Cornwall Football Forum

Congratulations to Mousehole

Congratulations to Mousehole on winning the Western League Premier Division. A new challenge next year with even further to travel,  but hopefully the players will rise to the challenge. I'd imagine that a few clubs won't relish the trip to the far west for a mid-week game. Best of luck for the next season. 

Way and above our wildest hopes. We have worked very hard to bring in the right people to realise our dreams for the club but the way Jake and the lads have performed is way and above what we could have dreamt of.

This is such a hard league full of great teams and you can really state a case for any team in the top 7 or 8 as being good enough to win it and we are very proud that this year it is our lads. 

2 hours ago, hills19 said:

Well done to Mousehole, I’m a saltash fan. Relentless, winning so many in a row.

Nice to read some of the information WRJ says there about the build.

Cornwall football is building nicely too. 

A lot of things for Cornish football to deal with currently (especially at grass roots level), but come August it could potentially have one club at step 2, two playing at step 4 and 5 at step 5. Something to celebrate. 

15 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Well done Mousehole, hope you have a great 2023/24 season. Visiting clubs won't relish the trips west, especially midweekers 

How's that track up to Trungle Parc looking now? I know that work had started to improve and change the approach to the ground.

3 hours ago, hills19 said:

Well done to Mousehole, I’m a saltash fan. Relentless, winning so many in a row.

Nice to read some of the information WRJ says there about the build.

Cornwall football is building nicely too. 

Congrats to Saltash as well a terrific points tally and fully deserve to get promotion so I really hope it goes well in the playoff

On 23/04/2023 at 20:30, tizcornish said:

l just wonder how many of that Mousehole winning team will still be at Trungle Park come next season.

Why wouldn’t they ?? A chance to play at higher level with a real progressive club and they all seem like a settled group. Would imagine they will add to the squad but what player in Cornwall will want to turn down mousehole now if they come knocking ?? 

35 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Why wouldn’t they ?? A chance to play at higher level with a real progressive club and they all seem like a settled group. Would imagine they will add to the squad but what player in Cornwall will want to turn down mousehole now if they come knocking ?? 

In last evenings Southern League podcast Adam Fletcher confirmed that next seasons team will be heavily based around this seasons championship winning team, with a few additions. Why change a winning formula ?? 🏆

54 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I would say that a greater risk for Mousehole is that step 2/3 clubs have a look at their players (and even the manager).

One or two have surely come to other club's attention.