Newton Abbot Spurs   1-2    Axminster Town

WEST     

Bodmin Town       1-2           Dobwalls

Callington Town   1-5           Wendron United

Mullion                2-3        Wadebridge Town

St Dennis             3-5     Liskeard Athletic

Sticker                  0-2         Newquay

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 15 April 2023

What a game i witnessed this afternoon at St Dennis lots of goals sending off ball clearly over the line had it all 

The talented Liskeard team turned up at St Dennis Liskeard went 1-0 up through a scramble in the St Dennis goal mouth then Liskeard goalie Luke Gwillian who didnt look fit to me let in 2 soft goals both by his own players St Dennis went 3-1 up with a absolute worldy from AIDEN JAMES worth the admission price alone to see a goal of such quality ball came over at waist high and Aiden hit i while falling given Luke in the Liskeard goal not  a hope in hell of stopping it reminded me of 1 of Mark Hughes goals .

HT 3-1 To St Dennis 

Liskeard came out a different team they play lovely football and they are a joy to watch Max Gilbert and Jarrod Woods what great players they  are but they did miss there Captain Fantasic Dylan Peel today the defence was all over the place at times .

JAMES Rowe pulled 1 back for Liskeard then they where back level from my MOM JARROD WOODS he was brilliant a magician with a football .

It then kicked off over something silly really the ball went out for a throw in to St Dennis ,Liskeards Max Gilbert decided to have some fun and not give the ball back but St Dennis manager was laughing and decided to get the ball himself i did not see him push anyone but ref saw different and sent him off them both teams came together and the ref just couldnt seem to cope anyone could see they just wanted to swap shirts .

Then it was the Dan Jennings show he hit a brilliant free kick which was clarly over the line but the linesman or ref said it wasnt well ref i was right in line and it was at least 2 ft behind the line when it came down off the crossbar .

Dan JENNINGS had th last word with a pen when a St Dennis player handled in the area bit harsh but you knew this ref was going to give it because he was stop go all afternoon in the match and liked being centre of attraction he wasnt a ref you didnt notice you couldnt mis this 1 .

DAN JENNINGS Put the pen away beating St Dennis goalie Ryan Holland 

Still time for another OG this time from St Dennis Final Score 3-5 What a game 

And Mark the CheeseBurger was lovely just wish i never got Chips as well . Lovely afternoon lovely people lovely ground StDennis are a fine team with some excellent players lead by the ex G player Josh Pope who had  a excellent game but your not my MOM for me its the young No2 ZACH BEST thought he was excellent and for Liskeard take m ypick from any of the Midfield players but has to be JARROD WOODS 1 player to watch for the future is HARRY JEFFRY on the wing so skillful but sometimes to greedy but a abundance of skill .

I still say Liskeard is the best football side i have seen all season They entertain you 

Was surprised the ref didnt come over and booked Smokie for sleeping near the touchline the ref did like his whistle today 

DSCN9092.JPG

St Dennis manager Jack Barbery only wanted the ball back but the ref decided to send him off 

DSCN8991.JPG

Liskeard manager Martin Hodge with his no1 fan Smokie Dog 

St Dennis 3-5 Liskeard

Quite a strange game of football today. However I think your justification on 2 of St Dennis goals are wrong and a bit unfair on the returning from injury young GK. Both Own Goals, of which one was put in over him by his defender after the whole ground could hear him shout, and the second one headed in by young Harry Jeffery from close range after a set piece leaving him no chance. everyone was in agreement just 2 freak own goals which happen in football.

I actually think considering a long lay off he played well and the 3 conceded he couldn’t have done much else. A firm second half showing also where he dealt with all put at him. I just think the first half was an uncharacteristic 45 from Liskeard 11 in which no one really played well which you don’t see very often but it happens in football.

However, they got it back to 5-3 second half after what must’ve been a grilling from the management, and 3 points were gained.

STICKER   0-2   NEWQUAY

ATT  115

REF   NEIL HUNNISETT  👏🏼👍

Lovely day, not too much wind, nice pitch for the players, competitive 1st half, with the hosts very well organised as you’d expect knowing Flacky & Rob like I do, Newquay playing some fantastic football, maybe even too much at times if there is such a thing? but Sticker having a few dangerous breaks with the best of them seeing Will Snapes good diving header well gathered out of the top corner by Harry Ashton in the visitors goal after 22 minutes. Newquay created plenty of half chances but nothing too much clear cut and the hosts probably deserved to go in level for all their 1st half effort and work rate.

