Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek ECPL Fixtures, 18th, 19th & 20th

Tuesday 18th April

St Newlyn East vs St Columb Major 18:30ko

St Dennis Reserves vs Liskeard Athletic Reserves 19:30ko

St Dominick vs Foxhole Stars 19:30ko @ Dobwalls' Lantoom Park - CCFA Intermediate Cup

Wednesday 19th April

Newquay Academy vs St Teath 19:30ko

Torpoint Ath 3rds vs St Stephen 19:30ko

Thursday 20th April

St Blazey Reserves vs Looe Town 19:30ko

St Dennis Res 0-3 Liskeard Res FT 

St Dennis started really well and pegged liskeard back for the first 25 mins or so and scored a perfectly fine goal only for the linesman bizarrely rule it offside (shocking decision). If that goal stood could been a different outcome in my opinion. But in the end liskeard took advantage of a tiring St Dennis side and scored 3 goals to take home the 3pts. 

1 hour ago, Rjw87 said:

St Dennis Res 0-3 Liskeard Res FT 

St Dennis started really well and pegged liskeard back for the first 25 mins or so and scored a perfectly fine goal only for the linesman bizarrely rule it offside (shocking decision). If that goal stood could been a different outcome in my opinion. But in the end liskeard took advantage of a tiring St Dennis side and scored 3 goals to take home the 3pts. 

Jon Colenzo strikes again?

we had the same against liskeard luckily it didn't impact result. he was chatting to our spectators next to our dug out and not watching play, we went through, he turned and flagged instantly and was 5 yards behind play 😆

11 hours ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Dom 4-1 foxhole. 

a lot of mistakes from us tonight punished by a quality dom side. Can’t make those mistakes against opponents like that. At times we played some nice stuff. The sending off killed us. Take nothing away from st dom. they deserved it tonight. All the best in the final 

who got sent off Lee and at what time

1 hour ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Damerell got sent off 46th min I read on twitter.

He did mate. It killed us. Felt we just edged the 1st half. Unlucky not to score tbh and going in at half time behind to a pen. 2nd half Luke got sent with in around 30 seconds of the re-start. Which was their 2nd penalty. I felt the initial contact was outside the box but the ref pointed to the spot. 
we conceded our 3rd with a miss kick from our keeper leaving the dom striker tapping into a empty net. 
we had a 20 min spell then after that we’re we put a lot of pressure on them and managed to get a goal from benno, a decent cross from cowboy. 
With us trying to chuck numbers forward, dom grabbed their 4th. It was a great end to end semi final to be fair. Dom deserved winners with some individual mistakes costing us. Can’t do that against opponents like that with plenty of quality. We got punished. 
Our main aim now is to focus on trying to get this league wrapped up. Games thick and fast now 

8 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

He did mate. It killed us. Felt we just edged the 1st half. Unlucky not to score tbh and going in at half time behind to a pen. 2nd half Luke got sent with in around 30 seconds of the re-start. Which was their 2nd penalty. I felt the initial contact was outside the box but the ref pointed to the spot. 
we conceded our 3rd with a miss kick from our keeper leaving the dom striker tapping into a empty net. 
we had a 20 min spell then after that we’re we put a lot of pressure on them and managed to get a goal from benno, a decent cross from cowboy. 
With us trying to chuck numbers forward, dom grabbed their 4th. It was a great end to end semi final to be fair. Dom deserved winners with some individual mistakes costing us. Can’t do that against opponents like that with plenty of quality. We got punished. 
Our main aim now is to focus on trying to get this league wrapped up. Games thick and fast now 

Sounds like fine margins mate. Same against us at Blazey two weeks ago by sounds of it cos our 2nd was a big error too and gave us that cushion. Cut them out and you're a good Step 7 side without being there. 

5 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Their linesman isn't usually JC now is it? It's another bloke. I know his name but no point naming him for abuse either, even if I lean towards agreeing. Either way don't need to use the forum for it, use the appropriate channels. 

