Sidmouth Town     3-1    Cullompton Rangers

Premier West
Launceston       1-1     AFC St Austell
St Dennis        0-3    St Blazey

Cornwall Senior Cup, semi final
Millbrook    2-0  Wendron United (At Sticker

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 21 March 2023

MILLBROOK   2-0   WENDRON     HT 1-0

Millbrook finally clinched a senior cup final spot they were denied by Covid a couple of seasons ago. Game played in wind and rain all evening, credit to both teams for their effort and plenty of endeavour, played in good spirits by both teams. Must admit I went to the game as a Wendron supporter knowing Mike, Josh and Scoffy and a lot of the top lads that play there but I don’t think anyone will have any complaints it was the right result on the night. No doubt they will think they could have played better on the night but the club continually punch about their weight and they only need to look at the league table to confirm that. I’ve played in 7 senior cup semi finals myself and luckily won 5 but the 2 I lost leaves you with the worst feeling! At least losing the final you’ve got a great day out on Easter Monday for your club in front of a good crowd but losing in the semis is horrible! Hope the Dron boys can take it on the chin and bounce back for their league run in. Well done to Millbrook who will without doubt go into the final as underdogs against the might of Helston but again, they are another club that overachieves and everyone will love an underdog on the day won’t they!? Apologies for missing out a few names, I didn’t see a team sheet and no teams were announced, too windy to hear it anyway I would have thought!!?

8”  Wendron create the first chance when Charlie Young slipped in Josh Wood who crosses to the far post for Ryan Reeve to volley just wide from a narrow angle.

13”  Slick Millbrook move down the left sees a cross to the far post but the powerful shot is well blocked by left back Reece Carroll.

17”  This time a move down the right sees the cross fall to Jake Foster who shoots into the bottom corner from 15 yards.  1-0

29” Poor clearance from the keeper sees Jack Stocker return it from 35 yards, but no equaliser as it goes the wrong side of the post.

34”  Referee Mr Tim Burley produces the first yellow of the night when he adjudges Carroll to have stopped a promising attack on the halfway line.

41”  The busy Carroll cuts in from the left and hits a right foot shot towards the far corner that the keeper punches away.

HALF TIME 1-0

51”  Dron keeper Ethan Fearn makes a sharp stop at his near post from a shot from the edge of the area.

62”  Wendron sub shoots just wide with a powerful shot after coming on 30 seconds earlier. Millbrook keeper picks up a yellow for taking his time with the resulting goal kick!?

67”  A quick breakaway from Millbrook ends up with a shot into the side netting.

68”  Wendron reply immediately but Youngs shot on the turn goes past the post.

78”  A great run and cross down the right from Josh Toulson sees Kieron O’Melias point blank volley superbly kept out by Fearn but the ball luckily drops back to his feet for him to tap in despite the best efforts of defender Russell May to keep it out. O’Melia celebrates with an impressive somersault over by the corner flag! 👏🏼  2-0

90+3”  Good work from another Dron sub who ploughs through a couple of challenges to shoot powerfully but just over the bar from the edge of the area.

90+4”  Mr Burley blows the full time whistle and it’s an all Western League final as Millbrook win through to meet Helston on April 10th almost certainly to be at St.Blazey I would imagine 😉👍

St Dennis 0v3 St Blazey. Att.55est.

Horrible evening weather wise so well done to St Dennis for getting the game on. 

St Blazey made to work hard for their goals and the three points despite having 90% of the ball. Tricky conditions but got the job done. 

Next up, Liskeard away on Saturday. 

On 21/03/2023 at 09:53, Dave Deacon said:

Axminster Town      4-1   Torridgeside
Crediton United      2-2   Holsworthy
Elburton Villa        1-1  Okehampton Argyle
Sidmouth Town     3-1    Cullompton Rangers

Premier West
Launceston       1-1     AFC St Austell
St Dennis        0-3    St Blazey

Cornwall Senior Cup, semi final
Millbrook    2-0  Wendron United (At Sticker

Senior Cup Final will be at St.Blazey FC on Easter Monday.