Bodmin Town          P-P        Mullion

Camelford                2-0      Callington Town

Dobwalls                  0-3       Newquay

Liskeard Athletic     4-0     Sticker

St Blazey                 P-P        Launceston

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 11 March 2023
Just now, karaoke said:

I hope it’s ok for midweek 👍

there is absolutely no chance of football on that next week after today😂 brutal conditions, boys played superb tho on a difficult surface making it 10 wins on the bounce & another clean sheet👏🏻💙

DOBWALLS  0-3  NEWQUAY

Excellent performance from Newquay dominating for almost the entirety of the match and if not for an outstanding display from home keeper Paul Thompson and the woodwork it could easily have ended 5-0/6-0 on the day. Played in front of former Argyle manager and Scotland international Paul Sturrock and Romain Larrieu there to watch his son Oscar in midfield for Dobwalls. The visitors piled forward from the off and were unlucky in the 11th minute when Scott Flannigan played in Jake Shaw in a similar position to the goal he scored in midweek at champions elect St.Blazey but this time his side foot finish hit the inside of the post went across the line and missed the other post by inches. After 23 minutes a strong run from midfield saw young Rhys Hooper get down the left and cross for a Jack Rapsey volley from 10 yards which was superbly beaten away by Thompson with one strong hand. The young Dobwalls outfit did get back into the game for a little ten minute spell after that and a tremendous piece of skill from CJ Pritchard saw him send the pacy Jake Anderson clear with an outrageous “rabona” pass but Anderson shot wide when well placed under pressure from covering defenders Matt Sanders and Tom Whipp.

Enjoyable half time break with Rach winning the 50/50 £20 resulting in a nice bun and another cup of tea. Good to speak to Deacs brother Graham, and Andy & John from the hosts, nice to catch up with proper football people from other clubs now and again and Dobwalls manager Ben Washam who had to leave at half time to catch a flight to Arizona for his sisters wedding!! Great commitment just to turn up for the pre match and half time team talks! Another nice chat at the start of the 2nd half with former St.Dennis manager Simon Minett who’s kindly been on the podcast a couple times, an intelligent young football manager who I’m sure will be snapped up by somebody before the start of next season. A gent with a lot to offer in my opinion. Newquay are fortunate themselves to have a top young manager in Craig Ainslie and I hope this side he’s built over the season can stay together for next season, I’m sure they’ll only get better playing some lovely football today on a rapidly deteriorating pitch as the 2nd half wore on, real pleasure to watch it sometimes, carrying on from midweek where I thought they were the better side against Blazey for 70 minutes before a top team like that understandably threw the kitchen sink at it last 20 minutes to deservedly force a draw in the end. The Peppermints eventually took the lead in the 53rd minute when Shaw bombed down the right sending in that undefendable low cross into the 6 yard box and with Rapsey on hand about to tap in, home defender Joe Cook slid in last ditch to unluckily divert the ball into his own net. On 61 minutes a rasping Jared Sims volley was palmed away by Thompson and he bettered that in the 66th minute when a sharp turn and shot from the edge of the area by Rapsey saw him dive full stretch to his right to fingertip the ball onto the inside of the post and Ryan Geach was there to scramble it out for a corner.

With Newquay going through the gears it was only a matter of time that they doubled their lead and in the 77th minute when a great bit of play from left wing back Bradley Leivers, grandson of Manchester City full back Bill who was part of City’s Burt Trautmann fa cup final winning side saw him swap passes with the multi talented Sims who played him in for Leivers to slide the ball under Thompson for a great finish from a player who had a 7 day notice of approach from Tavistock this week. Energetic 16 year old Noah Teagle and Hooper only 17 had fine games at the heart of the visitors midfield along with captain Cam Turner who is still only a young man himself and he whipped in a superb corner for substitute Nick Boase, the classy defender on in a midfield position thundered a header from 10 yards across Thompson and into the far corner. Dobwalls did manage the odd pacy breakaway down the left but Harry Ashton in the Newquay goal had a relatively quiet afternoon save wise and the visitors almost scored again when Turner found Rapsey down the right whose powerful drive from a narrow angle was turned around the post by the busy Thompson in the 88th minute. Match very well handled by referee Mr Jonathan Green who I think only produced the one home card for the afternoon in a well natured game. Did a head count of the attendance midway through the 1st half and I would say 65/70 on a miserable afternoon not the worst really! Good luck to all those poor volunteer groundsman trying to sort those pitches out this week!!! You all deserve medals! 👍👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