From where I was stood in the dug out I couldn't see if miles was on or off side,the ref gave the off side as he did when our lino flagged liskeards strikers for being off side,onto the game we gave a good account of our selves and started quite brightly liskeard had chances as did we but with some last ditch tackles and way ward finishes we both went in at half time 0-0.

2 nd half

A mix up between a couple players meant the ball fell kindly to liskeards left winger who took a touch got it out of his feet n finished it with a low hard strike in to the corner their 2nd goal was an absolute peach,think the lads only 16 but he perfectly executed his strike that would of left a higher level keeper no chance tbh and their 3rd was late on when they had a good run down the left again was squared into the box n put away. Will mention how pleased I am with how my lads have played the past 3 games without a recognised keeper and the fact we've managed to keep our score lines respectively low,we haven't put out the same team I don't think for 2 games running but the new lads that have come in have stepped up to plate are doing themselves proud we still got 8 games left so hopefully pick up a few more points n give us a starting point for next season.

Well reffed by Alan Howells again and thanks to both linos for running the line,it's a shite job that nobody likes doing.

All the best to liskeard for the rest of the season.

44 minutes ago, The Badger said:

This Tom Harris from Wadebridge 1st team? 

what was newquay/st teath score?

Same Tom Harris yeah. And then last night he played for Torpoint First Team. 

No result in from Newquay vs St Teath yet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 0 St Stephen

Torpoint goalscorers: Robbins, Northcott.

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, Brown, Bartolini, Northcott, Warren, Ross, Robbins.

Subs: Rowe, Paine, Clarke, Halls, Quintrell.

With some key personnel unavailable, notably Easterbrook, I'm pretty pleased with the performance. Not to say we were brilliant, there's things to be critical about and higher gears I expect us to get to, but our first clean sheet in 11 games and some impressive individual performances last night I'm content with the positives too.

One thing I have hammered us for recently is poor prep and slow starts. So you can't blame me for missing our first goal! The warm up was much better, looked sharp, so maybe I myself should've been more alert from kick off. But as it happens 2mins into the game, myself and Osc were pumping up match balls in the dugout and we were 1-0 up 🤣

Apparently Byron scored a nice finish after being teed up by Cam Ross. Nice start. It didn't completely settle us and though I felt we posed a threat throughout, the final ball or off the ball movement wasn't quite there to capitalise on it. As the half wore on we slowly kept the ball for more passes or in better areas but too often either we lacked quality or were complacent and play fizzled out and it was frustrating to watch. The biggest threats we posed were our wide men in behind from Byron's intuition or 2nd balls into the channels but again not quite at the races. Easy to see and say on the side line but it's relatively simple stuff at any level. The biggest shining light from the whole game however was having a field day. Cam Ross on his 2nd full debut 5years since he last started for the 3rd team was working his socks off out on the right and was getting some real joy. Time and time again he was dominant against his larger counterpart but his speed and endeavour came out on top. Our 2nd goal was also provided by Cam, as a great ball in behind the left back was delivered low to the back post for Warren to side foot home from close range. However, it was chalked off for offside from the visiting linesman who was miles behind play, 10 yards + higher than Cam's starting position. I think he guessed to be honest, and I'm ok with that to a degree, it's human error. And I know the bloke and he is an honest guy and later on in the game proved just that. But at this time the official did go with the linesman and I understand that too, though I think he also recognised the error in the same breath. No harm done. HT finished 1-0, but we did create other shooting opportunities but mostly from 20yards or so, and a few dangerous corners delivered by Hussey and Robbins, one Pearce header in particular went close.

