Mullion                              0-0          Sticker

Newquay                            2-1       Camelford

St Blazey                   1-2         Liskeard Athletic

Wendron United                3-0       Dobwalls

FA VASE, Fifth Round

Corsham Town       1-1        Brixham

(Corsham win 4-3 on pens)

NEWQUAY 2-1 CAMELFORD

This was a hard works 3 points for Newquay this afternoon ,Camelford started off looking like they had come to give Newquay goal in the first 10 mins Camelford had shot after shot at the Newquay goal but poor finishing and good defending and goalkeeping Newquay weatherd the storm and clicked into gear playing there fine passing game on a bumpy pitch .

Alex Cole was causing so much problem down the wing and put Newquay 1-0 up Brad Leivers put Newquay 2-0 up with a Bullet header i didnt think Camelford deserve to be 2-0 down at the break they player some lovely football and Charlie Hambly what a class player he is 

Alex Wharton got for Camelford and some of attacking had gone but Gusterson and Andy Boxhall tried as hard as they could ,Boxhall brought Camelford back into the game with a brilliant volley which gave Harry no chance at all i thought Camelford where going to get a equaliser which i thought they deserved but i expect someone will say different like they usually do but i thought they where very unlucky Reg has got a very good team there but Newquay ground out there 3rd game in a row which cant be bad .

Newquay had young Jasper Turner playing on his debut today he did ok but i rate Noah Teagle very highly ,but the young lad did alright .

Well done Newquay and Craig and his team but Regs Team did deserve something out of todays game .

My mom for Newquay Cam Turner a real captains performance great tackles great passing great player my mom for Camelford the no3 caused lots of problems for the Peppermints 

I thought the ref Mr Roper was excellent as was his assistants 

No game for Newquay next weekend so im taking a trip to St Blazey to see them play Bude and all the lovely people at Blazey always get a warm welcome there and the chips are lovely . 

Have a good week everyone and enjoy your footy and be nice to the officials without them we wouldnt have a game t watch 

23 minutes ago, Graham Deacon said:

Watched St Blazey v Liskeard, thought Liskeard played really well today and thoroughly deserved the win. Difficult to pick a man of the match for Liskeard as they all performed well. 

No 8 from Liskeard was outstanding, think he was called Harry but not sure. St Blazey couldn't cope with him and he's only a youngster.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Results for Saturday 11 February 2023
  • Dave Deacon pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Liskeard seem to raise their game against top sides, but have an unfortunate habit of dropping unexpected points against lesser sides. However, they definitely have more in the locker than other top teams in the league.

Not sure where they will finish, but think Liskeard the best footballing side in the league on top form. When all fit, Lorenz, Rowe and DJ are an attacking trio better than any locally at step 6. Really hope Lorenz back before too long!

St Austell 1 Launceston 0

The game was won with a goal inside the last 10 minutes, to give the home team the victory. The first half was even with very few chances for either side. Launceston had the best chance when a ball in from the left found their centre-forward with time and space inside the box and he (possibly Mark Elvidge) turned well but placed his shot too near to the home keeper Piran Jones (apparently on loan from Mousehole because St Austell’s keepers were unavailable), who made an instinctive, very good block. St Austell’s efforts on goal were a 25 yard effort from Neil Slateford that was easily gathered and a back healed effort by Harvey Hann, that again didn’t overly trouble the visiting keeper. 0-0 at halftime. 
The second half was more of the same, with both teams trying to play football, but the pitch was a bit bobbly and it didn’t help free flowing football and there were very few clear cut chances that I can remember. The decisive moment of the game came with 8 minutes left when St Austell’s Kieron Bishop dribbled past a couple of defenders and when one on one with the keeper he kept his composure and found the bottom left corner of the net. As the time ticked past 90 minutes it looked as though Launceston’s chance had gone, but in the 6/7 minutes of injury time they did get one last effort towards the target, when a cross from the visitors right hand side was met by Alfie Fothergill and his towering header went agonisingly close to the target. 1-0 final was the final score.

Launceston will feel as though they deserved a point, and it was hard to argue that they didn’t because the game had very few clear cut chances. Both teams contained lots of young players and St Austell had a couple of experienced ones in Neil Slateford and my old Penryn teammate, Damon Mulready. It was nice to see a couple of Probus lads, Martin Duff and Josh Penrose, playing and doing well, for St Austell, although Duffers went off with a nasty looking ankle injury midway through the second half.

Overall it was a decent game of football with two teams trying to play football, although the match lacked a bit of quality and composure on the balls at times. I thought the referee tried to allow play to flow as much as he could and he, and his assistants,  had good games. A good afternoon’s entertainment.

1 hour ago, Buggzy said:

liskeard completely dominated that game yesterday, should of been 4 up comfortably, made the league a lot more interesting with that result, mention the liskeard defence especially the full backs we’re absolutely superb.

Good reason why Liskeard need to get promoted. Sure Harvey Mullis and Harry Jeffrey would have come to the attention of step 5 clubs (believe Jeffrey has been involved at Tavi, and is signed on at Saltash and that Mullis plays for Truro U18's), just as Harry Bell was when Mousehole snapped him up.

1 hour ago, Buckland Jim said:

Only ten starters for Camelford... 

Will likely just be an issue with the system. Sometimes a player registered on the Whole Game System doesn't "sync" across so secretaries can't put them on their digital team sheet via Full Time or the FA Matchday App. Happens regularly and sometimes the player doesn't pull through very quickly. Often people see this and assume it's something untoward but usually is completely innocent. The paper team sheet can be used to verify.

18 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Yes i only saw 10 names in the list thought Newquay would of noticed when they where playing against them i think the player missing is Downing or Sleep i have contacted Camelford asking for the team list but no reply unlike Launceston who where brilliant identifying the photos for me 

The missing player Steve is Sam Watts and as suggested it's just a gremlin in the full-time system!

16 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Will likely just be an issue with the system. Sometimes a player registered on the Whole Game System doesn't "sync" across so secretaries can't put them on their digital team sheet via Full Time or the FA Matchday App. Happens regularly and sometimes the player doesn't pull through very quickly. Often people see this and assume it's something untoward but usually is completely innocent. The paper team sheet can be used to verify.

Ah, explains that one then. The wonders of technology eh?