Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures Saturday 8th April

North Petherwin took chances well to be 3-0 up at ht vs Liskeard Res in what was a much tighter affair then the score suggested. The second half saw chances both ends with the visitors finishing the match very stongly and scoring twice. Finished 3-2 so the Badgers rightly delighted to get the 3 points against a very good travelling team.

Wadebridge 2nds v Looe Town 1st.

not a pretty game and not much to talk about to be fair. The one thing that did stand out is both are young teams and I’m sure if kept together, they’ll both become top teams with time.

goal - Joe Maywood

squad - Ryan Cooke, Dan Oliver, Billy Chamberlain, Joe Maywood, Kieran Hemming, Phil Kombostiotis, Matt Steed, Jack Woollett, Sol Phillips, Jacob Owen, Barny Stephenson. 
subs - George White, Josh Doney, Jordan Davies. Me (not used 😂). 

St Dennis 1 st teath 3

Quite a close game tbf all 3 goals scored by st teath in the first half whilst I was in goal their first was from a free kick which I was gonna come for then stopped n matey headed it down between my legs the second was deflected in off our defender's heel and their third was a well taken strike from the young lad cutting in from the wing n bending it round me,I did make a couple of saves so not all bad lol 

We pressed second half got a goal then another but was ruled out as the corner wasn't taken properly and st teath had a couple more chances but were offside.

Games like this when we're next to each other on points are massive and it's a real kick in the teeth when we can't get a keeper or at least have our own keeper because he can't behave himself 😭

Well reffed by the young lad who was clear with his decisions all game and let it flow where he could. 

All the best to st teath for the remaining of their season.

On 08/04/2023 at 18:49, Mongoose said:

North Petherwin took chances well to be 3-0 up at ht vs Liskeard Res in what was a much tighter affair then the score suggested. The second half saw chances both ends with the visitors finishing the match very stongly and scoring twice. Finished 3-2 so the Badgers rightly delighted to get the 3 points against a very good travelling team.

Yeah visitors started brightly and were the better team for first 10-15mins. 16 year old Alfie Rowland making his first start for us opened the scoring when skipper Joe Reeve sent him through, tidy finish as imagine his heart was pounding. Liskeard deciding to play a high line due to the wind then got caught from a long kick by keeper Tom Coles and Alex Williams got in behind to lob the approaching keeper. The 3rd came about 10 mins later when Williams got in behind again down the left and cut it back for Kev Hatch to get his 2nd of the season and make it 3-0 at the break.

Second half Liskeard really came at us and we found it difficult, we were very short due to the bank holiday only having 12 men and picking up knocks all over vs a Liskeard team who had the luxury of 3 subs and calling upon their 1st team. The Liskeard pressure finally paid off as reece wilmott pulled one back around the 70th minute.

From here we probably should have added another 2 goals but for decisions going against us,  first a very good penalty shout as Ben Sharpe was brought down in the box and the second a very dubious offside decision. Liskeard continued to rally and the very impressive Harry Jeffery pulled another back to make the last 5 + injury time interesting but we managed to hold on and secure a vital 3 points. 

on the whole a very good game of football which had a bit of everything and Liskeard played well!