Cornwall Football Forum

Rumours circling for next season.

I'd assume the likes of Olly Brokenshire, Martin Giles, Will Tinsley, Karl Marks etc would move on. All decent SWPL players but likely to be found wanting in the Western League.

Especially if the rumours of Krac heading to Blaise Park are true. There'll be a few new additions no doubt.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

I'd assume the likes of Olly Brokenshire, Martin Giles, Will Tinsley, Karl Marks etc would move on. All decent SWPL players but likely to be found wanting in the Western League.

Especially if the rumours of Krac heading to Blaise Park are true. There'll be a few new additions no doubt.

Eddy returning to was another I heard last night. Alot of it was to do with right people back at the club. Didn’t want to be doing the travel midweek away games. 

54 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

rumour is a fair few st dominic and gunnislake players will be moving to callington, if  the right manager is in place, talk at st dominic some players want to play at a step up ,who the right manager is, i have no clue!

St Dominic have applied for promotion to the Peninsula League themselves.

As the only side from the East to apply they only need to finish top 5 to be considered. And then spend a small fortune upgrading their village pitch (not sure how feasible this would be unless they relocated)

You'll be Western League next season. 

You'll have won 6 points by 10pm on the 12th and then go into the final game knowing you're champions.

I'll hold you to that. 😃

56 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Your winning being the dirtiest team in the league aswel. 🤣

No Europa league spot for fair play once again. 🙄

We ( St Dominick) have withdrawn our application for promotion to the peninsula league.

As you quite rightly state FootballChat it would cost a small fortune to get our facilities or anyone else’s at our level to the required standard!!

I don’t know who you are Tamar Man but you seem to know a lot more than I do about who is going to Callington next season. There are a lot of rumours floating around and that’s what they are rumours!
We have got a lot to play for yet this season 2 cup semi finals and still in with an outside chance of the title so worrying about next year and who is playing where can remains as rumours!!!!

26 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

Will the East’s SWPL spot now transfer to the West? 

That's a good question. The St Piran  East division is a massive bottle neck of reserve teams or sides nowhere near ready off the pitch. Who from that division could genuinely go up with some work? Maybe St Mawgan if they can apply for floodlights? The rest are either reserve sides required to keep a two league gap from their first team and the others are below the standard. 

2 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Will the East’s SWPL spot now transfer to the West? 

Extremely unlikely on two fronts Gary. 

1.  The promotion arrangements as detailed in league rules are for one from each St Piran division.

2.  Each of the St Piran divisions is a Feeder League in its own right and they are listed as such in the NLS Regulations.  If the FA were to allow the transfer of a promotion place across they would have to do so elsewhere and that could get really messy.

Seems a real shame to see 3 clubs in the West all ready and capable of stepping up to a league that's going to lose 3 teams this season (Penryn, Godolphin and the eventual champions). Only 1 allowed and the East can't muster up a suitable side do to a number of factors.

Maybe St Day or Mousehole could apply to move sideways to the East division for next season 😋

and the East can't muster up a suitable side do to a number of factors

Don't mean to sound negative, but isn't it a case that there will come a time when you run out of clubs wanting, or in a position, to take promotion. Down to finances, committee ambitions and player wishes!

4 hours ago, Ian Hunn said:

We ( St Dominick) have withdrawn our application for promotion to the peninsula league.

As you quite rightly state FootballChat it would cost a small fortune to get our facilities or anyone else’s at our level to the required standard!!

I don’t know who you are Tamar Man but you seem to know a lot more than I do about who is going to Callington next season. There are a lot of rumours floating around and that’s what they are rumours!
We have got a lot to play for yet this season 2 cup semi finals and still in with an outside chance of the title so worrying about next year and who is playing where can remains as rumours!!!!

oh i totally agree, it is just rumours! not sure if many would go to Callington to be honest, its not been run to well up there lately

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Don't mean to sound negative, but isn't it a case that there will come a time when you run out of clubs wanting, or in a position, to take promotion. Down to finances, committee ambitions and player wishes!

That time is nearly upon us. Most leagues have a stipulated minimum number of clubs to operate and clubs don't want to spend money on grounds.

Also the obvious reduction in clubs playing in Duchy & Trelawny is a clear sign.

Big headache for the FA on the horizon.

28 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not necessarily negative Dave.  It's a long understood reality that there are a finite number of clubs that are willing or able to progress to Step 6 or beyond.  This was acknowledged by the FA in the briefings and interviews when the reorganization that lead to the birth of the St Piran League was being progressed.  How soon we get to the point where all that can or want to progress have done so only time will tell and there are of course some variables such as relegations from the SWPL and the size of those divisions that will play a part in that process.  

