Sherborne Town 1 - 1 Torpoint Athletic
Street 1 - 1 Falmouth Town
Wellington 3 - 2 Ashton & Backwell United
Welton Rovers 1 - 0 Buckland Athletic

Source:

Toolstation Premier Results: http://toolstationleague.com/2022-23-results/

League Table: http://toolstationleague.com/league-tables/

1 hour ago, john black said:

went today ...would say there was 7/8 falmouth supporters there,must of been impressed...funny old game.

Well I did go to Street today to watch FTFC and there were more F Troop than home fans. 60 plus for one of the longest away trips. The world is full of bitterness and jealousy!! 
UTMT!!

Great effort that to take 60+ supporters to Somerset. Any non league club in Devon and Cornwall would love to have the support that Town have got and are lying if they say they wouldn’t!! Clubs that have come on leaps and bounds like Mousehole and Helston for example, Mousehole had 222 today and Helston 177. Which are decent attendances to be fair but Town would get more than that just in the Packet End for a big game at Bickland. It’s a club steeped in history whether you love them or hate them the achievements are undeniable and the supporters are great for Cornish football and the Western league and bring an atmosphere to the games they attend. Aside from all the stuff they’ve done for charity over the years they put money in to all the other clubs with admission, food, especially drink etc! Nothing to dislike about F Troop from what I can see!!? 👏🏼

8 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Great effort that to take 60+ supporters to Somerset. Any non league club in Devon and Cornwall would love to have the support that Town have got and are lying if they say they wouldn’t!! Clubs that have come on leaps and bounds like Mousehole and Helston for example, Mousehole had 222 today and Helston 177. Which are decent attendances to be fair but Town would get more than that just in the Packet End for a big game at Bickland. It’s a club steeped in history whether you love them or hate them the achievements are undeniable and the supporters are great for Cornish football and the Western league and bring an atmosphere to the games they attend. Aside from all the stuff they’ve done for charity over the years they put money in to all the other clubs with admission, food, especially drink etc! Nothing to dislike about F Troop from what I can see!!? 👏🏼

Peninsula League treasurers must be missing the F-Troop. A few quid must have taken at the gate, and spent in the bar before and after the match.

Saltash United 4 Cadbury Heath 1

Gool Peran Lowen to All CFF Contributors / Readers!

Three smart finishes from Mike Smith and a COB bullet header. An easy win without needing anything above second gear. The best of the the four, the third on the stroke of HT that killed the game totally. Nice run and cross from Martindale, a smart nod across goal from Adam Carter and Smith sent the ball the opposite way to the keeper from about 8 yards. Some good stuff in spells, in the first half especially. Good team ethic at the the Ashes. Whoever they put in comes in and does a good job. Disappointed not to see Callum ‘the divine hairband’ Watson playing yesterday - one of my favourite players to pull on a Tavi shirt. Nice to see ‘The Beast’, that is Callum O’Brien in the heart of that red and white defence! Cadbury Heath we’re dismal. Their goal a debatable penalty, which had zero impact on the game as they were 4-0 down already.

Nice to see Callum Martindale as Player of the Month. Always consistent, virtually 8/10 every day. He must be a Manager’s dream! 

I was just pleased to get to a game!  First choice Tavi, then Bude, a no-go as bike off the road, and incident near to  home meant road blocked off around 13.30pm, so Ashes a split second ‘jump on the bus moment’.

Mousehole a better footballing side and easier on the eye, but Ashes have a good spirit and nous in getting games over the line. Hopefully a Cornish 1 & 2 at the season end. Wish both teams well.

Mousehole 2, Bridgwater 1

This top three clash ended with another maximum points for Mousehole but the Seagulls will have been more than relieved to have heard the final whistle blown by referee Shaun Edge.

On an almost perfect day and pitch for playing football, they had to make just the one change with Lewis Moyle coming in for the unavailable Ollie Chenoweth while it was two changes for the visitors after Tuesday’s home draw with Helston.

Dropping those points in midweek made this all but a “must win” affair for them and you could see that in the way they quickly closed down the Mousehole midfield but even so the first chance for a goal came the way of Hayden Turner after just five minutes. Put in by Tallan Mitchell, top scorer Turner hesitated in whether to shoot or round the keeper and in the end did neither!

