Cornwall Football Forum

"I will make changes for Saturday's game. Players will be moving on now."

Premier Division title race?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to be the eventual first-ever champions

• Saltash United
    • Plymouth Parkway
    • Bodmin Town

Well true to the article in today's West Briton, Falmouth Town's manager Steve Massey seems to already be wheeling the axe.

I hear that three players have already been told they can go, and that Liskeard are the likely club to benefit. My bet's on Matt and Aaron Cusack along with Jamie Morrison-Hill.

Just in time with transfers having to be into the League Secretary by 5pm on Monday 31st March.

Isn't football a funny old game! <_<

Guest Uncle Albert

Not surprised by that news. I think we'll find that most of last season's Liskeard squad will be back at Lux Park next season, where their hearts are. They only left because of Mr Clarkson.

Falmouth have blown it for this season, I fear. My money is on Saltash or Bodmin.

Providing they finally give Harvs and John Horne a decent chance!

I'm still surprised Parkway don't seem to feature in anyone's title tips. However, for sure it's down to the present top three : Saltash, Parkway and Bodmin.

The all-important games to come, as I see it, are :-

April

8th Plymouth Parkway v Saltash United

19th Saltash United v Dartmouth

23rd Bodmin Town v Saltash United

26th Falmouth Town v Saltash United

30th Saltash United v Plymouth Parkway

May

3rd Saltash United v Falmouth Town

Looking at those, if Saltash reproduce the kind of form they showed against Truro on Easter Monday, they must have a very, very good chance, however, surely they have too many "big" games to come through all of them unscathed!

Bodmin Town can benefit, providing they don't shoot themselves in the foot! Sorry Alan, I'm going with you guys at Priory Park! :rolleyes:

Guest Roger

I have recently been informed that steve massey has removed mat and aron cussack and jamie morrison hill from the squad as dave deacon predicted. My question to you dave is how did you know that ???? if it was a guess then please predict the lottery numbers for tomorrow because on this knowledge you wont be far off

Very interesting on these players. Will Massey be looking to bring in better players for next season at a cost?

It see Massey is on a mission to put things right. Mybe it is times like this where we will see how good the manager really is! If only players like Andy Street were still around!

For the title i hope Saltash win it. But as a Falmouth supporter that means they will proberly beat Falmouth in the last two games of the season! Maybe not

Well true to the article in today's West Briton, Falmouth Town's manager Steve Massey seems to already be wheeling the axe.

I hear that three players have already been told they can go, and that Liskeard are the likely club to benefit. My bet's on Matt and Aaron Cusack along with Jamie Morrison-Hill.

Just in time with transfers having to be into the League Secretary by 5pm on Monday 31st March.

Isn't football a funny old game! <_<

dave,

you still havent cleared up how you came to the decision that it was the cusacks and m-hill that were leaving falmouth????

Guest Roger

I have heard reports whilsrt out for the morning papers that falmouths game is off today, can anyone confirm this? To me this appears strange as they have played in much worse conditions this season, has it got anything to do with the departure of cusack twins and morrison hill in the fact that steve massey has not got enough players today. I may walk the pitch ;later to see for myself.

Guest Postie Pidge

1) The Cusacks are brothers, not twins

2) The pitch was waterlogged, as confirmed by a SWPL referee

3) It had to be postponed early as Buckland had a long trip that they wouldn't want to undertake to find the game postponed.

The club has more than enough players to fulfill the games, the loss of four has been covered with six signing before the deadline.

it is strange because Carter didnt really look the part when he played for Falmouth. He looked a bit clumsy. And at times how the hell did he score so many goals for Torpoint? Maybe he likes the more direct type of football?

I did get the impression that the cusack brothers were not fighters. Mentally just seemed a bit to casual for me!

Its easy to blame the manager for losing but some of the time the players have alot to do with it. if they are on a good wage and do not perform like they have for other clubs! Then if the manager cant get the best out of them they need to be replaced.

I like to see the days back where we have fighters in the team. 11 Andy Bowkers will do!!!

John,Torpoint do not play direct football they play the game as it should be played with the ball on the grass,and the reason Adam Carter scores so many goals for Torpoint is quite simple ,he plays from the start and does not keep the bench warm how is he going to score if not playing.

it is strange because Carter didnt really look the part when he played for Falmouth. He looked a bit clumsy. And at times how the hell did he score so many goals for Torpoint? Maybe he likes the more direct type of football?

