Cornwall Football Forum

Game played in the sunshine in front of decent crowd.Plenty of noise coming from some of the travelling Penryn contingent who started their Easter weekend early in the clubhouse.Don’t want to be too harsh on the away team who despite the odds stacked against them managed to get through to the end of the season by putting a side together week in week out.Fair play to them all for that👏👏👏

Regarding the game it was one way traffic for the full 90 minutes  as visiting Tom Blewitt as captain leading his troops in to battle.But it couldn’t stop the flow with some good goals scored and approach play involving most players working up the pitch in the first half.Patience shown by Illogan when it would of been easy just to go front to back as early and often in pursuit of goals.No lack of effort or enthusiasm shown by Penryn who predictably tired as the game went on.

Only 4-0 at H-T and I imagine both teams happy at this stage.After the break an early sending off for Penryn Rob Gardener made the task of stopping the home team even harder.The goals started to come at more regular intervals although Penryn were unlucky not to get a consolation when a misplaced back pass went just wide before a good save from Alex Kemp parried back to a penryn player Brett Southeard who just failed to make contact. It was clear the majority of Penryn players were well out of their depth but they finished the game still with a smile on their faces which was good to see having taking a number of double digit beatings.Last 15 minutes saw Illogan over complicate play in and around the final third as a number of players made the wrong decisions but I’m sure will be more than happy overall .The young lad in goal age 16 on his debut and apparently from a well known Helston footballing family made some good saves and looks a decent prospect.

Having saved their St Pirans league status it will be interesting to see what next season brings for the Kernick Road outfit as a total rebuild of the first team will be needed

Illogan 10, Penryn 0

Can't argue with StarsandStripes's report.

Goals came in the 17th, 19th (pen), 36th, 40th, 49th, 55th, 59th, 64th, 74th and 90th+1 minutes.

All praise to the Penny players of all abilities on show today: those who are good enough for the St Piran league and could so easily go elsewhere but are staying faithful to the Club, and those not up to St Piran's standard who nevertheless turned out knowing they were in for a difficult time. Total respect. And the 'keeper is only sixteen? Well, what a prospect is all I can say. He saved as many as he let in and I didn't note down any of the goals as down to keeper error.

Best of luck to them for next season.