HT I was quite critical about the standards we want, quality and concentration, because they were all below the mark IMO. 60 seconds into the restart and we were 2-0 up. Cam Ross again the driving force took a decent touch inside on halfway and played a good pass in behind for the run of Northcott who had acres in front of him to lift the ball over the onrushing keeper from 20ish yards. Bit of a head loss for the keeper coming so far and made it slightly easier but you've still got to do the hard bit. More pressure followed but again we couldn't capitalise. The centre half who looked like a tall Mr Burns was composed and got in some decent interventions and Joe Stone in their midfield was annoying the hell out of me as his physicality won him far too many duels against our midfield. Around an hour I gave Chaz a rare break and took off the tiring Warren to add Rower's physicality and young Harvey Paine for his 2nd game in men's football. Both did well when they came on. Harv did make me gasp in hope at one point as he danced his way inside a tackle or two and let fly from 25yards which wasn't too far off target. He did look sharp and hopefully a sign of things to come for him before the season ends and long term. The next big chance was from another dangerous corner which wasn't cleared and a goal bound Bartolini strike was bravely blocked. Late in the game after 5 changes usually that disrupts the flow a bit, but the introductions were keen to impress too with some big games on the horizon. The big threat continued to come from little Ross and I lost count how many good crosses he put into the box, one low ball to the back post was whiskers away from Clarke getting a goal on his return from an injury setback. If he was 6ft8 rather than 6ft5 I think he'd have tucked it away. The next moment was the redeeming factor of the visiting linesman. Ross again being a nuisance sat down the full back and drove into the box and was scythed down for what both teams, an ageing shed and linesman thought was a stonewall pen. Referee strolling on halfway disagreed and waived away. Unusual to waive a penalty decision by a club linesman against his own team? But hey ho. 10 yards away vs 50. It was late in the game and didn't effect the result but would've been nice to get a 3rd and assuming it was scored a 3rd assist for Ross, a 4th if the earlier offside goal stood. Silly output really. FT 2-0.

Some positives to take for both sides I'd imagine. Can't speak for Doc but compare last night to our previous visit they were more robust, organised and defended well. I only recall Jackson being called into action once or twice but defensively they have improved, as their goals against stats show. For us, I now have some welcome headaches going into next week with 3 games in 6 days, the 3rd being the Evely Cup Final. So managing that schedule in the build up will be new to me and us collectively. But a welcome learning curve!

Good luck to St Stephen for the rest of their season. Onto next Tues where we welcome Liskeard Res. 

7 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Same Tom Harris yeah. And then last night he played for Torpoint First Team. 

No result in from Newquay vs St Teath yet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 0 St Stephen

Torpoint goalscorers: Robbins, Northcott.

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, Brown, Bartolini, Northcott, Warren, Ross, Robbins.

Subs: Rowe, Paine, Clarke, Halls, Quintrell.

With some key personnel unavailable, notably Easterbrook, I'm pretty pleased with the performance. Not to say we were brilliant, there's things to be critical about and higher gears I expect us to get to, but our first clean sheet in 11 games and some impressive individual performances last night I'm content with the positives too.

One thing I have hammered us for recently is poor prep and slow starts. So you can't blame me for missing our first goal! The warm up was much better, looked sharp, so maybe I myself should've been more alert from kick off. But as it happens 2mins into the game, myself and Osc were pumping up match balls in the dugout and we were 1-0 up 🤣