I did get the impression that the cusack brothers were not fighters. Mentally just seemed a bit to casual for me!

Its easy to blame the manager for losing but some of the time the players have alot to do with it. if they are on a good wage and do not perform like they have for other clubs! Then if the manager cant get the best out of them they need to be replaced.

I like to see the days back where we have fighters in the team. 11 Andy Bowkers will do!!!

john, you must be a very good judge of player to judge adam carter because by what i hear he hardly played at falmouth, i have seen him play an awful lot this season at the mill, and i think his record speaks for itself. As for your comments regarding the cusack brothers...i have to agree with you, they are not fighters...they appear to me to be 'footballers', but if its fighters you pay your money to see, then that is fair enough. As you rightly say, if the manager cant get the best out of players, then they need to be replaced, so surely we will see about 25 new players at falmouth town monday morning?? I think the number of players that massey has gone through in 2 seasons speaks for itself, success cant be achieved this way, you only have to look at sides like launceston and saltash, on no budget, they are successfull because they have team spirit and a guidance from the dugout. I have seen falmouth 3 times this season, and to me it appears there was no spirit and the players didnt really know what they were doing. alot of average players there on ridiculous money.

finally john, you seem to have alot of time for mr massey, which is fine, but what has he actually won over the last 15 years???? not a great deal i would imagine.

well i watched Adam Carter for falmouth start one game and i didnt rate him. that was just my opinion. Infact i was very disapointed. As for Steve Massey, he has alot of knowledge and will get the job right for Falmouth. And if he has made mistakes he will learn from them. i am sure he has learnt alot from this season. He is an Ex pro and managed at a high level with the county team. And he was a top striker so he knows what it takes to be a good striker.

I have watched Falmouth alot this season and i truly say the performances by some of the falmouth players were very poor. And this is from players who have played at a higher level or from the top teams. Falmouth have had top quality players this year, some putting in average performances. Thats why MR. Massey is taking action.

well i watched Adam Carter for falmouth start one game and i didnt rate him. that was just my opinion. Infact i was very disapointed. As for Steve Massey, he has alot of knowledge and will get the job right for Falmouth. And if he has made mistakes he will learn from them. i am sure he has learnt alot from this season. He is an Ex pro and managed at a high level with the county team. And he was a top striker so he knows what it takes to be a good striker.

I have watched Falmouth alot this season and i truly say the performances by some of the falmouth players were very poor. And this is from players who have played at a higher level or from the top teams. Falmouth have had top quality players this year, some putting in average performances. Thats why MR. Massey is taking action.

you still didnt answer the question of what MR. Massey has won in terms of trophies john???????

Guest crosser

you've got to laugh really haven't you poor old john is a confused soul, he says that he didn't rate Carter after one game and he probably suits a more direct sort of style yet then in the next breath slates the cusacks because they are not fighters. Then resorts to playground tactics of he's better than you when he can't answer a simple question. Never mind john maybe next time.

and as a side note as a torpoint supporter i'm glad carter has returned to us hopefully he will fire us up a few more places. good work gary or stevo whoever was behind his return :clapper:

good work gary or stevo whoever was behind his return

Probably a case of Gary, Stevo and the player himself behind the return. I'm sure the Torpoint management would have been keeping in touch with things at Falmouth and even before that, when Adam left, they would have suggested that if things didn't work out, then they would be glad to have him back. :D

As for the Cusacks and Morrison-Hill situation. I just hope they sort something out before tomorrow, the transfer deadline. They are too good not to be playing from now until the end of the season.

As to where they will go? Well I know it was hoped they might have appeared at the Bodmin v Cullompton game yesterday to take a look at things.

Liskeard would be linked, mainly because of last season's connection, but is the budget there to accommodate them this late in the season? I'm sure Paul Smith will have already spoken to them as well and so don't write off the possibility of a short stay at Launceston.

In the few games I've seen of Falmouth this season, I have to say there has been something missing, but I would say that Morrison-Hill has always been there or thereabouts for my "man of the match" on almost each occasion. Surprised Steve would have really wanted any of them to go, because at the end of the days they are good footballers.