13 hours ago, RAPPO said:

DOBWALLS  0-3  NEWQUAY

Excellent performance from Newquay dominating for almost the entirety of the match and if not for an outstanding display from home keeper Paul Thompson and the woodwork it could easily have ended 5-0/6-0 on the day. Played in front of former Argyle manager and Scotland international Paul Sturrock and Romain Larrieu there to watch his son Oscar in midfield for Dobwalls. The visitors piled forward from the off and were unlucky in the 11th minute when Scott Flannigan played in Jake Shaw in a similar position to the goal he scored in midweek at champions elect St.Blazey but this time his side foot finish hit the inside of the post went across the line and missed the other post by inches. After 23 minutes a strong run from midfield saw young Rhys Hooper get down the left and cross for a Jack Rapsey volley from 10 yards which was superbly beaten away by Thompson with one strong hand. The young Dobwalls outfit did get back into the game for a little ten minute spell after that and a tremendous piece of skill from CJ Pritchard saw him send the pacy Jake Anderson clear with an outrageous “rabona” pass but Anderson shot wide when well placed under pressure from covering defenders Matt Sanders and Tom Whipp.

Enjoyable half time break with Rach winning the 50/50 £20 resulting in a nice bun and another cup of tea. Good to speak to Deacs brother Graham, and Andy & John from the hosts, nice to catch up with proper football people from other clubs now and again and Dobwalls manager Ben Washam who had to leave at half time to catch a flight to Arizona for his sisters wedding!! Great commitment just to turn up for the pre match and half time team talks! Another nice chat at the start of the 2nd half with former St.Dennis manager Simon Minett who’s kindly been on the podcast a couple times, an intelligent young football manager who I’m sure will be snapped up by somebody before the start of next season. A gent with a lot to offer in my opinion. Newquay are fortunate themselves to have a top young manager in Craig Ainslie and I hope this side he’s built over the season can stay together for next season, I’m sure they’ll only get better playing some lovely football today on a rapidly deteriorating pitch as the 2nd half wore on, real pleasure to watch it sometimes, carrying on from midweek where I thought they were the better side against Blazey for 70 minutes before a top team like that understandably threw the kitchen sink at it last 20 minutes to deservedly force a draw in the end. The Peppermints eventually took the lead in the 53rd minute when Shaw bombed down the right sending in that undefendable low cross into the 6 yard box and with Rapsey on hand about to tap in, home defender Joe Cook slid in last ditch to unluckily divert the ball into his own net. On 61 minutes a rasping Jared Sims volley was palmed away by Thompson and he bettered that in the 66th minute when a sharp turn and shot from the edge of the area by Rapsey saw him dive full stretch to his right to fingertip the ball onto the inside of the post and Ryan Geach was there to scramble it out for a corner.

With Newquay going through the gears it was only a matter of time that they doubled their lead and in the 77th minute when a great bit of play from left wing back Bradley Leivers, grandson of Manchester City full back Bill who was part of City’s Burt Trautmann fa cup final winning side saw him swap passes with the multi talented Sims who played him in for Leivers to slide the ball under Thompson for a great finish from a player who had a 7 day notice of approach from Tavistock this week. Energetic 16 year old Noah Teagle and Hooper only 17 had fine games at the heart of the visitors midfield along with captain Cam Turner who is still only a young man himself and he whipped in a superb corner for substitute Nick Boase, the classy defender on in a midfield position thundered a header from 10 yards across Thompson and into the far corner. Dobwalls did manage the odd pacy breakaway down the left but Harry Ashton in the Newquay goal had a relatively quiet afternoon save wise and the visitors almost scored again when Turner found Rapsey down the right whose powerful drive from a narrow angle was turned around the post by the busy Thompson in the 88th minute. Match very well handled by referee Mr Jonathan Green who I think only produced the one home card for the afternoon in a well natured game. Did a head count of the attendance midway through the 1st half and I would say 65/70 on a miserable afternoon not the worst really! Good luck to all those poor volunteer groundsman trying to sort those pitches out this week!!! You all deserve medals! 👍👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Three legends in one place - worth the entrance fee alone🤣🤣🤣

St.Austell  0  Penzance  1.

Superb defensive display from the visitors ensured three points on a playing surface that resembled a mud bath once the final whistle blew.

The only goal of the game came on 35 mins when a cross was headed in leaving the St.Austell keeper a spectator.

With only one more home game to play the sparse crowd will glad to see the back of a very disappointing season at Poltair.