Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League/League Cup Results - Saturday 11th February 2023

League results 102-04

Saturday 11th February 2023

Porthleven Reserves (Dan Parker, Jevon Pryce, Sam Freeman) 3-1 Rosudgeon (Kalon Mayes)

Att-30

RNAS Culdrose p-p Wendron United Thirds

St Agnes Reserves (???) 1-2 St Just (Chris Curnow, Caleb Marsden)

Att-???

League Cup Q-F (2pm)

Praze (Jack Mankee 2, Jacob Paul, Alex Zamaneagra) 4-4 (11-12 pens) Mawnan (Pete Cortez 2, Kevin Morris, Adam Keenan)

Att-???

Game of the weekend belongs to Praze v Mawnan. A fantastic article for the combination league. Both teams gave it their all for 120 minutes, and was completely end to end right up until the final whistle.

So much happened I can’t remember who got the goals! 

Some quality penalties in the shootout, and it took the same player to miss twice and a bit of good fortune for mawnan, the vintage Nancegollan bobble denying Praze a potential win, should’ve the best pen went in.

Best of luck to mawnan, a full strength side and used everyone in good order. The canaries only having 12 players with the managers named on the bench and a second team player stepping up to help out. The boys worked their absolute nuts off today so credit where credit is due.

The referee was very good today. Didn’t catch his name but we’ve had him before and has been consistent every time.

Onto next week!

42 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Game of the weekend belongs to Praze v Mawnan. A fantastic article for the combination league. Both teams gave it their all for 120 minutes, and was completely end to end right up until the final whistle.

Some quality penalties in the shootout, and it took the same player to miss twice and a bit of good fortune for mawnan, the vintage Nancegollan bobble denying Praze a potential win, should’ve the best pen went in.

Best of luck to mawnan, a full strength side and used everyone in good order. The canaries only having 12 players with the managers named on the bench and a second team player stepping up to help out. The boys worked their absolute nuts off today so credit where credit is due.

The referee was very good today. Didn’t catch his name but we’ve had him before and has been consistent every time.

Onto next week!

Mawnan had Luke wort and Harry mcmellon both in the dug out injured. Both regulars and 2 lads stepping up from the second team. Does that mean Mawnan weren’t at full strength either? 

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League/League Cup Results - Saturday 11th February 2023
1 hour ago, patch said:

Mawnan had Luke wort and Harry mcmellon both in the dug out injured. Both regulars and 2 lads stepping up from the second team. Does that mean Mawnan weren’t at full strength either? 

Not sure I get the point of your comment.. you had a strong 11, and 5 subs. The two names mentioned did feature in the game though am I right? 
You had more numbers and squad depth over Praze that’s for sure 👌

1 minute ago, ArseneWanger said:

Not sure I get the point of your comment.. you had a strong 11, and 5 subs. The two names mentioned did feature in the game though am I right? 
You had more numbers and squad depth over Praze that’s for sure 👌

1 of them came on for 2 minutes 

13 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Onto next week!

The player didn't miss. Keeper saved twice. Praze keeper also saved one and got done by a bobble for one but a slice of luck perhaps earned by mawnan by not giving up. Some quality spot kicks too from both sides. 

What a cup tie and a great game on perhaps the worst pitch in the league  Fair play to praze going at it for the whole 120 mins with only one sub. Mawnan stuck at it after blowing a 2 nil lead and praze turned it around from 2-3 down to make it 4-3 a couple youngsters from the bench for Mawnan did well and helped make it 4-4 to go into the shoot out. 

Agree ref was great today!