Cornwall Football Forum

Troon AFC Trelawny League Champions

Just wanted to say a congratulations to all involved at Troon AFC as I have just seen they have been crowned Trelawny League Champions. 

Great work by Carl Stretton and his team, bringing trophies back to Troon like the good old days. Looks like a brand new team & competing with the likes of West Cornwall & Camborne School of Mines who would of been arguably favorites to win that league at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, Redstripe said:

Just wanted to say a congratulations to all involved at Troon AFC as I have just seen they have been crowned Trelawny League Champions. 

Great work by Carl Stretton and his team, bringing trophies back to Troon like the good old days. Looks like a brand new team & competing with the likes of West Cornwall & Camborne School of Mines who would of been arguably favorites to win that league at the start of the season.

Congratulations to all involved at Troon Football Club.

42 minutes ago, zebedee said:

League trophy and players medals will be presented after semi final at Troon onSaturday 22nd April 

What a great occasion for everyone associated with the club. Troon over the last few years have been somewhat considered the 'sleeping giant' of the Trelawny League. Also great to see so many familiar faces at the Club who have gone through the rough patch to now be able to welcome a league title back to the club. Was it Matthew Harris the last manager to bring in silverware?

On 19/04/2023 at 14:52, Redstripe said:

What a great occasion for everyone associated with the club. Troon over the last few years have been somewhat considered the 'sleeping giant' of the Trelawny League. Also great to see so many familiar faces at the Club who have gone through the rough patch to now be able to welcome a league title back to the club. Was it Matthew Harris the last manager to bring in silverware?

We actually won the Sup Cup when we was in the Combo around 2011/12? A few seasons after Matts departure with a very good squad, beating Matts new club St day 1sts on the way to lifting the trophy!

This is the first time we’ve won the top league title in junior football for a long time though (77/78) the trophy is a beauty and actually has a winner from 1940/41 season in the ‘8th Battalion Regiment’, some fascinating history on the trophy itself.

we have had a great season, lads have loved it and it’s a credit to them and stretch of course. Behind the scenes we are extremely lucky to have a great committee. With the new clubhouse now built, refurbished changing rooms and a whole plethora of other teams within the club the future is certainly looking bright for us, and has a pathway for all ages / abilities.

Onto the league cup final this Saturday v Stithians which will be a great occasion for both clubs, strangely enough i captained Troon 1sts in their last win in the Dunn cup under Matt Harris in 2008 beating a solid Gwinear team at Mousehole, fingers crossed to complete the double this weekend 🤞🏻

On 27/04/2023 at 09:01, thejman said:

We actually won the Sup Cup when we was in the Combo around 2011/12? A few seasons after Matts departure with a very good squad, beating Matts new club St day 1sts on the way to lifting the trophy!

This is the first time we’ve won the top league title in junior football for a long time though (77/78) the trophy is a beauty and actually has a winner from 1940/41 season in the ‘8th Battalion Regiment’, some fascinating history on the trophy itself.

we have had a great season, lads have loved it and it’s a credit to them and stretch of course. Behind the scenes we are extremely lucky to have a great committee. With the new clubhouse now built, refurbished changing rooms and a whole plethora of other teams within the club the future is certainly looking bright for us, and has a pathway for all ages / abilities.

Onto the league cup final this Saturday v Stithians which will be a great occasion for both clubs, strangely enough i captained Troon 1sts in their last win in the Dunn cup under Matt Harris in 2008 beating a solid Gwinear team at Mousehole, fingers crossed to complete the double this weekend 🤞🏻

I believe I may have been at this game! All those years ago, wow. Seems like yesterday Matthew Harris was at Troon. 

I have heard from a few club's that have previously won the Cornwall FA Trelawny Premier League that the trophy itself holds a of history, do we know if the trophy is the original or has it been replaced over the years?

Sounds like Troon have a superb set up that will be attracting players for years to come. So a win tomorrow, will this be almost 15 years since the Dunn Cup has been to Grouter Park? Any news on the team's for tomorrow? I do not think any match programme's have been created for this final, a real shame considering a lot like myself like to collect these as a piece of memorabilia to the final's we attend over the years. 

Congratulations to you and all at Troon on what could be a superb season for you all.