West Division

Hayle    v    Mullion

Perranwell    v    Illogan RBL

Porthleven    v    Falmouth Town

St. Agnes    v    Truro City

St. Day    v    Mousehole Development

Wendron United    v    Helston Athletic

St Day 2 Vs 3 Mousehole Devs

Superb result for the young Mousehole team against a very strong St Day side, surprisingly good tempered game only 2 sin bins ( 1 for each team ) and 2 yellows maybe. 

Mousehole raced into and quick 2-0 lead with 2 nice finishes after some great football but were pegged back by an absolute unstopable strike from the St Day striker. 1-2 HT

Second half started with 10 minutes of St Day pressure which resulted in a bizarre scenario where a St Day player beat the keeper but it was saved on the Mousehole line inadvertently by another St Day player 🙈. Within minutes a quick break resulted in a neat pull back and a tidy finish for 3-1. Both teams had chances but then and absolute peach of a volley made it 3-2 ( Check out Mousehole Devs Twitter page for a superb video by Callum Spielberg )

Mousehole played 10 of last 15 minutes with 10 men after a sin bin but still stood strong despite St Day pressure to hold on for the win. 

Good game to be fair, men against boys maybe but the boys are growing up fast, big thank you for the hospitality at St Day, the Club, pitch , changing rooms are all looking superb and from what I was told the further works going ahead will make it one of the best set ups around when finished. 

33 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

St Day 2 Vs 3 Mousehole Devs

Superb result for the young Mousehole team against a very strong St Day side, surprisingly good tempered game only 2 sin bins ( 1 for each team ) and 2 yellows maybe. 

Mousehole raced into and quick 2-0 lead with 2 nice finishes after some great football but were pegged back by an absolute unstopable strike from the St Day striker. 1-2 HT

Second half started with 10 minutes of St Day pressure which resulted in a bizarre scenario where a St Day player beat the keeper but it was saved on the Mousehole line inadvertently by another St Day player 🙈. Within minutes a quick break resulted in a neat pull back and a tidy finish for 3-1. Both teams had chances but then and absolute peach of a volley made it 3-2 ( Check out Mousehole Devs Twitter page for a superb video by Callum Spielberg )

Mousehole played 10 of last 15 minutes with 10 men after a sin bin but still stood strong despite St Day pressure to hold on for the win. 

Good game to be fair, men against boys maybe but the boys are growing up fast, big thank you for the hospitality at St Day, the Club, pitch , changing rooms are all looking superb and from what I was told the further works going ahead will make it one of the best set ups around when finished. 

Wouldnt say it was a peach but a good finish I was expecting a 30 yard screamer into the top bins

3 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

I thought the technique and execution were superb, young lad with confidence to take it on the volley at 3-1 took some balls 👍

It was certainly a good goal to get on target and keep under the bar from that range. I just expected a thirty yard pop into the top corner 

4 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

It was certainly a good goal to get on target and keep under the bar from that range. I just expected a thirty yard pop into the top corner 

Sorry il be more specific as to not get hopes up in future 😂😂. When I was playing if I scored that it would have been thirty yards out by now and after 6/7 pints 😂, thankfully phones only had snake back then 😂

St Day 2, Mousehole 3

Goals in the 8th and 21st minutes for Mousehole, St Day's 1st in the 30th minute ("Booner"). 2nd half goals in the 50th (1 - 3) and 52nd minutes, all well described in earlier posts. Very disappointing attendance, not even half of last week's against Illogan. Obviously a local derby outshines a top-two fixture!

Frozen stiff by half time up on the balcony. Needed the hot tea! Stayed inside for the 2nd half just to get and keep warm. Age is getting the better of me! Can't wait for St Day's "container" stands to be done - a home fan told me the word is they'll be in use before this season ends. Hope he's right. All St Day need to do then is get their toilets sorted out. No joke for old geezers of a certain age at the moment. Like they say about Camborne: "It'll be nice when it's finished"!

Expected a better game, really. St Day would have won if they'd converted as many of their chances as Mousehole did.

56 minutes and 50 seconds on my watch at the final whistle. Some time-wasting by Mousehole - their goalie was booked for it - and what might have been a spectacular overhead kicked equaliser in what turned out to be the last minute of play.