Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole To Feature On Football Focus

But what a shame the BBC couldn't get Mousehole's name right, their opening title of "Mousehall Football Club" a testimony to the BBC's policy of diversity employment. How many English people would NOT have heard of that amazing little place in Cornwall called Mousehole (pro. "Mous'l")? The correct spelling was displayed often enough during the piece, which the title-writer clearly hadn't seen.

And as for saying that Mousehole's game was off due to a waterlogged pitch, I can't find a Western League fixture for the first team on the Western League website - so presumably their "researcher" must have seen Illogan v Mousehole 2nd XI off. So much for the BBC's interest in non-league football.

Certainly, though, after that "Mousehall" boob the content was interesting to say the least. The ground at Paul has certainly improved since the last time I was there some 40 years ago!

Ah, couldn't see the Wellington fixture on my Not-so-smartphone screen. Went to my desktop to write this and only checked the fixtures after I ranted. So ignore the middle paragraph of my previous posting, with my apologies!

5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

But what a shame the BBC couldn't get Mousehole's name right, their opening title of "Mousehall Football Club" a testimony to the BBC's policy of diversity employment. How many English people would NOT have heard of that amazing little place in Cornwall called Mousehole (pro. "Mous'l")? The correct spelling was displayed often enough during the piece, which the title-writer clearly hadn't seen.

And as for saying that Mousehole's game was off due to a waterlogged pitch, I can't find a Western League fixture for the first team on the Western League website - so presumably their "researcher" must have seen Illogan v Mousehole 2nd XI off. So much for the BBC's interest in non-league football.

Certainly, though, after that "Mousehall" boob the content was interesting to say the least. The ground at Paul has certainly improved since the last time I was there some 40 years ago!

Ah, couldn't see the Wellington fixture on my Not-so-smartphone screen. Went to my desktop to write this and only checked the fixtures after I ranted. So ignore the middle paragraph of my previous posting, with my apologies!

Absolutely brilliant.. slagging someone off for lack of research whilst showing a lack of research 🤣🤣