The 2nd half was a totally different story altogether with the Peppermints producing a stream of one way traffic attacks and in the main admirably defended by the Yellow & Blues. Bradley Leivers was pinging in quality balls from the bottom left side all half and home keeper Ethan Elwell did brilliantly to tip a Jack Rapsey dipping header over the bar and keep out a Jared Sims shot with his legs. Jake Shaw hit a screamer just over, and Rapsey volleyed against the bar from another superb Leivers delivery whipped in, Cam Turner was spraying the ball all over Burngullow switching play with 40/50 yard diagonals and the visitors eventually broke the deadlock in the 71st minute predictably from a low Leivers cross turned into the bottom corner from 8 yards by Alex Cole playing his first game for about 6 weeks. 11 minutes later his fresh replacement Connor Wharton got down the right and his cross was partially cleared to Rhys Hooper 15 yards out and he blasted a low drive into the net to put a more realistic scoreline on proceedings although Sticker did rally and have a couple of half chances at the death with Ashton saving well from one and another blasted over the bar from close range.

Always a pleasure to watch a game at Sticker, got to congratulate the club the way they go about things, and brilliant to see some old friends there again today and catch up, one of the best things about being involved with Cornish football for 45 years!! An old bugger basically! Very well reffed by Neil Hunnisett, love the way he interacts and has a laugh with the players which I’m sure they appreciate as well. Crowd could have been a bit more actually, looked quite healthy, but I just did a head count around the 30 minute mark. Nice afternoon watching some lovely football, I’ll miss watching Newquay play after their last game at Bodmin next week. Hope the players and management all return to Mount Wise next season, been a pleasure to watch them. Enjoy Wimbledon and the athletics in the summer but you can’t beat a bit of bully (only joking, a bit of Cornish footy, roll on August) 👍👏🏼

St Dennis 3-5 Liskeard

Quite a strange game of football today.  2 Own Goals of which one was put in over the GK by his defender and the second one headed in by young Harry Jeffery from close range after a set piece leaving the GK no chance. 2 freak own goals which happen in football. The 3rd goal a worldie from Aiden James which was volleyed into the side netting.

I just think the first half was an uncharacteristic 45 from Liskeard 11 in which no one really played well which you don’t see very often but it happens in football. However, they got it back to 5-3 second half after what must’ve been a grilling from the management, and 3 points were gained. With a more ruthless approach from Liskeard and taken chances in the second half. St Dennis might rue missed chances on the counter with returning Luke Gwillam dealing with what was thrown at him. However Liskeard will see this as a lesson learned and good challenge to come back from the hole they were in at half time. 

Bodmin 1 Dobwalls 2

Lovely day for a visit to Bodmin where the pitch looked good from the terraces. Within 10 minutes Bodmin one up due to a smart header by Danny Zallick. Dobwalls equaliser finally coming from CJ Pritchard before half time in a fairly equal first half. In the second half, in my opinion Dobwalls had the better chances but failed to convert them. However finally in the closing minutes a good through ball by the Dobwalls substitute enabled Jake Anderson to slot the ball past the advancing Bodmin goalie. Still time for Bodmin to have an effort blocked on the line, however in a closely fought game Dobwalls went away with the three points. 

Interesting to see the Bodmin manager watching the game from outside the ground (presumably banned from being inside) and apparently messaging the Bodmin bench with various instructions. Good use of technology!!

Was you at the match today Brummy Barry this ref was stopping the game all afternoon and sending the St Dennis manager off was harsh . When i see a good ref i say so i have never seen Neil Hunnisett have  a bad match and i always say but you had to be at this match today he just never let the game flow and Dan JENNINGS shot miles over the line everyone saw it except the ref and linesman the ref had to go and ask the linesman if he saw anything and they both didnt and the pen he gave Liskeard the player had his hand by his side and the ball hit his hand and gave a pen .

Only 1 more game for me to criticise the officials Brummy Barry but i maybe back next year but dont know yet 

DSCN9128.JPG

MY MAN OF THE MATCH FOR LISKEARD JARROD WOODS WAS BRILLIANT ALL AFTERNOON WORTH THE ADMISSION PRICE ALONE JUST TO WATCH HIM PLAY OK THE CHEESEBURGER WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL AS WELL 

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

What a game i witnessed this afternoon at St Dennis lots of goals sending off ball clearly over the line had it all 

The talented Liskeard team turned up at St Dennis Liskeard went 1-0 up through a scramble in the St Dennis goal mouth then Liskeard goalie Luke Gwillian who didnt look fit to me let in 2 soft goals both by his own players St Dennis went 3-1 up with a absolute worldy from AIDEN JAMES worth the admission price alone to see a goal of such quality ball came over at waist high and Aiden hit i while falling given Luke in the Liskeard goal not  a hope in hell of stopping it reminded me of 1 of Mark Hughes goals .

HT 3-1 To St Dennis 

Liskeard came out a different team they play lovely football and they are a joy to watch Max Gilbert and Jarrod Woods what great players they  are but they did miss there Captain Fantasic Dylan Peel today the defence was all over the place at times .

JAMES Rowe pulled 1 back for Liskeard then they where back level from my MOM JARROD WOODS he was brilliant a magician with a football .

It then kicked off over something silly really the ball went out for a throw in to St Dennis ,Liskeards Max Gilbert decided to have some fun and not give the ball back but St Dennis manager was laughing and decided to get the ball himself i did not see him push anyone but ref saw different and sent him off them both teams came together and the ref just couldnt seem to cope anyone could see they just wanted to swap shirts .

Then it was the Dan Jennings show he hit a brilliant free kick which was clarly over the line but the linesman or ref said it wasnt well ref i was right in line and it was at least 2 ft behind the line when it came down off the crossbar .

Dan JENNINGS had th last word with a pen when a St Dennis player handled in the area bit harsh but you knew this ref was going to give it because he was stop go all afternoon in the match and liked being centre of attraction he wasnt a ref you didnt notice you couldnt mis this 1 .

And Mark the CheeseBurger was lovely just wish i never got Chips as well . Lovely afternoon lovely people lovely ground StDennis are a fine team with some excellent players lead by the ex G player Josh Pope who had  a excellent game but your not my MOM for me its the young No2 ZACH BEST thought he was excellent and for Liskeard take m ypick from any of the Midfield players but has to be JARROD WOODS 1 player to watch for the future is HARRY JEFFRY on the wing so skillful but sometimes to greedy but a abundance of skill .

I still say Liskeard is the best football side i have seen all season They entertain you 

Was surprised the ref didnt come over and booked Smokie for sleeping near the touchline the ref did like his whistle today 

DSCN9092.JPG

St Dennis manager Jack Barbery only wanted the ball back but the ref decided to send him off 

DSCN8991.JPG

Assuming in your photo Jack is outside of his technical area then the referee was 100% correct.

8B275D0B-9C20-44B2-9214-D1ACD2854238.jpeg

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

HT 3-1 To St Dennis 

DSCN9092.JPG

DSCN8991.JPG

It’s always good reading a report from neutral supporter, who give their honest opinion of the game. Keep it up.

On 15/04/2023 at 19:13, RAPPO said:

STICKER   0-2   NEWQUAY

ATT  115

REF   NEIL HUNNISETT  👏🏼👍

Lovely day, not too much wind, nice pitch for the players, competitive 1st half, with the hosts very well organised as you’d expect knowing Flacky & Rob like I do, Newquay playing some fantastic football, maybe even too much at times if there is such a thing? but Sticker having a few dangerous breaks with the best of them seeing Will Snapes good diving header well gathered out of the top corner by Harry Ashton in the visitors goal after 22 minutes. Newquay created plenty of half chances but nothing too much clear cut and the hosts probably deserved to go in level for all their 1st half effort and work rate.

The 2nd half was a totally different story altogether with the Peppermints producing a stream of one way traffic attacks and in the main admirably defended by the Yellow & Blues. Bradley Leivers was pinging in quality balls from the bottom left side all half and home keeper Ethan Elwell did brilliantly to tip a Jack Rapsey dipping header over the bar and keep out a Jared Sims shot with his legs. Jake Shaw hit a screamer just over, and Rapsey volleyed against the bar from another superb Leivers delivery whipped in, Cam Turner was spraying the ball all over Burngullow switching play with 40/50 yard diagonals and the visitors eventually broke the deadlock in the 71st minute predictably from a low Leivers cross turned into the bottom corner from 8 yards by Alex Cole playing his first game for about 6 weeks. 11 minutes later his fresh replacement Connor Wharton got down the right and his cross was partially cleared to Rhys Hooper 15 yards out and he blasted a low drive into the net to put a more realistic scoreline on proceedings although Sticker did rally and have a couple of half chances at the death with Ashton saving well from one and another blasted over the bar from close range.

Always a pleasure to watch a game at Sticker, got to congratulate the club the way they go about things, and brilliant to see some old friends there again today and catch up, one of the best things about being involved with Cornish football for 45 years!! An old bugger basically! Very well reffed by Neil Hunnisett, love the way he interacts and has a laugh with the players which I’m sure they appreciate as well. Crowd could have been a bit more actually, looked quite healthy, but I just did a head count around the 30 minute mark. Nice afternoon watching some lovely football, I’ll miss watching Newquay play after their last game at Bodmin next week. Hope the players and management all return to Mount Wise next season, been a pleasure to watch them. Enjoy Wimbledon and the athletics in the summer but you can’t beat a bit of bully (only joking, a bit of Cornish footy, roll on August) 👍👏🏼

Haven’t seen sticker in a while Rappo. How did there youngsters do namely Nancarrow , Chapman and Cooke. What are sticker missing as it’s not be a great season for the club ? 
Newquay ambitions for next year will certainly be high as they  have a young quality side.

On 15/04/2023 at 19:12, BrummyBarry said:

100% Cornish play a different tune its obvious you dont like refs but your constant love for slating them on here is growing tedious and boring 

Any match reports on here are purely someone's personal thoughts and views (always enjoy comparing the Twitter feeds from two clubs when a match is going on, sometimes makes you wonder if they are at the same game). As long as they're not offensive, you can say what you like. Personally, I always enjoy 100%'s posts about matches, while they are definitely his opinion (and others may disagree with what he says), they bring a bit of colour and personality to it.

I agree with every single word youve just said.100% is one of the only people that give an honest account of the game through his eyes and theres no doubt hes a committed football follower but I just feel banging on about refs in every post is becoming tedious especially after we are seeing more abuse aimed towards them often because they are easy pickings.its also because Ive watched games in duchy and Trelawney being reffed by parents and managers because there isnt enough refs.sorry if I seem like Im moaning

44 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

I agree with every single word youve just said.100% is one of the only people that give an honest account of the game through his eyes and theres no doubt hes a committed football follower but I just feel banging on about refs in every post is becoming tedious especially after we are seeing more abuse aimed towards them often because they are easy pickings.its also because Ive watched games in duchy and Trelawney being reffed by parents and managers because there isnt enough refs.sorry if I seem like Im moaning

Couldn't agree with you with more regarding referees. The game I was at last Saturday (Hayes v Parkway) , the officials weren't great, but then again quite a few of the players were poor with some of their decision making being questionable.  Guess who got more stick. 

I couldn't even dream of being a Peninsula League standard player, let alone a Southern Prem one and equally, I am nowhere near good enough to officiate at step 3 level (probably not at any level beyond the recreational game). Yet I, along, with many others, have this belief that we could do a better job than the officials when leaning on the railings.  I left the ground thinking, yet again, why would anybody put themselves through this? It must involve a real love of the game.

Just casting my mind back to the low point of the season, Bude v Blazey, and how quickly that has been forgotten. Suspect a few referees will remember it though when they're deciding whether to keep going for 2023/24.

50 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Just casting my mind back to the low point of the season, Bude v Blazey, and how quickly that has been forgotten. Suspect a few referees will remember it though when they're deciding whether to keep going for 2023/24.

I certainly haven’t forgotten it, amazed how light the punishment was from the Cornwall FA was. 

14 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

The FA!

Cornwall FA charged but it was an independent FA panel that heard and ruled on the case.

Missed reading about the punishment at the time (been out of the country for a while). £40 and a 3 match ban, £25 and a 1 match ban. That'll teach them a lesson they'll never forget..

5 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Missed reading about the punishment at the time (been out of the country for a while). £40 and a 3 match ban, £25 and a 1 match ban. That'll teach them a lesson they'll never forget..

Not disagreeing that the punishment was correct. But to blame Cornwall FA when lots of good is coming out of the county at the moment is unfair as they had no control over the punishments.

Thought Sticker were alright to be honest Thomas, very fit and competitive 1st half. Some good youngsters there as you say, apologies for not knowing too many of them, Chappers lad is a handful and quick and I’m sure he’ll get better and better the more games he plays at SWPL level. Flackys boy Alfie always catches the eye as well but a cracking club for any talented youngster to give it a go, sure Flacky & Rob will give them a chance. Ethan in goal very good on Saturday as well, kept it at 2-0, with probably 2/3 top saves. 

Yeah agree about Newquay, probably watched them about 12 times this season and came away about 9 of them thinking what a cracking young side they’ve got. 4/5 teenagers, 4/5 under 25, and 4/5 under 30 and brilliantly coached and managed so if they can all stick together I would expect them to be right amongst that top 3 for next season from what I’ve seen. I know a lot can happen in the summer months and I’m sure Liskeard, Wendron, and Wadebridge, will want to put the wrongs right by giving it another go, ambitious Bude, Dobwalls always punching above their weight, St.Austell a bit of a sleeping giant, along with Penzance, plus others so still be a good season to look forward to I think? Blazey worthy champs, looking forward to watching a few of their Western League games just down the road next season 👍👏🏼