All but immediately after Mark Goldsworthy had tried an audacious lob for the hosts, the deadlock was broken with a 14th minute goal at the other end! George King showed his teammates how to avoid being offside by making the most of a hesitant back line and coolly slotting the ball wide of the advancing Moyle.

Bridgwater continued to be quick in the challenge with their midfield breaks causing concern and probably their best chance to increase their lead fell to Conor Hartley who, similar to Turner earlier, just delayed his decision a split second too long and was outwitted by Moyle.

No doubt Jake Ash was already thinking of what to say in his half-time pep talk when his side got a crucial equaliser seconds before the interval.

A partially cleared floated in free-kick was turned back in by Turner for Adel Gafaiti to head home and level the game but Bridgwater’s afternoon soon got worse as defender Mark Armstrong was shown a red card for presumably saying something out of order to the officials.

For once that extra man situation looked to be making a difference as it was a far more potent Mousehole side going forward after the break as evidenced by a Callum McOnie weaving run forward lacking just that final touch in as the ball went across a vacant six yard box.

However, the one man advantage didn’t last for much longer as just past the hour Andy Elcock also departed the action. What looked like a yellow and ten minutes in the sin bin, quickly got worse for the midfielder as frustration with the decision and a dented water bucket meant another yellow for him!

What proved to be the winner came on 70 minutes, but it was thanks to a Bridgwater player! An inswinging corner ended up going in at the near post with a very happy loudspeaker announcer confirming it was an own goal.

Bridgwater continued to find their way through the Mousehole defence far too easy which surely must have been a concern for the home management. Jack Taylor was only inches away from scoring while soon after Jack Thorne failed to make the most of Mousehole giving away vital possession.

The Bridgwater manager’s post-match suggestion that they had been “a little bit robbed” wasn’t far off the mark, while Mousehole march on with the win another three points in their quest for promotion.

3 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

Great report Dave.

Unfortunately the ref showed Andy E a straight red (rather than a second yellow) for kicking the dugout in frustration. How kicking the dugout is deemed to be worthy of a three match ban rather than just the one he’d have got for a second yellow is beyond me but the ref obviously thought differently. 

And probably a sore foot! One of those things one regrets afterwards!

3 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Great report Dave.

Unfortunately the ref showed Andy E a straight red (rather than a second yellow) for kicking the dugout in frustration. How kicking the dugout is deemed to be worthy of a three match ban rather than just the one he’d have got for a second yellow is beyond me but the ref obviously thought differently. 

Shaun edge for you 🤣🤣🙈🙈 one the worst referees on the circuit in my opinion. 

Great report Dave. To be fair the players let the importance of the game get to them which didnt make for a good spectacle of football which was anticipated as it was a perfect day for a game between probably (just my opinion folks) the best two teams in the league. Post mast the players and official / coaches of Bridgewater conducted themselves very well and we now look forward to visiting them in a few weeks time. 

The first time I have seen Falmouth this season (they were the only team in the League I had yet to see) and what an impressive following they brought with them, a real credit to their club. What wasn't so impressive was what was served up on the pitch a really poor game of football which neither side deserved to win.

21 minutes ago, SomersetObserver said:

The first time I have seen Falmouth this season (they were the only team in the League I had yet to see) and what an impressive following they brought with them, a real credit to their club. What wasn't so impressive was what was served up on the pitch a really poor game of football which neither side deserved to win.

Have to agree was far from the best game, draw probably a fair result. 

Was very impressed with your set up and hospitality. Falmouth fans received a warm welcome. The food I had in the bar and was served to the players was first rate as well. 

Congratulations also to your long standing supporter on 78? Years of support 👏👏👏

9 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Great report Dave.

Thats not down to the ref decide thats the FA ref just shows the cards. Would you like a player to come to your ground and kick the advertising boards or dugouts or whatever? Did he damage the dugout? Maybe instead of blaming the referee for his actions we could instead blame the player for behaving like a petulant child and putting the ref in a position where he could give a red card. 

10 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Great report Dave.

Wouldn’t have been a second yellow if in sin bin. But either way, wouldn’t be allowed to return as if you commit further misconduct in sin bin that’s game over.

9 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Wouldn’t have been a second yellow if in sin bin. But either way, wouldn’t be allowed to return as if you commit further misconduct in sin bin that’s game over.

I thought the same. 

20 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Great report Dave.

The introduction of the sin bin brought with it a new quirk of "takes no further part".

