Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results 25th February 2023

Storm 1 mawgan smith 12 (I think)

honestly don’t know what happened. 3-0 at half time and storm where impressed with themselves 

then tiredness, age, injuries and ability kicked in and mawgan smith picked us apart.

Some mortal kombat towards the end.

can’t really comment much more as the police are involved

Referee was fantastic and dealt with everything brilliant.

he even admitted he had made a mistake on a decision so thought we had entered an alternate reality when that happened

RAPPO-b0a2d9c7-d583-4ee4-a108-f6c2e586d5a0.gifDiv 1

PERRANWELL (3) 6 Edgcombe 25’ 33’ Rapsey 66’ 82’ Botham 3’ Hodge 63’

CONSTANTINE (0) 0

ATT: 33

TEMP: 7c cold breeze

REF: Mr Bill Trethewey

Been Krakow all week but must admit I felt warmer there than I did down Perranwell today!! Great to see some old friends before kick off, had some brilliant days at Perran many moons ago with some great people! Had my cockles warmed almost immediately when the Well went ahead after just 3 minutes from a stunning 22 yard free kick from Warwick Botham. Honestly would have looked good at any level of football today in the whole country! Bent over the top of the wall and clipping the bar on the way into the top corner!! (i got my phone out for it so hopefully tag it on the end of this report?) The visitors were well in the game after the initial shock and created a couple of opportunities but home keeper Sam Denchfield had a safe pair of hands. Top scorer Callum Edgcombe doubled the lead with a smart low finish across the keeper and less than 10 minutes later he gave the hosts a comfy half time lead with Perran looking well in control with the influential Simon James and Scott Yendle bossing the midfield. 

The hosts added 3 more goals in the 2nd half with lively young left winger Elliot Swift living up to his name but the visitors never made it easy working hard with some good defending and creating a few chances of their own on the rare occasion they breached the home back line where the two young centre backs were outstanding in front of a solid keeper. The 4th goal came in the 63rd minute from another free kick but this time Josh Hodge strike took a wicked deflection off the wall wrong footing the keeper and going into the opposite corner. Perranwell manager Steve Parsons did well to utilise all his 16 man squad during the game and even had to leave out half a dozen players today which was refreshing to hear with some clubs struggling to raise sides recently. 3 minutes later from a Swift cross, Ben Rapsey with his back to goal produced a drag back past a defender and low finish into the far bottom corner all in one movement from 15 yards. Edgcombe clipped a lovely ball over the top and the visiting keeper raced off his line to get to the ball first just inside his area but spilled it into the air and Rapsey reacted quickest to crack a volley high into the net. Both strikers were unlucky not to finish with hat-tricks as Edgcombe raced through and dinked a nice finish over the keeper but a defender did well to get back to clear off the line and Rapsey had the ball in the net from close range after a good team move but experienced ref Bill Trethewey had already blown for a Perranwell free kick after a foul just outside the area. 

Very enjoyable afternoons football on a cold day with some excellent goals to enjoy, Constantine probably unlucky to at least not end up with a consolation goal their effort deserved, well reffed with no big fuss, two sporting teams, and Constantine Lino very good, sat behind him 2nd half and he was very fair and spot on I thought. Said he’d taken up reffing but injured his Achilles, hope he’s back in the middle soon, really nice chap. I’ll try and put Warwick’s free kick on here, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a cracking strike 👍👏🏼

*Sorry couldn't do it!

Good wins for the mariners and Stithians, highest congratulations to Storm for fielding a team despite the negativity coming from others about the fixture!! 
I had the pleasure of watching 70 minutes of West Cornwall and Ludgvan in a very balanced contest and a real close encounter, onwards to next week hoping to take in Helston and Wendron in the Cup next week.

Falmouth United vs Redruth Res (Percy Stephens cup) 

Falmouth are in great form with their last 3 games scoring 19 conceded 2 and were looking to continue this form. Straight from kick off Falmouth pressed hard going at Redruth, wanting to get some early goals and they created loads of chances but what has been an issue for them this season is putting away these opportunities especially their number 9. Chance after chance after chance and eventually the number 9 took his 5th chance making it 1-0. Falmouth didn’t stop they kept causing issues but Redruth created their own and had the ball cleared off the line twice 

HT 1-0 

Second half seemed to be the same Falmouth putting pressure on creating loads of chances with their number 9 grabbing yet another goal making it 2-0. It seemed after the second goal the gates opened and Falmouth winger whose scored 3 in their last game was hungry for more after getting on the end of the ball to make it 3-0. The game wasn’t over as both teams were still looking to score more goals. Falmouth scored another making it 4-0 from a comfortable finish “he’s too good for this level” the winger nicked the final goal with an outrageous finish off the cross and post to seal the game 5-0 

Credit to Redruth who still went at it until the final whistle and to the ref who managed the game in my opinion really well sticking to his decision from the start