Mount Ambrose               1-3     St Agnes 3rds

St Ives Mariners               0-1     St Keverne

DIVISION FOUR

Dropship Reserves           4-6     Penryn Athletic Reserves

Helston Raiders                2-0     Ruan Minor Community

Mullion 3rds                    0-1     Pendeen Rovers Reserves

Praze-An-Beeble Res       14-2   Storm

Wendron United 5ths       0-2     St Just Reserves

Mariners 0 st keverne 1. Cracking weather for football and a really good game of football,mariners missing several regulars against a very good saints side put up a fantastic performance and effort and were unlucky to get a point in the end,fair play to the away side who finished there goal well and thanks for coming back and supporting the pub.

Trelawny 1

St buryan 1 - Chacewater 6

*Standard complaint about long travel time. 

*Usual ***** comment regarding pitch or referee. 

Honestly, the score isn't a great representation of the game. 

Bare 11 today. 

We were the better team. but Buryan absolutely had chances and players that could have altered the score, on another day. Think we had 5?6?7 players out and expected things to be tricky. I understand St B are in the same boat. Respect to them getting a team out also. 

I'm not going to do a break down of the game. Just wanted to say their number 18 *didnt score one of the best goals I've ever seen. Lofted ball to our right corner of our box. He watched it over his shoulder and hit a volley looping and turning into the far top corner of the goal. Magnificent. Apparently offside. I can't say if that was the case or not. But hell up, a stunning strike. I literally didn't move. 

In other news we eventually started passing the ball and cut open the defense almost at will. Brendan Hitchens with 4 was a horror for stB back line once we worked out how to find him. 

Anyway. St Day next week, we're buzzing and can't wait to get back out there :),, 

You guys were deserved winners, half time thought we had a sniff but not to be. Tough times down west, hopefully our bare-bones squad make it through the season. Best of luck to you guys for rest of the season.

Ref did a good job too.

9 hours ago, rgkeep said:

Trelawny 1

Bare 11 today. 

We were the better team. but Buryan absolutely had chances and players that could have altered the score, on another day. Think we had 5?6?7 players out and expected things to be tricky. I understand St B are in the same boat. Respect to them getting a team out also. 

I'm not going to do a break down of the game. Just wanted to say their number 18 *didnt score one of the best goals I've ever seen. Lofted ball to our right corner of our box. He watched it over his shoulder and hit a volley looping and turning into the far top corner of the goal. Magnificent. Apparently offside. I can't say if that was the case or not. But hell up, a stunning strike. I literally didn't move. 

In other news we eventually started passing the ball and cut open the defense almost at will. Brendan Hitchens with 4 was a horror for stB back line once we worked out how to find him. 

Anyway. St Day next week, we're buzzing and can't wait to get back out there :),, 

Penzance Reserves 0-3 New Inn Titans (Penlee Park)

New inn titans entered this game, needing 4 points from their final 4 games to wrap up the league title. Currently sitting top of the league, 14 games and 42 points from 42. 

Shaunny had got the boys going in the warm up me then got them back in the changing rooms for his team talk. 

“Right boys, You know the drill, Route One!” 🤔🥱

No those words never came from his mouth. 

Titans hadn’t been at the top of the league by not being able to play some football, and also mix it up when needed. 

Physical, but fair and also some pretty football. Heart wins over talent that will win any game Shaunny said. 

He told the boys the formation he wanted and off we went, out on to the hallow Penlee park. 

With Johnny ‘The bull’ Jones missing, Isaacs went with Connor Arthur up top. 

And what a game this would turn out to be for Arthur. 

Game was started, weather was fresh, pitch was ok. 

Titans started fresh, and Connor up top looked very spiteful and keen. Running the whole of Penzance back line ragged and it was only 10 minutes in or so.

Big crowd, weren’t disappointed as shortly after, a ball won In the middle of the park, broke to Nico P, who slotted a ball behind the PZ left back, Jack Pacy by name and Pacy by Nature, got down the right hand side of the box, Played a ball across for Connor Arthur who from 6 yards out slotted home.  1-0 Titans 

The game was quite free slowing with Penzance trying to play some football and a couple of their youngsters looked sharp, and keen, Winger looked very and tidy and comfortable on the ball. 

Some balls played up to the Veteran PZ striker nearly got Penzance in behind but some great defending by the back line of Titans controlled by Captain Boz. 

Chats in goal, Hardly had a save to make and after a good battle between the 2 midfields, titans capitalised and Jack Pacy with another assist found Arthur alone in the box, with what seemed like a Eternity, Connor brought the ball down, and then smashed the ball into the net, just before half time, 2-0 Titans, and half time came.

Shaun got the boys back into the changing rooms, and had a few inspirational words.

“We’re 2-0 Up boys, and we are still disappointed, I love it boys!!!”

Second half kicks off…

Titans started the second half as they finished the first, putting pressure on the PZ back line, Connor was a Nuisance up top, Baber was the strength In midfield and Robert and Nico were the Oiled Cogs. The back 5 of Chats, Boz, Matt, Joshy and Jareth were commanding the titans half. And Pacy and Catt were constantly giving the Full backs grief. 

Penzance did get a foot into the game getting some decent possession for a period, but not enough to penetrate New inn, who kept a clean sheet. 

With about 10 to go, Pacy got his 3rd assist of the game, and Beale got his hat trick, with a good finish after 2/3 attempt in a row. 

Shaunny was very happy with the game and with a few players missing Titans yet again got their 15th win in a row in the league. 32 wins from 35 games in 2 seasons, 1 loss and 2 draws. 

Not bad for a “Route One” Team

Joint man/ men of the match with Pacy and Arthur picking up the honour. 

1 point needed to secure the league. 3 games to go.

UTT 🏆 

Rosudgeon res (1) vs Falmouth United (5)

Falmouth were looking for there first win 5 games and after our recent performance against New Inn Titans we need to take that Init this game. 

First half - Falmouth pressed hard created loads of chances but some amazing saves and poor finishing from their forwards. Rosudgeon grew into the game playing some liquid football (triangular) cutting the lines of Falmouth but again poor finishing from their forwards. 

Half time 0-0

Being spoken to by our coach at half time he wanted more from us in the first 10 minutes and it only took 4 minutes for Falmouth to go 1-0 up. Rosudgeon slowed down (for some unknown reason) and the gates open 2-0 then 3-0 all of a sudden Rosudgeon woke up and came back fighting (loudest player was their manager) 3-1 but then again decided to slow down, Falmouth took control again and went on to score 2 more.

Just want to say thank you to Rosudgeon and look luck to them for the rest of the season. 

want to say another thank you to the ref had a really good game for both sides 

On 22/01/2023 at 04:52, rgkeep said:

Trelawny 1

Bare 11 today. 

Welcome home Brendan.