Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures Saturday 1st April

Saturday's fixtures, all 14:30KOs, very weather dependant! But we do have a busy schedule.

Foxhole Stars vs Wadebridge Town Reserves

Looe Town vs Torpoint Athletic 3rds

North Petherwin vs St Blazey Reserves

Roche vs St Columb Major

St Minver vs St Dennis Reserves

St Stephen vs Liskeard Athletic Reserves

St Teath vs St Newlyn East

49 minutes ago, Viva la Roche said:

They fielded to many senior players, I don’t really know what score we will be given?

I must be way behind the times, isn't the ECPL senior anymore?

That must be a pain in the back side, keep having to reinstate you own club players...

Don't tell me you cannot reinstate?

55 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Is it because they know they’re going lose I wonder? Any serious thoughts on this situation?

It seems in today's game most players are cowards and have no bottle when they have to play against the best. I couldn't wait too test myself against the best  sides personally. Football is played by big softies today! 

Who ever the Liskard Lino is, needs to be looked at, sometimes as a limo u give 50/50 decisions, but it wasn’t even that St Stephens striker 5 yards behind and the flag goes up, then proceeds to have a cry to who ever questions him… embarrassing really, to make it worse thought fielding have of the first team against us was a honest mistake😂 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

But why call it off so late?

Could be many reasons Dave,IV been there twice this season myself,u literally cannot control someone else's actions as to why they can't make it,we tried to get  any player in so we didn't let the opposite team down but no one was interested,just a sign of the times unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Viva la Roche said:

Who ever the Liskard Lino is, needs to be looked at, sometimes as a limo u give 50/50 decisions, but it wasn’t even that St Stephens striker 5 yards behind and the flag goes up, then proceeds to have a cry to who ever questions him… embarrassing really, to make it worse thought fielding have of the first team against us was a honest mistake😂 

Noticed this when I have saw them play a few times earlier in the season. Its embarrassing when it's so clearly onside. 

On 01/04/2023 at 09:40, Viva la Roche said:

They fielded to many senior players, I don’t really know what score we will be given?

Ok.. a tad confused as Liskeard now NOT been docked points for this cheating? So they had 1pt from the original draw and are now only going to have lost that point? And yet clubs that have had to not fulfill a fixture due to player shortages in a struggling season have been docked 3 points ???  In one case twice….Cannot see how this is fair treatment by the league….

21 hours ago, Viva la Roche said:

Not sure who the assistant was but when I have reffed Liskeard he was probably the best club assistant I have had.

3 hours ago, Finesman10 said:

Ok.. a tad confused as Liskeard now NOT been docked points for this cheating? So they had 1pt from the original draw and are now only going to have lost that point? And yet clubs that have had to not fulfill a fixture due to player shortages in a struggling season have been docked 3 points ???  In one case twice….Cannot see how this is fair treatment by the league….

The league can only deduct the points from the game, can’t deduct further points and also add points to opposition.

3 hours ago, Finesman10 said:

And had monetary fines as well 

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

The league can only deduct the points from the game, can’t deduct further points and also add points to opposition.

Rule 18m - mandatory FA Rule:

m.   i.     Subject to Rule 18m(ii), any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a Competition Match or Matches where points are awarded shall have the points gained from that Competition Match deducted from its record, up to a maximum of 12 points, and have levied upon it a fine in accordance with the Fines Tariff.

ii.    The Management Committee may vary the sanction as relates to the deduction of points set out at Rule 18m(i) only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure        to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player’s status.

iii.   Where a Club is found to have played an ineligible Player in accordance with Rule 18m(i) above, the Management Committee may also, at its discretion:

a.    Award the points available in the Competition Match in question to the opponents, subject to the Competition Match not being ordered to be replayed; or

b.    Levy penalty points against the Club in default; or

c.    Order that such Competition Match or Matches be replayed (on such terms as are decided by the Management Committee).

It would have been much simpler for all if Liskeard had just turned up with their normal ECPL squad...and if they only had 1 or 2 subs, then so be it...we've done it more than once this season to fulfil a fixture. Agree with Dave Grose, it's harsh on a club to be fined and have 3 points deducted for player shortage...yet turning up to a game knowing you are at risk of bending the rules by loading up with higher league players is a lesser 'crime'? 