Sometimes though, you need the right mix of grafters, skill, and winners. One example of the latter is the likes of Darren Gilbert and Shaun Flynn at Bodmin. If things aren't going right, they let you know what they think!

Back to the Falmouth issue ..... perhaps the players didn't like everything behind the scenes, say perhaps lack of training, or the method of training. Who knows they may have expressed their thoughts and they haven't been taken kindly. These are the sort of things that we don't get to see or hear about.

You never know, at this late stage of the season, could they still stay at Falmouth!

Guest Roger

[back to the Falmouth issue ..... perhaps the players didn't like everything behind the scenes, say perhaps lack of training, or the method of training. Who knows they may have expressed their thoughts and they haven't been taken kindly. These are the sort of things that we don't get to see or hear about.]

I would like to find out more about this quote from dave deacon paying particular attention to "lack of training, or the method of training" I was never much of a player but have always enjoyed watching the game. What does this mean? Lack of training. Do Falmouth or any so called semi prfoessional footballers not train in the season? Furthermore how does the method of training come into question? are some of the falmouth players not impressed with the training how can you not be impressed with kicking a ball during training? Or have they been playing basketball or something else instead? LOL LOL

I find this topic a very interesting debate but can I ask as to why the cussack twins and morrison hill have been omitted from the squad? I thought that these players were county players and therefore would be considered senior players? and finally I don't know who is steve and who is stuart massey. One has sort of turkish hooker blonde highlights and wears some long bench coat similar to what a hooker would wear in fact> I wonder if he is naked under there????? one is as round as he is tall with no hair at all. Are they real brothers????? I would kike to find out more about these issues so don't hesitate to fill me in

Guest keano

i thought massey was supposed to have some experience in the game , sounds like he is trying to start up the cornwall state circus and he is the ringmaster.

I find this topic a very interesting debate

So why end your post with personal insults? :SM_carton:

In fact, I think you'll find Steve's the best dressed manager in the league. However his choice of ties is a bit dodgy - and he knows I think that because I've told him to his face. :D

Guest Roger

I wouldn't say it was a personal insult that's a bit harsh. anyway you are right I am more interested in what is happening at falmouth. I watched the blazey game yesterday and I see one of there players has gone to falmouth. Dave you appear to know the in and out of this debate is it due any hostility of the pitch that you are aware of? I understand the results haven;t been going well in the last two weeks but it seems strange to get rid of players with only a month of season left. My guess something else has happened

Guest Roger

Not sure of his name over heard some supporters talking about it. They said he would sure up the midfield so Im thinking a midfielder. Any help dave? do you know of any transfer talk??

Falmouth have also completed the transfer of Carl Paparone in from St Blazey.

Yes I know I posted the above, but Carl's not a midfielder. He's a striker who normally plays and scores goals for Holmans in the Jollys Cornwall Combination League.

Not sure how or why he got to be on St Blazey's books, but I would be surprised if he played many games for them (if any). This leads me to think that he wouldn't have sparked too much conversation between the St Blazey faithful!

However, I think you'll find he's a mate of Andy Bowker's, and although twice having signed for Steve Massey at Falmouth, he's never stayed too long.

I would suggest a signing for cover, just like the other Falmouth additions - who are mostly from their their reserve squad.

Guest keano

Aaron is older by 3 years as it happens.

My view on things is massey has bombed these lads and made them look like trouble makers in an attemp to mask his own in-competence in managing his team. The team has under performed , the buck has to stop with the manager and he has used these guys to delfect blame away from himself. The 3 players in question are very passionate about there football and the last thing they would want is to be invovled in club politics , but now it seems they have been dragged in and are now being used in a nasty cowardly way in which they are being made scapegoats for the teams poor showing this season.

Id like to ask will the manager take any resposibility for falmouths poor showing or is he going to hide and let these 3 young men who just want to play football look the bad guys .

Cowardly actions i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to clear up Paul, Carl Paparone signed for us as cover when we had a shortage in the striker department earlier in the season. Unfortunately due to work commitments Carl never turned out for us due to his work commitments. We took a call from Steve Massey last week who expressed an interest in Carl as he looks to fill holes in his current squad.

Guest Man on the Post

Carl's a good player, but I think a few eyebrows were raised, (first time Falmouth signed him), when Steve Massey called Carl the new Steve Wherry. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: