Cornwall Football Forum

League table after the week ending Saturday 25 February 2023

Just now, cornish leg end said:

Dave what’s going on here match fixing I recon 😂😂 must be a record though can’t remember 5 correct scores since we started this. 

I have to admit I did check my own score before publishing! 🤭

Probably won’t pick up a 40 pointer now for the next few weeks!

17 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I have often wandered if this was a fix a few weeks ago i predicted a 4-0 win but it was not on my predicted score when i knew i had the right score i will be keeping a more close eye on the scores in the future 

Why on earth should there be a fix? If anyone thinks I’ve made a mistake with the scoring, they just contact me at the time and I change it. It’s as straight forward and simple as that Steve!

53 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Sorry I’m being a bit thick - what do you mean?

I think the confusion may be the scoring. I read it as if there's two games, you predict 1-0 for both and they finish 1-0 and 2-0, you get 2x correct result and 1x correct score. And NOT 1x correct result and 1x correct score. I think I've explained that correctly anyway. Correct result is clearly 10pts, with a correct score an additional 40pts.

My points scores are always accurate. Particularly midweek games I'll have fingers crossed if I'm only a goal out as I'm reading the updates so I know what points score I'll be getting. Wadebridge in particular have cost me a few correct results and scorelines recently with some late goals for/against to my predictions displeasure! 

38 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Why on earth should there be a fix? If anyone thinks I’ve made a mistake with the scoring, they just contact me at the time and I change it. It’s as straight forward and simple as that Steve!

😂😂😂 he does come up with some stories. Ignore Dave you do a fantastic job in this and I’ve enjoyed every season since it’s been going 

Just to make it clear to everyone, it is 40 points for the actual correct scoreline but if you only predict the correct result it's 10. Its one or the other with the exact scoreline bettering the correct result and so therefore 40 points is the maximum per game. I think in general everyone is aware of that but just re-emphasising.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Ever get that, "why do I bother" feeling Dave?

Most of the time to be honest! 😀

51 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Just to make it clear to everyone, it is 40 points for the actual correct scoreline but if you only predict the correct result it's 10. Its one or the other with the exact scoreline bettering the correct result and so therefore 40 points is the maximum per game. I think in general everyone is aware of that but just re-emphasising.

It’s been the same way for 4/5 seasons Dave always worked fine never been a problem keep going 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Ah, thanks for explaining 👍