Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 4th April 2023

St Day 4, Helston Ath 1

Enjoyable game to watch. St Day came back well after going a goal down very early on and by half-time were 2-1 up.

Five minutes into the second half the home side were 3-1 and proceeded to frustrate their visitors with a combination of some stubborn, down to earth, defending and some wayward Helston finishing.

On 78 minutes a St Day sub, who hadn't been on very long, lobs a helpless Barry Hennesy to ensure the win.

With the light going, according to my watch the ref blew up about 90 seconds early, having not allowed for any added on time, but to be fair it wasn't going to make any difference to the eventual outcome.

Also good to see Luke Johnson come on and hasn't lost any of his pace! 

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 4th April 2023

Rosudgeon 3-4 Praze

What a game.

1-0 down in the first ten minutes, then dominated the next 60 turning it around to 4-1, then the home side pulled two back to give us a shake up towards the end. Some great football played in areas for both teams today. The Penzance boys dropping down to help out made the difference to the oxen but unfortunately couldn’t find that final push to sneak a point. Canaries take the points and regain top spot for probably only a short interim. 
Good news seeing Helston losing, could do with a few more in our favour in the sprint finish to the title! 

2 to go.

Alex Zam

JP

Housey

On 04/04/2023 at 21:49, ArseneWanger said:

Rosudgeon 3-4 Praze

What a game.

1-0 down in the first ten minutes, then dominated the next 60 turning it around to 4-1, then the home side pulled two back to give us a shake up towards the end. Some great football played in areas for both teams today. The Penzance boys dropping down to help out made the difference to the oxen but unfortunately couldn’t find that final push to sneak a point. Canaries take the points and regain top spot for probably only a short interim. 
Good news seeing Helston losing, could do with a few more in our favour in the sprint finish to the title! 

2 to go.

Alex Zam

JP

Housey

‘The Penzance boys that dropped down’…

Cameron Searle and Daniel Bray play for you boys every week? Also don’t forget the times this season you’ve had Barrie from Illogan, Kyle Marks from Blazey, Ed Timmons from St Austell playing etc.

Don't try and get all high and mighty like you’ve never dropped ringers in 😂

3 hours ago, The Tinner said:

‘The Penzance boys that dropped down’…

Cameron Searle and Daniel Bray play for you boys every week? Also don’t forget the times this season you’ve had Barrie from Illogan, Kyle Marks from Blazey, Ed Timmons from St Austell playing etc.

Don't try and get all high and mighty like you’ve never dropped ringers in 😂

Both signed on full time Joe 👌😃

2 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Both signed on full time Joe 👌😃

‘Full time’ - you’ve only got 2 more games left! 😅

You’ve managed to play 20 odd games without them (and done very well may I add), but I don’t think you can argue that they aren’t ringers.

Either don’t mention the other team doing it or have the grace to accept you’re just as bad!

2 hours ago, The Tinner said:

‘Full time’ - you’ve only got 2 more games left! 😅

You’ve managed to play 20 odd games without them (and done very well may I add), but I don’t think you can argue that they aren’t ringers.

Either don’t mention the other team doing it or have the grace to accept you’re just as bad!

Not sure I get the point of your post to be honest, I wasn’t complaining they dropped 3 in… we all knew they were Penzance players and so what, they did make a difference to that side on the night 😂 we’ve brought in ringers as well this season.. guess what, so what 😂 

And besides we’re all not that lucky to have half a side which is capable of challenging for st pirans… and before you get high and  mighty I’m not talking about you in that 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, ArseneWanger said:

Not sure I get the point of your post to be honest, I wasn’t complaining they dropped 3 in… we all knew they were Penzance players and so what, they did make a difference to that side on the night 😂 we’ve brought in ringers as well this season.. guess what, so what 😂 

And besides we’re all not that lucky to have half a side which is capable of challenging for st pirans… and before you get high and  mighty I’m not talking about you in that 🤦‍♂️

Just don’t see why you mentioned it. Did you think everyone would go ‘well done Adam, you beat them even though they had Penzance players in’? Why didn’t you say in your report you have higher league’d players ‘signed on full time’ now, or doesn’t that fit in with your us vs the world write up?

Us St Justers couldn’t beat a Rosudgeon side that had no ringers in, so not sure what you’re on about regarding us. Just local players playing for their local club, some you win some you lose. Maybe I should’ve taken Rodney up on those Hellenic League Premier players - they could’ve played instead of me and we may have won!

8 minutes ago, The Tinner said:

Just don’t see why you mentioned it. Did you think everyone would go ‘well done Adam, you beat them even though they had Penzance players in’? Why didn’t you say in your report you have higher league’d players ‘signed on full time’ now, or doesn’t that fit in with your us vs the world write up?

Us St Justers couldn’t beat a Rosudgeon side that had no ringers in, so not sure what you’re on about regarding us. Just local players playing for their local club, some you win some you lose. Maybe I should’ve taken Rodney up on those Hellenic League Premier players - they could’ve played instead of me and we may have won!

Well, there's a thing ! There am I just quietly watching Swindon Supermarine playing Bracknell and this website is still on about me ! Now St Just and Praze have commented, I expect the football authorities from Birmingham, Helston and Penzance will have to take this whole thread down ! It hasn't even mentioned a League Hofficer by name, either ! Nice to see the TINNERS are allowed to play again soon after four weeks without a game. Well done to Mawnan for going top. And good luck to Pendeen against St Blazey tomorrow ! I understand it's now too late to bring down the Brimscombe squad for an April holiday in Cornwall ! One of their cottages would have been over Trewellard, so they could have worn gold instead of green ! Never mind, it's bye-bye to the dear old Combo and it's dear old hofficers soon. Tutty-bye, Sooty and Sweep, tutty-bye !

8 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

What’s all the fuss about? 
the league won’t exist next year anyway due to “another” restructure of Cornish football, all teams use “ringers” that they have at their disposal which is within the rules anyway! I propose teams just get on with it and halt all the farcical nonsense.

Especially Penzance ringers ! The football equivalent of the Wagner Group in international warfare...and nearly as popular. Still, I do have some sympathy with the players,  deserting the 'Pies because they want to play for a better standard  club.

Just now, isaac rosenberg said:

Especially Penzance ringers ! The football equivalent of the Wagner Group in international warfare...and nearly as popular. Still, I do have some sympathy with the players,  deserting the 'Pies because they want to play for a better standard  club.

And by the way, St Just are using no ringers whatsoever this season. Not even from Gloucestershire. I'm just an occasional holiday home occupier.

19 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

And by the way, St Just are using no ringers whatsoever this season. Not even from Gloucestershire. I'm just an occasional holiday home occupier.

Mikey Flores a regular then?