Hayle    3-1    Redruth United

Mousehole Development    7-2    St. Agnes

Penryn Athletic    0-8    Porthleven

St. Day    1-1    Illogan RBL

Truro City    0-0    Wendron United

League Cup Quarter-Final - Kick-off 2.00pm

Gunnislake    2-3    St. Dominick

Gunnislake 2-3 St Dominick

No goals in the first half, with the home side a bit quicker to the ball, although St Dominick did have the closest shot on goal.

St Dominick came out the sharper in the second half, and within a few minutes after a thumping shot was well saved by the keeper, the rebound was neatly tucked away to put them one up.

Gunnislake worked really hard to get back in the game, and twenty minutes in, Andre Rudukov volleyed in a fine equaliser. Shortly afterwards the same player put in a peach of a cross from the right, headed in at close range to put Gunnislake in front.

Gunnislake must be kicking themselves for letting the game slip in the last ten minutes, straight after they had scored, their defence opened up to let in St Dominick for the equaliser.

Extra time beckoned but it was not to be, as an ill judged push in the area gave the referee the simple decision to award a penalty to St Dominick, the chance duly taken, and a few minutes later came the final whistle.

Late on, Gunnislake had been aggrieved that they were not awarded a penalty themselves.

Overall a very close game.

A word of praise for the referee who imo as a neutral had a very good game, letting the game flow, a quiet authoritative word here and there, producing three or four yellow cards when necessary.

St Day 1, Illogan RGL 1

Not a game for the purist but a blood-and-thunder (as far as modern rules allow) encounter between two earnest rivals. Truro stay top but could have done with a win because now Truro's game in hand could be decisive. 0 - 0 at half time, St Day were attacking the clubhouse end for the 2nd half. I thought Illogan had shaded the first half but didn't capitalise on their dominance. It took a 2nd yellow for Tyler Oliver to change the game. Now, I don't criticise refs as a rule: the game needs every ref it can get; and I understand he was being assessed which would have accounted for some of his behaviour, and I look at the game through eyes that watched Chopper Harris and his ilk scything their way through the opposition, but I didn't see the challenge that got the second yellow as anything other than a 50/50 challenge. I was much further away than the ref, true. Still, off went a clearly distressed Oliver. that was around the hour mark and Illogan took the lead on 68, a right wing cross headed home by the boy Knuckey. 

The place to be was on the clubroom balcony as St Day's 10 men strived for an equaliser and the noise was like the F-Troop at Falmouth when a corner from the left was turned in by Tom Hogarth for an o.g. with 7 of the 45 minutes left - though when the final whistle blew my stopwatch showed 55 minutes!

Plenty going on. A rough head-count gave an estimate of 120+ not counting those sitting in the clubhouse watching the rugby (plebs!); sausages and chips were on sale in addition to the usual tea and coffee (£1); on the second pitch, St Day's 3rd XI was being beaten 5 - 2 by Constantine; evidence of work ongoing behind the clubhouse end of the pitch; the "new" carpark quite full - a real positive buzz!

All in all, an enjoyable afternoon's entertainment.

It wasn’t a corner that the equalizer came from it was a free kick and the ball ended up in the net but didn’t know who from .

It was nice to see something keep the Illogan keeper quiet for a few minutes 😂

17 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

St Day 1, Illogan RGL 1

Not a game for the purist but a blood-and-thunder (as far as modern rules allow) encounter between two earnest rivals. Truro stay top but could have done with a win because now Truro's game in hand could be decisive. 0 - 0 at half time, St Day were attacking the clubhouse end for the 2nd half. I thought Illogan had shaded the first half but didn't capitalise on their dominance. It took a 2nd yellow for Tyler Oliver to change the game. Now, I don't criticise refs as a rule: the game needs every ref it can get; and I understand he was being assessed which would have accounted for some of his behaviour, and I look at the game through eyes that watched Chopper Harris and his ilk scything their way through the opposition, but I didn't see the challenge that got the second yellow as anything other than a 50/50 challenge. I was much further away than the ref, true. Still, off went a clearly distressed Oliver. that was around the hour mark and Illogan took the lead on 68, a right wing cross headed home by the boy Knuckey. 

The place to be was on the clubroom balcony as St Day's 10 men strived for an equaliser and the noise was like the F-Troop at Falmouth when a corner from the left was turned in by Tom Hogarth for an o.g. with 7 of the 45 minutes left - though when the final whistle blew my stopwatch showed 55 minutes!

Plenty going on. A rough head-count gave an estimate of 120+ not counting those sitting in the clubhouse watching the rugby (plebs!); sausages and chips were on sale in addition to the usual tea and coffee (£1); on the second pitch, St Day's 3rd XI was being beaten 5 - 2 by Constantine; evidence of work ongoing behind the clubhouse end of the pitch; the "new" carpark quite full - a real positive buzz!

All in all, an enjoyable afternoon's entertainment.

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It wasn’t a corner that the equalizer came from it was a free kick and the ball ended up in the net but didn’t know who from .

Ironic you talking about noise,St Day are the noisiest team in the league every season but are always missing when the trophies are handed out

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY, 2023
34 minutes ago, CB34 said:

Ironic you talking about noise,St Day are the noisiest team in the league every season but are always missing when the trophies are handed out

They’ll be making a lot of noise at the end of the season if they get promoted. It’s a shame that Illogan can’t progress like they should or deserved to after all the recent success they’ve had. Exciting times ahead for St Day if they get promoted, regardless of trophies, and they seem to have a good structure behind them, which will put them in good stead, a bit like Wendron.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Thanks for correcting my account, Ronaldo. It was pretty crowded up on that balcony and tbh I couldn't see the kick and had assumed it was a corner. And yes, Barry was a bit quiet this afternoon. Wonder why?

20 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Ironically Illogan who have all the facilities can't because the pitch will not be big enough, because of the hedge in the corner by the road. Which as a player who has played for both clubs is a shame. Ambitions or no. Just another decision by FA on money related decisions.

The pitch size would certainly be a limiting factor, it's got to be a minimum of 100m x 64m for Step 6 and above but I believe that the requirement for floodlights would also be problematic because of the grounds location in a residential area.

4 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

The pitch size would certainly be a limiting factor, it's got to be a minimum of 100m x 64m for Step 6 and above but I believe that the requirement for floodlights would also be problematic because of the grounds location in a residential area.

Surely Steve it's no different to godolphin or Penryn, both right next to houses indeed godolphin is surrounded 

Saltash Borough 5 - 2 Torpoint Ath

Well, you can see why they've scored 81 goals in 18 league games! Looking at their shape in the opening period of the game it was like a 4-2-4 and they were pretty relentless. On 5mins a forward progressed into the box and fired over, but a late challenge brought him down for an early penalty, which was finished by Preece. Not sure if it was a penalty as I'm unsure on the rule now thanks to watching too much of the Premier League. His shot went over the bar and then a penalty is a 2nd bite of the cherry, no? But it was a clumsy tackle so no arguments with that part.

Their 2nd goal came from a long punt downfield which Henry Bunning didn't give up on, so much so he brought the ball back infield after it had gone out, got the ball across the box and Preece scored his 2nd. If there wasn't 20 people in the home dug out the linesman may have been able to see the ball was clearly out of play. Their 3rd was typical Henry Bunning. Bullishly drove into the box, sold the defender and worked a yard to fire into the corner. Can't remember if our goal was at 2-0 or 3-0 but a good finish from Charlie Stearnes after a nice pass put him through. We also hit the woodwork twice in the first half through Foster and Bryan, the latter having a better game leading the line. 3-1 HT.

Borough's 4th was a towering back post header from Elliot Dymond from a deep inswinging cross from the left hand side. Without jumping the lad is 6ft5 so no wonder he was hard to deal with aerially. A bullet header. We pulled another goal back for 4-2 around the hour after Will Larson did well to get past his man and get inside the box to squeeze the ball under the goalkeeper and inside the post. But then came the frustrating bit. From kick off a long ball downfield right from the restart and we didn't deal with it. Bunning again a menace drove inside the box, sold the defender to work a yard of space and fired another inside the far post. Probably 10 seconds of play between the two goals. 

Throughout the game we did play quite well to be fair. Created a few good shooting opportunities, kept the ball a lot better than previous games I've seen, helped by a nice 3G surface when the rest of the county is bobbly at this time of year. But defensively I'm not sure anyone in the league can deal with an unusual shape of 4 up front, with Bunning and Preece on 48 goals between them already. They could've had a couple more if it wasn't for a few superb saves from Harry Jackson in goal. 

On this form I can't see anyone stopping Borough to another league title. St Dom have been challengers in the past and will likely keep up the pace but simply aren't scoring the same number of goals as they have done previously. For us there were positives to take. A swing in fixtures for us now with only 2 games left against the top 6 and the majority being at home to hopefully finish the season strong. 

3 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Saltash Borough 5 - 2 Torpoint Ath

Well, you can see why they've scored 81 goals in 18 league games! Looking at their shape in the opening period of the game it was like a 4-2-4 and they were pretty relentless. On 5mins a forward progressed into the box and fired over, but a late challenge brought him down for an early penalty, which was finished by Preece. Not sure if it was a penalty as I'm unsure on the rule now thanks to watching too much of the Premier League. His shot went over the bar and then a penalty is a 2nd bite of the cherry, no? But it was a clumsy tackle so no arguments with that part.