Would have been interesting if 4 up and none down from SWPL(W) plus 1 up from StP(W) making 13. Lots of lateral movement or would the vacancies have been filled as in the last few years (assume not as now back to normal).

Always a fun time with all the power in the hands of the FA.

Although I think it’s always good to have a little prediction or rumours , personally guys I think we have to show a bit of respect esp with managers still insitu at clubs . Talking about managers coming in here or there with some still at the respected clubs is a bit disrespectful I feel . 

with the merger off with the Leagues let’s hope next season shows some normality and continued competitiveness :) 

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Football law usually kicks in, sooner or later some clubs are going to relegated.  Does happen unfortunately.

On 03/04/2023 at 22:21, FootballChat said:

St Dominic have applied for promotion to the Peninsula League themselves.

As the only side from the East to apply they only need to finish top 5 to be considered. And then spend a small fortune upgrading their village pitch (not sure how feasible this would be unless they relocated)

I doubt St Doms will meet ground grading requirements!

18 hours ago, tamar.man said:

oh i totally agree, it is just rumours! not sure if many would go to Callington to be honest, its not been run to well up there lately

Rumour is that the management team currently in place at Gunnislake are interested in the Callington role.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2023 at 14:42, Box 2 Box said:

I guess the other issue would be should Truro, Mousehole and St Day be promoted by the “FA” to the SWPL that would leave gaps in St Pirans west? How many combo teams would want to move up or meet the ground grading to move up? 

It wouldn’t surprise me if the FA did move “two” up from St Pirans west to balance the numbers (St Day the most deserving imo) but ultimately the FA would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

Maybe it would be morse sensible of the FA to support clubs like Goldophin to rejoin the pyramid, otherwise we will end up running out of clubs 🤣

St Day the most deserving? If Mousehole finish runners up, not that that’s in anyway decided yet, Truro, Mousehole and St Day all applied, Truro have won the league so fair play but I’m struggling to understand why St Day would be more deserving?

1 hour ago, Box 2 Box said:

Because as a club they have worked extremely hard to progress their club. They also have not had the luxury of being propped up by 1st team players during the season… 

it’s an opinion which is what football is all about … 

They have uses the occasional ringers multiple times tho... agree tho over the last few years...the work they have put in place..they deserve to go up if they want it.

So the talented Truro City Res need 1 point tmmrw vs Redruth to gain promotion hope they do go up because they are very talented well they should be with all the ex Godolphin players in the team like Dan Carne, Josh Marcellis , Jacob Grange , the 2 Lowrys Phil and Jamie so they do have a strong team not really fair on the young opposition they play most weekends bit like the Foxhole team they have so many good players and they are wasted in that division with any luck they may think about returning to play for St Dennis then they would have a stronger team next season .

I am off to St Dennis tmmrw to watch them play the very talented Liskeard team always look forward to having a chat with manager Martin Hodge lovely bloke .

Im in bloody agony at the moment i thought it was Arthritis i had but the blood tests have come back and its something called FIBROMYAGIA  never heard of it sounds like a Dinosaur to me i do know it hurts like hell and theres no cure so better make the most of watching the local footy that i love while i can still move ,bit of a bugger really 1 thing after another 

I will bring my Pitch fork tmmrw Dave  The Foxhole faithful they have got a really good team there ,just hope St Dennis give a good account of themselves tmmrw .

See you tmmrw looking forward to those lovely chips that are served there think i may indulge in a Cheeseburger as well i heard Rappo praising them up and a connosseur such as Mark Rapsey giving his view you cant get a better reccomendation than that .

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I will bring my Pitch fork tmmrw Dave  The Foxhole faithful they have got a really good team there ,just hope St Dennis give a good account of themselves tmmrw .

See you tmmrw looking forward to those lovely chips that are served there think i may indulge in a Cheeseburger as well i heard Rappo praising them up and a connosseur such as Mark Rapsey giving his view you cant get a better reccomendation than that .

Caths food is superb mate u won't find much better at a local ground and it's very well priced,see u tomorrow hopefully the weather improves otherwise I'll get soaking wet on the gate lol

Going to be lovely tmmrw Dave i have arranged for the sun to be shining on St Dennis all day only trouble is i think it will be raining Goals i got it down for 8-0 but hope St Dennis players proof me wrong .

