Cornwall Football Forum

PIRAN FILMS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF STREET V HELSTON ATHLETIC

Piran

12 minutes ago, Piran said:

I can’t argue with that. I thought it at the time. The most lenient referee I have seen all season. He let the game flow- bit like the 70s

"let the game flow" or not implement the laws of the game? 

All this crap about letting the game go is rubbish. Referees should do the job that they're trained and paid to do and give fee kicks, cautions, sendings off for offences that warrant them. 

The inconsistency in delivering the same set of laws is astonishing. 

50 minutes ago, St Darren said:

"let the game flow" or not implement the laws of the game? 

All this crap about letting the game go is rubbish. Referees should do the job that they're trained and paid to do and give fee kicks, cautions, sendings off for offences that warrant them. 

The inconsistency in delivering the same set of laws is astonishing. 

Referees are obviously humans; humans are subjective  and will always interpret objective rules differently and inconsistently. Steve draws attention to that fact before any fists are thrown. I would rather have a referee like that than a fussy one who stops the game all the time. There’s enough of that happening by players today going down and feigning injury.

I just want referees to be consistent with the laws. Such as kicking the ball away at set pieces, wasting time, shirt pulls, sometimes it's a booking, next time it's not. 

I think in the 2 'blows to the face' in this, game, I would hope thst the referee basically hasn't seen either of them. Because of he has and hasn't issued any punishment then thats just poor officiating.

I understand the different interpretation thing but interpretation is different to consistency. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

5 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

Helston could/should have been down to 9 men if their ill-dicipline was punished ...throw a punch, don't even get booked !!! 

Lets flip it on its head... Who's really at fault the ref for not sactioning or the player attempting to punch? Why isn't there ever any slating of the players that do it (well there's rarely anything apart from 'silly player'). I think ref could have dealt with the two bits better I think copp should have been a yellow each and a yellow for bye in second accident. That said I really enjoyed Steve's commentary on this. Although I don't think he should take up singing as his next career. I also liked him speaking to the crowd

19 hours ago, Piran said:

It was such a dull 0:0 game, I was struggling with this edit; hence the focus on officials and the singing. If you think Steve’s singing is bad, you should have seen his dancing in the changing room after the midweek Saltash cup semi final.😂🤣😂

8 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

That's the stuff we need to see 

Noooo!

🤦‍♂️

On 19/03/2023 at 13:43, FootballChat said:

Punch? Did I miss something on the highlights?

Well Massey seemed concerned about Matty Bye's behaviour, he appears to raise a hand to another player, watch at 4:36 (approx).