, cross, another shot, shouts for a penalty (and looking perhaps like a sending off for a save on the line by handball), but confusion, and goal kick given? Shortly after, NNA softly gave up possession and NITs punished. Clinically. From THAT moment, the game swung massively. NITS had a swagger, and scored a couple of superb goals. One touch football, precision passing. NNA tried, but lost the individual battles. 8 goals seemed to flatter NITs as a final score. Not witnessing the last 20 minutes, they deserved it, but the game as a whole was hard on NNA.

- New Inn Titans. Barring the Junior Cup, I think they have only lost 2 games in 2 seasons, this season a 100% record in the league. People have their opinions, and I would love to stuff them 8 nil the next time we meet. But apart from being a physical team, they play football with an enthusiasm matched by few others. They have fire in their belly. They also have great ability. You do not do what they do my luck. Well done on what has been a fantastic season. Jealous!

- Newlyn Non Athletico. We will be back.

Thankyou for your kind words, Mangle. 

It was an even game for the first half, with us going in at the interval, 2-0 after playing away from the clubhouse. And then, second half shooting towards the clubhouse, we just stepped up through the gears, and a couple of our goals, we’re fantastic one touch football and great link up play, between our attacking 5! 

You boys didn’t throw in the towel, and there’s a few of us walking around with not just sore heads, but the scars of a good battle. 
Fantastically hosted by Illogan RBL, and great Opponents in Newlyn. 
But like you said Mangle, it’s been an amazing couple of seasons, for us at New Inn Titans, and we’re loving playing together as a squad. 
We play for one another, battle for each and every team mate, and Feed off our strength and Football ability, to have kept a relatively great record, think it’s 44 games played and 1 league defeat, and A final defeat last year, at the same ground as yesterday, and 2 junior cup losses. Not too shabby! Thankyou for the game, and good luck for next season. From all at New Inn Titans FC 

Fair Summary Mangle, I felt the first half was quite even apart from we took our chances, even at 3-0 I wasn’t relaxed, we know how quickly games can change at this level, the fourth goal killed the game off but your boys played until the final whistle, good luck for next season except if you’re playing us. UTT.

On 06/05/2023 at 20:14, thejman said:

....... and that’s why the managers manage and others don’t (no offence Tom 🖊️ 📝 ⌨️ 🤣).

Hmm. Did all my coaching and managing in the 70s and 80s, to be fair, before reporting for Radio Cornwall. And, re another post, what spite against Troon? No spite, just an opinion made by an old football spectator. I don't feel spite towards any team. Odd comment to make. 

I can identify with the idea of "just football mad" Some of my best and funniest memories are from my playing days in the 60s and 70s.

On 05/05/2023 at 17:24, Dave Deacon said:

PREMIER DIVISION

Camborne School Of Mines          6-2              Ludgvan

DIVISION 2        

Probus                 4-1             Falmouth DC

LEAGUE CUP FINAL (at Illogan)   

New Inn Titans  8-0              Newlyn Non-Athletico

RUSSELL HALL CUP FINAL (at Penryn)

St Ives Mariners    0-4          Dropship

PERCY STEPHENS CUP   

Probus                  2-0          Falmouth DC

Have Ludgvan lost the manager or players? looked set to win the trelawny prem and also have a great chance of reaching the final of the Dunn Cup. Looking at the table they’ve now only made third and no trophies back to ludgvan. 

They have been great all season bar the final 4/5 weeks.

On 08/05/2023 at 12:35, Redstripe said:

Have Ludgvan lost the manager or players? looked set to win the trelawny prem and also have a great chance of reaching the final of the Dunn Cup. Looking at the table they’ve now only made third and no trophies back to ludgvan. 

They have been great all season bar the final 4/5 weeks.

No, just a really lacklustre end to the season to be honest.

Troon were awarded an extra 3 points a few weeks ago due to CSoM fielding an ineligible player against them, which meant that we could no longer win the league. From there the spark seemed to go within the squad and we have had a run of poor results against teams we really should've beaten.

We were missing a few to cricket on Saturday but take nothing away from CSoM, they had a strong team and on their 3G pitch were much the better side.

It was a shame not to win any silverware but we'll go again next season.