Love going to St Dennis and Smokie loves it as well plenty of places for him to walk around last  year he hurt his paw there on a metal post behind the goal but he was fine but now hes blind in 1 eye he struggles a bit 

13 hours ago, Box 2 Box said:

Because as a club they have worked extremely hard to progress their club. They also have not had the luxury of being propped up by 1st team players during the season… 

it’s an opinion which is what football is all about … 

I’m in no way slating St Day, they are doing a superb job and fully deserve to go up if their position at end of season is high enough. I do question you knowledge though lol, are you sure no higher players have helped their cause during the course of the season 🤔🤔.

Watched St.Dennis v Sticker a couple weeks ago and had a bacon bap for a change Steve which was nice as well but the bloke next to me had a cheeseburger and I was devastated when that came out!! It was lush mate!! I won’t make that mistake again!!! Go for the cheeseburger & chips with a nice cup of tea! You won’t regret it mate!! 👍👏🏼👌👊🏼😀

Rumours flying round that Brummy Barry from Solihull is out of retirement after hearing some of the money flying around.i could even sign for clubs in Trelawney league apparently.oh I did have a sweet left foot back In the day til my knees got taken away from me. I remember scoring one goal against Marston Green in 93, left foot right into the top left corner. I celebrated like I'd won the world cup. Stupid lino flagged for offside but I won't let that get in the way if a god story

On 14/04/2023 at 10:05, 100%cornish said:

So the talented Truro City Res need 1 point tmmrw vs Redruth to gain promotion hope they do go up because they are very talented well they should be with all the ex Godolphin players in the team like Dan Carne, Josh Marcellis , Jacob Grange , the 2 Lowrys Phil and Jamie so they do have a strong team not really fair on the young opposition they play most weekends bit like the Foxhole team they have so many good players and they are wasted in that division with any luck they may think about returning to play for St Dennis then they would have a stronger team next season .

I am off to St Dennis tmmrw to watch them play the very talented Liskeard team always look forward to having a chat with manager Martin Hodge lovely bloke .

Im in bloody agony at the moment i thought it was Arthritis i had but the blood tests have come back and its something called FIBROMYAGIA  never heard of it sounds like a Dinosaur to me i do know it hurts like hell and theres no cure so better make the most of watching the local footy that i love while i can still move ,bit of a bugger really 1 thing after another 

Sorry to hear about your fybromyalgia,  majority of cases are women for some reason , so you are in a bonus group,  people ask or see what it is and say oh I get pain , or aches , lol , fatigue ( chronic) pain excruciating any part of the body , fluctuations of body temp , simple tasks can become out of reach , fybro fog not being able to understand simple instructions,  or trouble with getting words out or in the wrong order , anxiety,  unable to concentrate,  sleep for hours then feel like you haven't slept for a week , I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy  , yes no cure , no they still dont know if its nerve damage , brain impules ect ect , it will take a long time to get the right pain medication to help , it doesnt completely take it away , oh yes I have it , there are a couple of very helpful Facebook groups  West Cornwall  fybromyalgia  and Cornwall fybromyalgia  ,  I thought I had the start of dementia,  I have had pain for years , including when I was still doing the line could hardly move the day after , went to the Doctor loads of times , luckily one day a locum was in checked my notes said this has been going g on to long got me an appointment at rheumatology,  and got my diagnosis,  i was the same as you didn't have a clue , good luck , there is plenty of support but unless you have a doctor clued up on it dont expect much from them , just keep badgering,  to get the treatment you need , you can PM but i dont come on here very often , Ps I'm on 15 painkillers a day , lol i rattle . 

Interesting to read about the Gunnislake rumours and their current management heading to Callington. As it stands they are well below the level  ready to make the step up to the next level. After watching St Mawgan most of the season, St Dominic and Saltash Borough are by the far the best teams in the league. Very confused on some people thoughts on Cornish football.

15 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Gunnislake are in 4th. If they get 4 pts from their last 2 games they'll go 3rd. 

Bude finished 4th last season and managed to do pretty well at the next level. The gap between levels isn't as big people think. 

Think you need to have alook at the teamsheets from last season - this season. Bude have a completely different side now😂 

Thankyou Stevie B about wishing me well with this Fibromyaligia the drs has put on Steroids for that and it does ease the pain and i hope i get muscles like the Rock but with my luck i will end up with Boobs 

Sorry Stevie B i beat you by 1 in the tablets count i take 16 a day for my high Bp Prostate problem ,Kidney Cancer i had only got 1 Kidney and thats got to be looked after also tablets for Arthritis in my knee so we both can rattle together . 

Onto the footy i have heard 7 Blazey players will be moving and majority up the road to St Austell and a couple maybe coming to Newquay that would be nice .

So now we wait for the Pre  Season matches seems like a lifetime away  hope theres some good ones top of my list would be to see the full Plymouth Argyle team in Cornwall and not a load of schoolboys