Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results Saturday 21st January 2023

Results
Saturday 21st January 2023
Hayle Reserves 0-1 Helston Athletic Thirds (Fred Williams)
Att-25
Pendeen Rovers (Joe Davies) 1-0 Wendron United Thirds
Att-20
Porthleven Reserves (Dan Parker 3, Joe Bray 3) 6-3 St Agnes Reserves (Oliver Keveren 2, Ben Marks)
Att -58
RNAS Culdrose (Rauri McCartney) 1-1 St Ives Town (Louis Graham)
Att-15
St Day Reserves (Craig Young) 1-4 Praze (Andrew House, Jacob Paull, Jack Mankee, Alex Zamaneagra)
Att-16
St Just (Ashley Ellis 2, Neil Curnow, Ryan Ladd) 4-1 Mawnan (Luke Wort)
Att-40

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results Saturday 21st January 2023
  • Dave Deacon pinned this topic

Yesterday I took in Hayle 2nds vs Helston 3rds.  Perhaps naively thinking this might be a pasting for Hayle, and if Helston took their multitude of chances, the score line would of looked a lot different but credit were credit is due, Hayle worked their nuts off and showed some decent organisation at the back and in midfield to limit attacking options for Helston.

The only goal of the game coming in the 5th minute from Fred Williams, beating his man on the edge of the box and then sliding it past the on rushing keeper into the bottom corner, good composed finish.

Two stand out players yesterday, Helstons 16 year old left back and the young Hayle keeper, both had great games.

Considering Hayle 2nds nearly went under, it was great to see them have a team out and with subs.  From what I've seen of the combo this season and based on what I saw of Hayle yesterday, I can't see any reason why they couldn't pick some points up off of the teams around them.

Fair play to them for getting back on their feet and moving forward 👏 👏👏

Helston will be happy with 3 points but feel aggrieved they couldn't boost their goal difference (which they should have) as it looks like they could be in a 3 or 4 team race for the title this season and goal difference could be crucial.