Their 2nd goal came from a long punt downfield which Henry Bunning didn't give up on, so much so he brought the ball back infield after it had gone out, got the ball across the box and Preece scored his 2nd. If there wasn't 20 people in the home dug out the linesman may have been able to see the ball was clearly out of play. Their 3rd was typical Henry Bunning. Bullishly drove into the box, sold the defender and worked a yard to fire into the corner. Can't remember if our goal was at 2-0 or 3-0 but a good finish from Charlie Stearnes after a nice pass put him through. We also hit the woodwork twice in the first half through Foster and Bryan, the latter having a better game leading the line. 3-1 HT.

Borough's 4th was a towering back post header from Elliot Dymond from a deep inswinging cross from the left hand side. Without jumping the lad is 6ft5 so no wonder he was hard to deal with aerially. A bullet header. We pulled another goal back for 4-2 around the hour after Will Larson did well to get past his man and get inside the box to squeeze the ball under the goalkeeper and inside the post. But then came the frustrating bit. From kick off a long ball downfield right from the restart and we didn't deal with it. Bunning again a menace drove inside the box, sold the defender to work a yard of space and fired another inside the far post. Probably 10 seconds of play between the two goals. 

Throughout the game we did play quite well to be fair. Created a few good shooting opportunities, kept the ball a lot better than previous games I've seen, helped by a nice 3G surface when the rest of the county is bobbly at this time of year. But defensively I'm not sure anyone in the league can deal with an unusual shape of 4 up front, with Bunning and Preece on 48 goals between them already. They could've had a couple more if it wasn't for a few superb saves from Harry Jackson in goal. 

On this form I can't see anyone stopping Borough to another league title. St Dom have been challengers in the past and will likely keep up the pace but simply aren't scoring the same number of goals as they have done previously. For us there were positives to take. A swing in fixtures for us now with only 2 games left against the top 6 and the majority being at home to hopefully finish the season strong. 

Pretty fair account of the game although you and everyone there knows it was your dugout that caused the controversy over Henry's 'out/in' goal. We actually only had 6 people in our dugout, there were supporters around but everyone was either back against or behind the fence. Regardless of this the linesman was actually in front of our dugout and didn't have to look through anyone on our bench - he couldn't see down past yours because you had two coaches actually ON the pitch, a third on the line shouting threats at my players and subs out of the dugout too - the ref even spoke to you all about it and told you it was your bench that had totally blocked the linesmans view!

It's not right you trying to make out it was in some way biased officiating by my linesman and our fault when you clearly know it was your coaches causing the problems. 

9 minutes ago, Kvmccan said:

Pretty fair account of the game although you and everyone there knows it was your dugout that caused the controversy over Henry's 'out/in' goal. We actually only had 6 people in our dugout, there were supporters around but everyone was either back against or behind the fence. Regardless of this the linesman was actually in front of our dugout and didn't have to look through anyone on our bench - he couldn't see down past yours because you had two coaches actually ON the pitch, a third on the line shouting threats at my players and subs out of the dugout too - the ref even spoke to you all about it and told you it was your bench that had totally blocked the linesmans view!

It's not right you trying to make out it was in some way biased officiating by my linesman and our fault when you clearly know it was your coaches causing the problems. 

I haven't said anything to antagonise Kev, just my opinion. I haven't accused the linesman of bias, just said his view would've been blocked. I was the opposite linesman so I was the other side, so didn't see for myself. Usually decisions like that for either side it's obvious from body language and reactions which way a decision should go, so that's what I've gauged. You had far more than 6 people on your side, but we will raise that through the appropriate channels. 

48 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

I haven't said anything to antagonise Kev, just my opinion. I haven't accused the linesman of bias, just said his view would've been blocked. I was the opposite linesman so I was the other side, so didn't see for myself. Usually decisions like that for either side it's obvious from body language and reactions which way a decision should go, so that's what I've gauged. You had far more than 6 people on your side, but we will raise that through the appropriate channels. 

I'm fine with going though the appropriate channels if that's what you want to do as the game was recorded by one of those spectators for student purposes.

Yes there were spectators either side of the dugout - like there were some by the side of yours but they weren't in it and always kept back to the fence or behind it. I'm pretty sure some of the personal threats to Henry Bunning were captured too. He wanted to put it behind him (despite a member of his family having to hear that) but if you would like to go though 'appropriate channels' I'm more than happy too. 

I myself was happy to move on as it was a good game apart from that but I'm not going to agree with incorrect facts