Seems there’s quite a few clubs using higher league players atm. Am sure it will only get worse as SWPL games finish and not just within the same club thanks to multi club signings which makes a bit of a mockery of the league places. Torpoint benefitting from a couple of Western League players recently as a prime example!!! 

Like Wadebridge Reserves yesterday, due to the Argyle final at Wembley we had multiple players unavailable and only 10 players available, so we bolstered our squad with 2 from our 1st team, 2 from our 4th team & 2 from our u16s. All signed on for one club under the same badge how it should be done. Not too dissimilar to Liskeard. Admittedly they've dropped the ball here but it's a very ambiguous rule. 

7 minutes ago, St George said:

Seems there’s quite a few clubs using higher league players atm. Am sure it will only get worse as SWPL games finish and not just within the same club thanks to multi club signings which makes a bit of a mockery of the league places. Torpoint benefitting from a couple of Western League players recently as a prime example!!! 

It’s how good clubs are ran… everyone cries when higher league players play yet nothing is said about the under 16s that have been playing for clubs recently. 

1 hour ago, Viva la Roche said:

loading up with higher league players

Ok Liskeard obviously fell foul of the rules and were rightly punished but really - "overloading"? 

Finnley Bartlett, William Gilbert, Ethan Gwillam, Daniel Hinks, Bobby Hopkinson, Jack Libby, Jack Podmore, Liam Raglan, Kyle Tamblyn, Jarrad Woods, Anthony Powell, Coen Briggs, Connor McCarthy, Aaron Saunders

3 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Hi Steve,

So leagues can deduct points gained in that game, then either

award to opponents OR

deduct further points OR

replay game?

But from the rules you quoted only the points deducted and then either points awarded or further deduction but not both as was asked above?

The minute you see the word 'shall' in a rule that is what happens so if a club is charged under 18m and plead/are found guilty then they will be fined and lose any points they gained from the fixture.  There is no option on this.

After that every league will have its own baseline policy but will take each case on its merits and consider any mitigating or aggravating circumstances before deciding which one of the options at 18m(iii) to take.  Only one of the options can be taken. Equally it may be decided not to take any. 

Goals cannot be added or taken away from the result as it is a matter of fact that they were scored just as it was a matter of fact that an ineligible player played.

10 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Like Wadebridge Reserves yesterday, due to the Argyle final at Wembley we had multiple players unavailable and only 10 players available, so we bolstered our squad with 2 from our 1st team, 2 from our 4th team & 2 from our u16s. All signed on for one club under the same badge how it should be done. Not too dissimilar to Liskeard. Admittedly they've dropped the ball here but it's a very ambiguous rule. 

Wow.. so you play 2 western league regulars… bypassing your st Piran… and putting them in to play LOOE… no disrespect to looe It’s a joke … play your Pirans and add from your 4ths ans u16 by all means .. but western league regulars? Come on 

9 hours ago, Finesman10 said:

Wow.. so you play 2 western league regulars… bypassing your st Piran… and putting them in to play LOOE… no disrespect to looe It’s a joke … play your Pirans and add from your 4ths ans u16 by all means .. but western league regulars? Come on 

Cal doesn’t have to justify his squad selection to anyone, especially someone hiding behind a name👍 we (st piran) had a fixture and so did the first team untill Friday pm so as you can imagine squads were sorted and gaps were filled late (as in Saturday morning late) but seeing as you know how to run a club properly why don’t you lend a hand at one? 

Looe Town 1 - 5 Torpoint Athletic 

Torpoint goalscorers: Hird x3, Hicks, Paine.

Lineup: Pacey, Bark, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, WhiteS, Bartolini, Brown, Hird, Warren, Hicks.

Subs: Ross, Rowe, Clarke, Paine, Halls.

