Launceston    0-2    Sticker

West Division

Perranwell    1-4    Redruth United

WEDNESDAY, 3RD MAY, 2023

West Division

Falmouth Town v Mullion - K/O 6.30pm

FRIDAY, 5TH MAY, 2023

Falmouth Town v St. Agnes -K/O 6.30pm

Saturday, 13th May, 2023 at Poltair Park, St. Austell.  Kick-off time to be advised.

There is also the possibility of the Play-off match between the Divisional winners being played on the same day.  However, the winners of the East Division are not yet known.  Should Saltash Borough win the East Division, then that Play-off match will also take place on the 13th.  Should St. Dominick win the East Division, then the Play-off match  will take place at a later date, details to be advised in due course.

28 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Is it not you who has chosen to kick off at 7pm though? 

Kick off is actually 7.15 (seen full time) but I've said we are going to try our best to get there so we can kick off for 7.00 if possible. It's a 35 - 40 minute drive from here to Alternun and half my team don't finish work till 6 so can't guarantee it - which is why it's listed as 7.15 

9 minutes ago, Kvmccan said:

Kick off is actually 7.15 (seen full time) but I've said we are going to try our best to get there so we can kick off for 7.00 if possible. It's a 35 - 40 minute drive from here to Alternun and half my team don't finish work till 6 so can't guarantee it - which is why it's listed as 7.15 

Not sure why the moan at the league, they have to adhere to the FAs want of getting the league finished by a certain date. Not a lot they can do.

19 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Your wonderful, and at times non-factual, account on this week's podcast.

I applaud your passion for your team but, I think to defame members of the league you are in isn't a clever move at all.

I think you should listen to it again, yes I admit I may have gone down the wrong route with the way I talked about the game getting called for bad light because there's no floodlights - but that's only because I can't see where we could replay it or finish the game off at a later date so what happens then? 

As for defaming anyone from our league - I didn't do that once! Everything else I described was as it happened and my opinion of how it affected me and also my team - not once did I defame anyone so not sure where you're coming from there - maybe give me an example of where I defamed a member of the league committee. 

I have been in contact with Steve Carpenter since, apologised if the way I described the situation with the Alternun game upset them all so much (still don't know how's we'd finish the game if it gets called for light though) but the rest of it I stand by. 

I'm actually going to try and help avoid that problem by doing my best to get my team there to start earlier, so please explain to me how I've disrespected or defamed anyone 

It'd be nice aswell if I knew who you were behind that name as you want me to explain myself 

32 minutes ago, Kvmccan said:

I think you should listen to it again, yes I admit I may have gone down the wrong route with the way I talked about the game getting called for bad light because there's no floodlights - but that's only because I can't see where we could replay it or finish the game off at a later date so what happens then? 

As for defaming anyone from our league - I didn't do that once! Everything else I described was as it happened and my opinion of how it affected me and also my team - not once did I defame anyone so not sure where you're coming from there - maybe give me an example of where I defamed a member of the league committee. 

I have been in contact with Steve Carpenter since, apologised if the way I described the situation with the Alternun game upset them all so much (still don't know how's we'd finish the game if it gets called for light though) but the rest of it I stand by. 

I'm actually going to try and help avoid that problem by doing my best to get my team there to start earlier, so please explain to me how I've disrespected or defamed anyone 

It'd be nice aswell if I knew who you were behind that name as you want me to explain myself 

I shall introduce myself face-to-face at a game soon.

St Dominick's draw against St Austell must be a major surprise with St Dminick having a goal difference of plus 54 and St Austell's goal difference of minus 42 !
Any reports on what happened in this match, as the form book was turned on its head.

Watched a very good game of football at Tregye last night. Perranwell v Redruth. The away team took an early lead and doubled the score shortly after with two Dan Bowman goals. The home side came back into the game and scored a well worked goal to make the score 2-1 at half time.

The second half was end to end and to be fair Perranwell could and should have got the equaliser. Then in the last 5 minutes it became the young dimutive Liam show, first he took on 2 home defenders and somehow wiggles through calmly slotting the ball past the keeper, then he turned the defender inside out making him fall over and calmly squared the ball for Lewis to shoot into the side netting to cap an impressive away win against an inform home team. Well done to the 6 reserve team players who stepped up to help out.

Game was played in good spirit and I thought the referee had a good game.

Congratulations to Kev and Saltash Borough on another fantastic season. I appreciate mathematically it's still open but it'd be some bizarre turnaround.

By far the best team I saw in the League this year but I wasn't in charge for the St Dom games. Henry and Joe will get the plaudits for their goals but defensively I thought Ryan and Elliott were brilliant against us. 

Hopefully the League continues to improve next year, the one Club rule may make the Premier even tougher.

St Austell 3 St Dominick 3

an end to end game played on a bumpy surface both sides could have won it in the last ten minutes but it wasn’t to be for St Dom who just didn’t quite do enough in the final third after having the majority of the play.

St Austell had some decent quick forwards and caused problems on the break all evening.

1-1 at half times direct free kick for the home side aHarvey Barrett pen for StDom.

St Dom went ahead twice in the 2nd half through a Kieran Ryall free kick and  a Lee Hawkins cross shot but each time back came St  Austell to deservedly gets point.

This seemed like one game to far for an injury plagued St Dom but no excuses on the night they did not play well enough!!

Congratulations to Saltash Borough on retaining your title it’s been a close battle again between two excellent sides 

Onwards for St Dom to the 2 finals starting with the county intermediate final at Wadebridge on Sunday against Illogan.

it should be a good game and hopefully we can win some silverware after a couple of near misses..

Friday night football and Falmouth win 4-1 at home against St Agnes.

Scott Kellow scored Falmouth's 4th from not too far past the half way line - a la David Beckham at Wimbledon many years ago!

The game also saw the last game with Kimmo in charge of St Agnes. Pity he couldn't finish with a win, but some promising looking youngers in the side.

On 03/05/2023 at 08:52, L.Gibbons said:

Congratulations to Kev and Saltash Borough on another fantastic season. I appreciate mathematically it's still open but it'd be some bizarre turnaround.

By far the best team I saw in the League this year but I wasn't in charge for the St Dom games. Henry and Joe will get the plaudits for their goals but defensively I thought Ryan and Elliott were brilliant against us. 

Hopefully the League continues to improve next year, the one Club rule may make the Premier even tougher.

Thank you Luke, sorry but didn't want to jump the gun before we'd actually won it. Appreciate the post, not sure I wanna go through it again mind....