Cornwall Football Forum

Best Tea Hut in Cornwall (and Devon) ?

Last season the Chilli and Chips was immense at St Dennis

I weirdly like the chairs against the wall - 'Doctors Waiting Room - offerings at Torpoint and Liskeard.

In Devon - good choice (and getting ever better) at Buckland Athletic and comfortable eating space in the excellent clubhouse!

What do forum readers say - surely Rappo has some 'insight' here? 😉 

Again, not been a frequent visitor to grounds on the scene for years, but (based on past visits) going to go for Lux Park, Liskeard. Although Beryl and Tracey at Parkway ran a very good operation.

To me, Buckland is exempt from the discussions as to call it a "tea hut" does it a disservice. More of a cafe or diner.

Wonder if the "Pasty League" thread from many years ago is still in the archive somewhere? Certainly divided opinions, and got one or two hot under the collar.

Haha yeah I do enjoy a pasty or cheeseburger BSOTT!!! Like to contribute to our local clubs!! 😀😋.  Rach did a top 10 or 15 on the podcast last year I think!? Lot of good ones around to be fair. Think Helston came out on top for their menu and certainly the best cheeseburger I’ve had at footie in the last few years mate!! Include all the pro clubs food in that as well! Walsall and WBA I remember being top burgers and chips but didn’t have a lot of shrapnel left out of a tenner I don’t think!!? 😋🙁

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Always a great choice of excellent food on offer at the old White Hart Lane years back. I've not been to the new Spurs ground, but hey - you can't really improve on excellence can you (?) ☺️

Always fed well at Wendron too, in my experience. 

You'd need to be on a Premier League player's salary to eat or drink at the new Tottenham Stadium. Battered sausage and chips will get you a few coins change from a tenner (£9.79). Or ,for the bargain price of £4.29,you can enjoy a sausage roll.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

Buckland Athletic serve a wicked Dirty Fries, chips,chilli & cheese £4.50 bloody lovely 😛

Buckland's set up is spot on. good food, sensible prices and really efficient kitchen  (it was well busy)....Badboy vegan burger with aioli sauce n'all! -obviously got some fans from totnes.

I was at Anstey Nomads v Sherwood Collieries (step 5, uhlsport united counties league) last week and the catering choice there was cheese cob or ham cob.

1 hour ago, Pondy said:

Buckland's set up is spot on. good food, sensible prices and really efficient kitchen  (it was well busy)....Badboy vegan burger with aioli sauce n'all! -obviously got some fans from totnes.

I was at Anstey Nomads v Sherwood Collieries (step 5, uhlsport united counties league) last week and the catering choice there was cheese cob or ham cob.

I was at Anstey Nomads myself last Saturday. Highlight, with Hibs being my second team, was meeting Conrad Logan! 

Tea and Coffee sold from the bar. Why? Clubhouse functional but hardly impressive and food choices as limited as you say. No programme, although learnt afterwards there is an online one and the game was poor too. Bloody freezing as well. 

Not a great afternoon at the football!