Leading up to the fixture my main worry was having a 10 man squad available due to Argyle and injuries, but with postponements within the club, we had a strong 16. The second worry was the weather. Not much calls Looe off but on that cliff edge it's exposed to the elements and you need to be smart to not let it affect your game and the result. Despite some heavy showers during the warm up, it passed quickly and it turned out to be an alright day. The surface was good despite the weather we've had, and encouraged a slick passing game for both sides. There will be far worse surfaces at Step 5 & 6 locally so credit to Boxy and Looe for that alone. Also nice to see some other improvements to the facilities, with new dugouts, club house in use for hot drinks and other tweaks to the changing room all new to me since my last visit 2 seasons ago.

We started slowly again. Looe were in front within the first few mins and the first attack. Shooting up the slope Looe won an early corner on the left and the inswinger was met by Philips to guide his header in for 1-0 to the home side. Oh great it's going to be one of those days! Fortunately it wasn't a catalyst to a collapse and we weathered a couple more attacks and began to build some of our own. Looe were impressive in the first half and carved out some decent attacks, including one which hit the woodwork. But we ourselves started to gain some traction down the slope. About 25mins in we changed shape and sacrificed a midfielder to have four attackers introducing a rejuvenated Cam Ross after a break from the game. His willing running alongside the other three forwards began to cause some real threat and final balls aside we were looking dangerous. 

The inevitable equaliser came from a good through ball by my man of the match Chaz Brown, who slid in Gaz Hird who raced away down the left hand channel and his low effort snuck under the keeper for 1-1. Not long later a bouncing ball inside Looe's box was smashed against the woodwork from Ryan Warren and away to safety. But it wasn't all our momentum, and Looe made the half end to end. A minute before HT I can't explain what Zak Pearce was doing so far forward but he found Hird again to put is in the lead for a 2-1 HT.

Though we deserved at least the 2 goals, I think Looe will have felt hard done by themselves that they hadn't capitalised on their own well worked attacks. HT covered defending the slope, being compact, but still being brave in attack as the pace from Hird and Ross in particular was causing problems. I considered changing the formation again as we have done many times away at Looe in the past, but we stuck with our attacking shape and it paid off right away to squash the immediate fightback from the restart. Hird found his way down the right hand side and from the byline cut back a low ball for Hicks to finish confidently on 50mins. It was Hicks again later causing issues and breaking through the offside trap 1v1 he nudged the bouncing ball past the onrushing keeper for an empty net from 25yards but the keeper clipped him and he was down like a sack of spuds. Huge appeals all over and relief from the home dugout as the keeper would've received at least a yellow due to the nature of the chance but waived away and Hicko was gestured to get up by the referee which did make me giggle. No harm done in the end. Not long later the tie was effectively over as the home keeper who was genuinely having a good game made an error with the ball in his control and Hird robbed it and completed his hat trick. Cue changes, including Halls and Paine from our u16s who have continued to impress in training with Halls making his 7th appearance for us and Paine's 2nd. Within a minute of their introduction, a ball in from the left wasn't dealt with and Paine smashed in his first men's goal. Buzzing. 

5-1 FT and probably a deserved score line. But the key was scoring right before and after HT which squashed Looe, as they were well in the game. From then I was impressed with our game management, particular Pacey in goal from our 4th and u18 teams on his 3rds debut, and both Warren and Brown having really effective games themselves. There will have been a lot of lessons learned from the game for the young squad with 7x u18s involved in a win that takes us to 3rd, with the Cup Final next Sunday. Some nice headaches to have for me now before we take on the old rivals Foxhole. 

12 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Ok Liskeard obviously fell foul of the rules and were rightly punished but really - "overloading"? 

Finnley Bartlett, William Gilbert, Ethan Gwillam, Daniel Hinks, Bobby Hopkinson, Jack Libby, Jack Podmore, Liam Raglan, Kyle Tamblyn, Jarrad Woods, Anthony Powell, Coen Briggs, Connor McCarthy, Aaron Saunders

Yes, 'Overloading' in the sense that they played too many against the rules? 

5 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Looe Town 1 - 5 Torpoint Athletic 

Torpoint goalscorers: Hird x3, Hicks, Paine.

Nice to see young Zak Pacey get his Debut, he was with our youth team a Looe for U12-U16s. Welcome to my world with so many youth players too lol. having a couple of key senior players must be a godsend. I've recently signed a new senior player and hope he can help grow our lads too for the remainder of the season. Anyhow good luck with the rest of your season 👍