They are not sent off by the showing of a red card, and therefore are also not required, as with a red card to leave the immediate vicinity of the field of play, but as it suggests they are not allowed to return to the field of play.

There is a variation of takes no further part in that either at the end of the period in which they are serving a temporary dismissal they either can or can't be substituted depending on what other offences they have committed in the game.

Offences whilst in the sin bin mean the player takes no further part and CANNOT be substituted, but they are not sent off, UNLESS the offence they commit is a red card offence. 

There is some old documentation out there that states a red card could be shown, but that is incorrect. 2 cautions should be reported, one for C2 sin bin and 1 for the offence whilst in the sin bin. 

Of course it's entirely possible that the offence committed was another offence, for example using offensive, insulting and/or abusive language in which case, as above, a red card would be the correct outcome.

Very interesting to read your comments “TOotR”. The sequence of events was (1) player sin-binned by referee who shows the player a yellow card as he directs him towards the dugout (2) player walks to dugout and gives it a kick (no damage was done - not that I think this is relevant in disciplinary terms but it answers a question raised above) (3) referee shows the player a red card (not a second yellow) and asks him to leave the field of play (which he does).

I don’t know whether as a matter of what the Laws of the game dictate kicking the dugout (or a water bottle or an advertising hoarding, etc) warrants a yellow card, a straight red card, or whether the referee has discretion according to his opinion of the context and nature of the kick. When a player kicks or throws the ball away in frustration I’ve only ever seen a yellow card given for the offence rather than a straight red but maybe the Laws differentiate between abusing the ball and abusing a dugout (water bottle, advertising hoarding, etc). 

But also I’m a fan so inevitably I have an opinion, which is that a straight red (and the ensuing three game ban) is a very harsh punishment for this offence. But I accept that it’s just an opinion and  there will always be other people who take a different view. (And I also accept the comments above that if the player hadn’t reacted then the referee would have had no cause to show a card of either colour, but I still think there’s a discussion to be had about what should happen if a player does transgress). 

6 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

I don’t know whether as a matter of what the Laws of the game dictate kicking the dugout (or a water bottle or an advertising hoarding, etc) warrants a yellow card, a straight red card, or whether the referee has discretion according to his opinion of the context and nature of the kick. When a player kicks or throws the ball away in frustration I’ve only ever seen a yellow card given for the offence rather than a straight red but maybe the Laws differentiate between abusing the ball and abusing a dugout (water bottle, advertising hoarding, etc). 

The laws are always applied in the opinion of the referee, this is set out in Law 5. 

The laws talk about where an object is thrown, the referee has to decide whether this is done in a reckless manner (YC) or in a manner that uses excessive force (RC).

The laws do not cover kicking of fixed objects for players, but under offences for team officials an example of dissent by word or action is given as "throwing/kicking drinks bottles or other objects"

Its entirely possible something else happened in between and to the onlooker it appeared that the red card was for kicking the dug out, something said out of earshot, perhaps? 

Ultimately, the club will have to review the offence reported by the referee (there is no longer a written report unless a more serious offence has occurred) and determine whether they have a case for worngdul dismissal, or not.

1 hour ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

The laws are always applied in the opinion of the referee, this is set out in Law 5. 

The laws talk about where an object is thrown, the referee has to decide whether this is done in a reckless manner (YC) or in a manner that uses excessive force (RC).

The laws do not cover kicking of fixed objects for players, but under offences for team officials an example of dissent by word or action is given as "throwing/kicking drinks bottles or other objects"

Its entirely possible something else happened in between and to the onlooker it appeared that the red card was for kicking the dug out, something said out of earshot, perhaps? 

Ultimately, the club will have to review the offence reported by the referee (there is no longer a written report unless a more serious offence has occurred) and determine whether they have a case for worngdul dismissal, or not.

Seems like perhaps the red was not appropriate after all! 🤭 

10 hours ago, winston said:

Enjoyed the game at helston who defended so well until that late sucker punch.

Agreed defended majority of the game like their lives depended on it so absolutely fair play to them however with the players they have ( and I played with 90% of them last season and they’ve have some brilliant players Stevie Colwell Matty Bye Tyler Elliot Reece Shanley to name a few) and the fact that they were at home found it a tad strange they set up to defend and frustrate for the whole game they are far too good to be playing that way in my opinion but again that’s just my opinion 👌🏻👌🏻