Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures 6th May

5 league fixtures on Saturday, all 14:30KOs. 

Newquay Academy join Wadebridge Reserves in completing their seasons. St Teath, Looe Town, St Blazey Res & Liskeard Athletic Res play their penultimate fixtures as we edge closer to completion. Foxhole however will still have 7 remaining! After being league favourites for so long, they will finally go top of the league if they beat Looe Town at Goverseth. 

Foxhole Stars vs Looe Town

Liskeard Athletic Reserves vs Newquay Academy

St Minver vs St Columb Major

St Newlyn East vs St Blazey Reserves

Torpoint Athletic 3rd vs St Teath

Foxhole 5-0 Looe

benno

dammers

cam Bidgood ️ 

satisfying 3 points which takes us to the top. Nice to get a clean sheet. Goal difference looks extremely healthy. Looe had a 10 mins spell after the break were we didn’t really get out of the dressing room. But felt we controlled the game and played some great stuff. Benno scoring 3 absolute clinkers. 

47 minutes ago, Benno_JB13 said:

Starman42 in nothing to do with myself, Please don’t associate this account to Benn Bould. Who ever it is has far too much time on their hands. This stinks of Torpoint banter. 

Loud when you’re winning benno. Making up for the last 5 years of always coming second/third/fourth I see 🤣😂 

13 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

Loud when you’re winning benno. Making up for the last 5 years of always coming second/third/fourth I see 🤣😂 

Thank god it’s your last season, Poor old point have been carrying you for the last few years plus hopefully you stop littering the forum with your utter nonsense every week. See you Wednesday princess. 

1 hour ago, Benno_JB13 said:

Thank god it’s your last season, Poor old point have been carrying you for the last few years plus hopefully you stop littering the forum with your utter nonsense every week. See you Wednesday princess. 

Lol I’ve been all over you for the last 5 seasons with a broken body mate. That either makes me not as bad as you make out or the fact that you’ve been absolute garbage… let you decide that one😂 see you Wednesday kid looking forward to it 🤞 

Torpoint and foxhole have had good seasons. Nice to see the tension between the situation but let’s just respect what both sides have done in the last 3 years. Seth deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done this year so does cam bays. So let’s lay off the shit and respect it in a football manner and have respect for what good teams do. Let’s leave it at that gents 

13 hours ago, Benno_JB13 said:

Byron has greatly accepted to come play for me at st Dennis benno he's agreed to bring easterbrook as well so hopefully we finish higher up the table next season 👀👀👀👀

Torpoint Athletic 4 - 1 St Teath

Torpoint goalscorers: Payn, Robbins, Clarke x2.

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, Pearce, WhiteJ, Hussey, Robbins, Brown, Halls, Ross, Rio Driver, Clarke.

Subs: Paine, Payn, WhiteS, Rowe. Unused: Bays

A complete role reversal of the Roche game a few days earlier. It won't make them feel any better but up until 65mins we had stolen their finishing abilities and the cruel mistress of football was handing us some balance.

The first half was 35-40mins all Torpoint, but honestly the worst finishing I've seen in years. We moved the ball well enough and created lots of chances to put St Teath to the sword but we were just so impotent! Cam Ross again a menace on the right wing must've sent in half a dozen dangerous crosses with no one on the end of them or poor quality finishing. On 21mins Byron had had enough and decided to go himself but from 20yards his drive smashed the crossbar and out to safety. After that a cross from Ross was met 8 yards out by Clarke who misguided his effort and didn't test the visiting keeper. Next guilt edged chance went to Jake White who headed wide of the goal from a good Hussey delivery from a corner on the right. Rio Driver was next to step up to the plate and had looked threatening in behind all half, got the ball in some space and drove inside the full back and smashed one goal wards from 18yards only for that effort to smash back off the cross bar too. Rio Driver again for the next episode of chip the paint off the goal frame was just not our day as his low effort hit the inside of the post, bounced back into the 6 yard box and Clarke with the whole goal to aim at cleared it for St Teath with a massively miscued effort which went wide. The next effort would've made all the above worth it but it just wasn't to be. A bit of pressure in the St Teath box and a loose ball fell kindly to Boyd Halls from our u16s making his first start in men's football, hit a low left footed strike to the bottom corner which was well saved and out for a corner. Would've been nice for him to break the deadlock with his first goal after impressing us in all his cameos so far. Towards the latter part of the half, all our misses buoyed St Teath and they did grow into the game. We knew their dangerous players would be the veteran No.2 Olly Edwards and the left winger No.7. The latter driving towards goal and calling Jackson into action. But it remained 0-0 for HT.

Confidence was shot to be honest. How do you deal with a HT where you should be 5 or 6 goals to the good but misses spread throughout the team. On the restart we were fairly fired up from some harsh words said, but also some lacking in confidence. Just before the hour we made 3 changes to make it 4 in total with Paine from our u16s on at the break. I knew we'd get there in the end, but it was St Teath who opened the scoring first. I had to laugh. Football is a funny old game as they say weekly on the Podcast. One of many many silly offsides on our part resulted in their goal. The free kick was lumped into our third where we didn't deal with it, and the striker simply had more desire and smarts to squeeze his shot away and inside Jackson's near post. Fortunately their lead only lasted a few minutes as we equalised quickly. Robbins leading the charge showed neat footwork around 25-30yards and slid in Payn between the centre half and full back who shot early on his left and through the keeper's attempted save for 1-1. We almost took the lead immediately as Ross drove past the full back for the millionth time since resigning and his fierce drive smashed the crossbar...again.

We continued to push but the chances weren't as clear as the first half's. Eventually the balance was broken, and a Hussey corner from the left was cleared and back out to him, who had time to square the bouncing ball to Robbins on the edge, who smashed a half volley through the crowd into the corner leaving the keeper no chance. Neither of us celebrated which tells it's own story about the frustrations. The best open play goal I've seen him score in a while. At this point it was relief but I didn't want anyone to rest on their laurels and luckily we didn't. The reintroduced Clarke got his deserved goal after an error at the back, and then got his brace 2minutes later after being slipped in by Ross, bringing out a strong save but tucking in the rebound for 4-1.

A hot humid day probably didn't help the mood but we got the win which was most important, sealing a minimum of a top 4 finish now. Huge positives to take were Boyd's first start and another 45mins for Paine, with 6x u18s in the squad again yesterday. For a young squad to seal top 4 and a cup win this season is no doubt huge, but if/when we're going to challenge for the league again we need to go up another gear. All in good time! 

Congrats to Foxhole on finally topping the table which has been inevitable for some time. And thanks again to St Teath for a good game. Never any animosity or negativity from our battles. Shame Will Kitto would rather be at Centre Parcs than visit The Mill!