Apparently Byron scored a nice finish after being teed up by Cam Ross. Nice start. It didn't completely settle us and though I felt we posed a threat throughout, the final ball or off the ball movement wasn't quite there to capitalise on it. As the half wore on we slowly kept the ball for more passes or in better areas but too often either we lacked quality or were complacent and play fizzled out and it was frustrating to watch. The biggest threats we posed were our wide men in behind from Byron's intuition or 2nd balls into the channels but again not quite at the races. Easy to see and say on the side line but it's relatively simple stuff at any level. The biggest shining light from the whole game however was having a field day. Cam Ross on his 2nd full debut 5years since he last started for the 3rd team was working his socks off out on the right and was getting some real joy. Time and time again he was dominant against his larger counterpart but his speed and endeavour came out on top. Our 2nd goal was also provided by Cam, as a great ball in behind the left back was delivered low to the back post for Warren to side foot home from close range. However, it was chalked off for offside from the visiting linesman who was miles behind play, 10 yards + higher than Cam's starting position. I think he guessed to be honest, and I'm ok with that to a degree, it's human error. And I know the bloke and he is an honest guy and later on in the game proved just that. But at this time the official did go with the linesman and I understand that too, though I think he also recognised the error in the same breath. No harm done. HT finished 1-0, but we did create other shooting opportunities but mostly from 20yards or so, and a few dangerous corners delivered by Hussey and Robbins, one Pearce header in particular went close.

HT I was quite critical about the standards we want, quality and concentration, because they were all below the mark IMO. 60 seconds into the restart and we were 2-0 up. Cam Ross again the driving force took a decent touch inside on halfway and played a good pass in behind for the run of Northcott who had acres in front of him to lift the ball over the onrushing keeper from 20ish yards. Bit of a head loss for the keeper coming so far and made it slightly easier but you've still got to do the hard bit. More pressure followed but again we couldn't capitalise. The centre half who looked like a tall Mr Burns was composed and got in some decent interventions and Joe Stone in their midfield was annoying the hell out of me as his physicality won him far too many duels against our midfield. Around an hour I gave Chaz a rare break and took off the tiring Warren to add Rower's physicality and young Harvey Paine for his 2nd game in men's football. Both did well when they came on. Harv did make me gasp in hope at one point as he danced his way inside a tackle or two and let fly from 25yards which wasn't too far off target. He did look sharp and hopefully a sign of things to come for him before the season ends and long term. The next big chance was from another dangerous corner which wasn't cleared and a goal bound Bartolini strike was bravely blocked. Late in the game after 5 changes usually that disrupts the flow a bit, but the introductions were keen to impress too with some big games on the horizon. The big threat continued to come from little Ross and I lost count how many good crosses he put into the box, one low ball to the back post was whiskers away from Clarke getting a goal on his return from an injury setback. If he was 6ft8 rather than 6ft5 I think he'd have tucked it away. The next moment was the redeeming factor of the visiting linesman. Ross again being a nuisance sat down the full back and drove into the box and was scythed down for what both teams, an ageing shed and linesman thought was a stonewall pen. Referee strolling on halfway disagreed and waived away. Unusual to waive a penalty decision by a club linesman against his own team? But hey ho. 10 yards away vs 50. It was late in the game and didn't effect the result but would've been nice to get a 3rd and assuming it was scored a 3rd assist for Ross, a 4th if the earlier offside goal stood. Silly output really. FT 2-0.

Some positives to take for both sides I'd imagine. Can't speak for Doc but compare last night to our previous visit they were more robust, organised and defended well. I only recall Jackson being called into action once or twice but defensively they have improved, as their goals against stats show. For us, I now have some welcome headaches going into next week with 3 games in 6 days, the 3rd being the Evely Cup Final. So managing that schedule in the build up will be new to me and us collectively. But a welcome learning curve!

Good luck to St Stephen for the rest of their season. Onto next Tues where we welcome Liskeard Res. 

You might have to try and score inside your own half to score against that lot mind 🤣😜

On 20/04/2023 at 07:45, Foul Throw 3 said:

Full line up added now. Can't imagine playing against Tom Harris and Bobby Hopkinson was nice Grosey so from your comments it looks promising. Reckon you could climb off the bottom if you pick up some Ws in the 6 pointers you have remaining. 

If we didn't have points deducted for 2 no shows we'd be in a better position 😂,but yes we need to get a couple more wins to make our season that little bit more respectable,fingers crossed we start with Tuesday evening home to Roche otherwise I got Ozzy in my ear at vets on the Sunday after giving me grief 🤣🤣