Cornwall Football Forum

Future of the forum

It's fast approaching the time of year when the organisers of this wonderful forum will be pleading for  £700 odd to keep it running . This coming year I must be honest and say that I fear for the future of the forum  . Every year it gets harder to extract the price of one cigarette from each of the 6000 plus users . So to the majority , have a conscience and donate a few quid toward the running  of the forum . Although I seldom post on here nowadays , mainly because the lack of response to any discussion and also the loss of Older has affected the conversations sadly . However I still read it every day to see what's happening in another county grassroots football wise and to compare the problems with  our county .

Sadly Dave  I , with a sinking heart , might have to agree with you . It's rather strange that over 6,000 people are members but only a fraction  correspond on it . You would have thought that a lot of them would have had something to say about , for instance St. Darren's comments on referee's ( and I don't mean any disrespect to St. Darren I'm just using his pots as an example , plus I tend to agree with him .) It will be sad if it folds , what else will I have to read every day ? 

14 minutes ago, baldy said:

I’ve asked before and not received an answer. How many of those 6000 have posted in the last 12 months?

Yes indeed the 6000 members is misleading!

I've just delved into the stats available and between the 1st March 2022 and today (just over 12 months) - 675 members have posted.

In the same period 866 members visited the forum.

Ultimately the forum is completely non-profit.  The concept of paying for a service is now at odds with users who allow their private data to be sold to corporations. I think in the circumstances we should start this years fundraiser early and end it later whilst the season is still active. 

Could we do anything that potentially adds value to the forum? Blogs etc…

1 hour ago, Richard Chown said:

Ultimately the forum is completely non-profit.  The concept of paying for a service is now at odds with users who allow their private data to be sold to corporations. I think in the circumstances we should start this years fundraiser early and end it later whilst the season is still active. 

Could we do anything that potentially adds value to the forum? Blogs etc…

Good idea to start fundraiser before the season end. I’m sure interest drops off close season. I will contribute as I value the forum. Bans for he habitually aggressive minority possibly needed.

My only disappointment is that there are fewer match reports than before, but the forum, along with the CS Podcast keeps me abreast of football across the Duchy. Big thank you to Dave Deacon!

I’ve offered help in the past. I have a server that is ready and waiting to be used to host a forum. I’ve even got a spare license for a xenforo forum, that for 70 Quid a year can be renewed for security updates etc. I’d even host it for free. So instead of trying to get 700 quid, you’d only need 10% of that

does that help at all? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally I dont post very regularly now as no longer involved with my local team , age ,health.  Support home games at present cant drive due to health dvla lol , hope the forum continues,  but as volunteers get less , age ,wastage ect there will be less I'm afraid.  Admin keep up the good work  .

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2023 at 06:57, Keith B said:

Every good wish to you Stevie - I miss your input on the forum. Take care sir.

Thanks Keith , still involved in football but now walking football,  for over 50s   , growing in popularity lots of teams popping up all over Cornwall,  dont play but help out where I can ,