Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday April 1st 2023

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday April 1st 2023

Great performance by the seagulls yesterday. Shepton Mallet absolute credit on and off the field, great team paly the right way and more important the all act the right way, great support as well more that welcome at Trungle any time. Our boys now wove on to Tuesday night lets hope for the same, gonna be a massive run in to the season, well done boys really proud of you all

Mousehole 2, Shepton Mallet 0

The original intention was to visit Saltash for the first time this season, but with that game being called off, it gave me the chance to visit Mousehole again.

First priority is to always get a pasty and then the line-ups which are displayed on the wall beside the side clubhouse entry.

Decided to venture around to the far side of the pitch to watch, a little breezy and when the rain came, had to take shelter near the old dugouts but nevertheless a decent view of the whole pitch.

The wind was going to make it tricky as expected and the game was heading towards a goalless first 45 minutes until the Shepton keeper failed to cleanly grab the ball on the edge of his penalty area and when the ball fell invitingly at the feet of  Mark Goldsworthy, he almost apologetically knocked it in to an empty goal to take Mousehole one up at the break!

Mousehole played with the wind much better in the second half  than their opponents had for the previous half but nevertheless that elusive goal to make the three points safe was a long time arriving. They were always in control but that second goal would have no doubt always been welcome!

Eventually it came, late on from one of their subs Josh Bissett. I don’t know that much about Josh, but he looks a tidy young footballer which he confirmed with a nicely taken goal.

So another win for Mousehole which moves them to within two points of leaders Saltash with two games in hand.

Pitch held up very well considering the rain this week. Crowd of 282 I think.

I would imagine the only down side for Mousehole would be the injury to Goldy.

A double whammy for the striker really as I’m sure he would agree he made a mess of a header, landed awkwardly and was immediately in severe pain because of a dislocated shoulder! Let’s hope it doesn’t keep him out for too long.C0D74F6A-FB1B-4B4D-945A-130EA96F25D3.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Mousehole 2, Shepton Mallet 0

The original intention was to visit Saltash for the first time this season, but with that game being called off, it gave me the chance to visit Mousehole again.

First priority is to always get a pasty and then the line-ups which are displayed on the wall beside the side clubhouse entry.

Decided to venture around to the far side of the pitch to watch, a little breezy and when the rain came, had to take shelter near the old dugouts but nevertheless a decent view of the whole pitch.

The wind was going to make it tricky as expected and the game was heading towards a goalless first 45 minutes until the Shepton keeper failed to cleanly grab the ball on the edge of his penalty area and when the ball fell invitingly at the feet of  Mark Goldsworthy, he almost apologetically knocked it in to an empty goal to take Mousehole one up at the break!

Mousehole played with the wind much better in the second half  than their opponents had for the previous half but nevertheless that elusive goal to make the three points safe was a long time arriving. They were always in control but that second goal would have no doubt always been welcome!

Eventually it came, late on from one of their subs Josh Bissett. I don’t know that much about Josh, but he looks a tidy young footballer which he confirmed with a nicely taken goal.

So another win for Mousehole which moves them to within two points of leaders Saltash with two games in hand.

Pitch held up very well considering the rain this week. Crowd of 282 I think.

I would imagine the only down side for Mousehole would be the injury to Goldy.

A double whammy for the striker really as I’m sure he would agree he made a mess of a header, landed awkwardly and was immediately in severe pain because of a dislocated shoulder! Let’s hope it doesn’t keep him out for too long.C0D74F6A-FB1B-4B4D-945A-130EA96F25D3.jpeg

Believe that Josh Bissett is ex of Hartpury Uni, and has appeared a couple of times for Exmouth Town in Southern League Div 1 this season.  Just the calibre of player that Jake Ash will be looking to bring in for Step 4 football next season (should they achieve it).

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Believe that Josh Bissett is ex of Hartpury Uni, and has appeared a couple of times for Exmouth Town in Southern League Div 1 this season.  Just the calibre of player that Jake Ash will be looking to bring in for Step 4 football next season (should they achieve it).

The will achieve it ! Saltash can’t go up 💰 

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

helluva talent!....easily capable at step 4. he genuinely looks like he's having the time of his life when he's on the pitch.

defo a player to keep an eye out for- he scored the winner when he made his debut as a sub too.

15 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Rocky, you do seem to have a thing for Saltash.

Not at all, they announced they are not taking promotion and winning the league will effectively mean relegation ? It’s been on the forum a few times and is the reason Shane Krac left.

It will be interesting to see what happens but they will probably be runners up anyway

9 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Not at all, they announced they are not taking promotion and winning the league will effectively mean relegation ? It’s been on the forum a few times and is the reason Shane Krac left.

It will be interesting to see what happens but they will probably be runners up anyway

The deadlines have all passed.

Make of that what you will… 

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

You’ll have to explain more as most of us don’t know what you are getting at! 

Rule 16…. 🤭 the one that carries a £2500 fine. 

The only emails I sent to league last week and weeks before were about Saturdays P-P, rearrangement last night and about the league dinner. 

Clearer now? 

13 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Rule 16…. 🤭 the one that carries a £2500 fine. 

The only emails I sent to league last week and weeks before were about Saturdays P-P, rearrangement last night and about the league dinner. 

Clearer now? 

No !! Not a clue what you are talking about ?? Are you going to go up is what we want to know ????????

Deadline means nothing to us mere mortals !! 

8 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

No !! Not a clue what you are talking about ?? Are you going to go up is what we want to know ????????

Deadline means nothing to us mere mortals !! 

Rule 16 is regarding resigning from the Western League (and applies to all step 5/6 clubs) and must be done by 31st March.

Go up? By my thoughts I’d say we’ve still got between the top 2 a minimum of over 810 mins of football to play….

Therefore I ain’t Septic Peg… but I can confirm the winner of the lottery this Saturday will be a man……or a woman..🤭😅

5 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Rule 16 is regarding resigning from the Western League (and applies to all step 5/6 clubs) and must be done by 31st March.

Go up? By my thoughts I’d say we’ve still got between the top 2 a minimum of over 810 mins of football to play….

Therefore I ain’t Septic Peg… but I can confirm the winner of the lottery this Saturday will be a man……or a woman..🤭😅

Don't think anybody mentioned resigning from the league. Wouldn't have to anyway if you win it then refused to go up as demotion to step 6 would be automatically applied. 

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

@Philheybrookbay can you just give people what they want - a straight answer.

IF Saltash win the league or their playoff game and earn promotion to the Southern League, will they take it or refuse it?

The sensible choice would be to take it, and if ground improvement isn't an option, then on 31/03/2024 fail inspection and be demoted back down to TWL.

Much less harsh than instant demotion. IMHO

17 hours ago, FootballChat said:

@Philheybrookbay can you just give people what they want - a straight answer.

IF Saltash win the league or their playoff game and earn promotion to the Southern League, will they take it or refuse it?

With respect I can’t.  Simply put Saltash United is like most Cornish Clubs run on a committee base and whilst I know my own feelings (and if you’d been in the club Tuesday night you’d know my thoughts very clearly 🙂) . But my thoughts are one person and not the whole committee. 

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

With respect I can’t.  Simply put Saltash United is like most Cornish Clubs run on a committee base and whilst I know my own feelings (and if you’d been in the club Tuesday night you’d know my thoughts very clearly 🙂) . But my thoughts are one person and not the whole committee. 

So are you saying the club's committee have come to a decision but its for the club to publicly reveal it, or the club's committee are still to decide?