Cornwall Football Forum

Find out more on the plans for the new π—§π—Ώπ˜‚π—Ώπ—Ό π—–π—Άπ˜π˜† 𝗙𝗖 π—–π—Όπ—Ίπ—Ίπ˜‚π—»π—Άπ˜π˜† π—›π˜‚π—―.

Invitation on Twitter :Β Truro City Football Club would like to invite everyone to Threemilestone Community Centre (TR3 6DP) on Tuesday 24th January from 5:30-7:30pm to discuss our plans for the new π—§π—Ώπ˜‚π—Ώπ—Ό π—–π—Άπ˜π˜† 𝗙𝗖 π—–π—Όπ—Ίπ—Ίπ˜‚π—»π—Άπ˜π˜† π—›π˜‚π—―.

Β 

And on Facebook, fromΒ  Dulcie Tudor CouncillorΒ Β 

I'm pleased to let you know Truro City Football Club has agreed with my request to engage with the local community and hold a public presentation/ consultation of their planning application for a (scaled down stadium) at Langarth.

It's happening at Threemilestone Community Centre Tuesday 24th January from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.

Representatives from the football club and the architects will be on hand to answer you questions and make sure any concerns are recorded.

I'll, of course, be there for the duration.

There'll be a number of displays with tea and coffee available.

I cannot stress this enough - THE LOCAL COMMUNITY MUST BE INVOLVED IN ANY LANGARTH RELATED DEVELOPMENT.

In this case it's especially important anyone involved in Threemilestone Football Club come along and ask how THEIR club is being considered in this project. As Cllr. for Threemilestone that is my priority.

I understand TCFC will be submitting their planning application by March with a view to be up and playing at the Langarth Stadium for the 2024 football season.

33 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Don’t think Threemilestone of the Trelawny League are going to be affected much by the homecoming of a side 7 divisions above them.Β 
Are they worried about players being poached? Supporters bypassing them in favour of Southern League football?Β 
Β 

It's more about the community rather than the team. TMS have had their pitcb taken away from them and now the Council are looking at building a ground for Truro City who will do next to nothing for the community.Β 

3 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Don’t think Threemilestone of the Trelawny League are going to be affected much by the homecoming of a side 7 divisions above them.Β 
Are they worried about players being poached? Supporters bypassing them in favour of Southern League football?Β 
Β 

If the overall plan regarding the Hub is for an all weather pitch I'm sure Threemilestone AFC will be more than interested to benefit from the idea!

2 hours ago, MattP said:

I presume that’s the 24/25 season?Β 

The big question (and worry) has to be - where do City and the Southern League team play their football after this season?Β 

Parkway already been approached to use the ground next season with some eye watering sums being chucked about for the pleasure or parkway allowing them another season on it.
Parkway can hold them to ransom really knowing there no other ground ( apart from say Tiverton ? ) they could use or get ready in time. Β 
There will also be some extra work needed to be done on the parkway ground if Truro get promoted I believe.Β 
At least Truro have a plan and a new ground in progress so that a positiveΒ 

55 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway already been approached to use the ground next season with some eye watering sums being chucked about for the pleasure or parkway allowing them another season on it.
Parkway can hold them to ransom really knowing there no other ground ( apart from say Tiverton ? ) they could use or get ready in time. Β 
There will also be some extra work needed to be done on the parkway ground if Truro get promoted I believe.Β 
At least Truro have a plan and a new ground in progress so that a positiveΒ 

If correct, hope the board at Parkway are thinking very long and hard about this. It might well be an eye watering sum, but at what footballing cost?Β 

After today's cancellation, it is getting close to fixture chaos in the 13 weeks left available. It is only mid January as well, still the potential for many more waterlogged or frozen pitches af Bolitho.Β 

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

If correct, hope the board at Parkway are thinking very long and hard about this. It might well be an eye watering sum, but at what footballing cost?Β 

After today's cancellation, it is getting close to fixture chaos in the 13 weeks left available. It is only mid January as well, still the potential for many more waterlogged or frozen pitches af Bolitho.Β 

Don't panic, last year was the same and all matches got played πŸ‘.Β 

Ozman is very quiet !

Β 

Β 

Β 

On the 20/09/22 on the new stadium for TCFC thread ,he was telling us speculation about the new ground was getting boring and "TRURO WILL BE PLAYING AT LANGARTH NEXT SEASON IN A GROUND THAT IS VERY SIMILAR TO PLYMOUTH PARKWAY."

Now we learn that the planning application hasn't even gone in yet.😁🀣

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

If the overall plan regarding the Hub is for an all weather pitch I'm sure Threemilestone AFC will be more than interested to benefit from the idea!

The big question (and worry) has to be - where do City and the Southern League team play their football after this season?Β 

Yes, especially with Parkway up against another fixture backlog for the second year runningΒ 

On 18/01/2023 at 08:58, St Darren said:

It's more about the community rather than the team. TMS have had their pitcb taken away from them and now the Council are looking at building a ground for Truro City who will do next to nothing for the community.Β 

Truro do nothing for the community?? Parochialism continues to hold Cornish sport back.Β 

On 18/01/2023 at 14:39, Way Of The Park said:

Any significant investment that allows Parkway to continue to develop their infrastructure has to be seriously considered. The club needs to continue looking at the long term picture. At some point Truro will be gone. In the mean time take the money!

I'm just back home after viewing the exhibition up at Threemilestone.

I'd really love to hear from any other Truro City supporters who have been there this evening with a view to sharing your thoughts with me for this week's Rappo & Deacs Friday Fix podcast.

Contact me please asap via my mobile 07759 502408

31 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Reading on ITV.com that it is "hoped" to have it ready to play on in summer 2024.

Β 

I’m not sure what happened to the idea of carrying out this project in two stages?

I thought it was a case of getting a grass pitch and ground up asap and then for the all-weather hub concept as and when further funding became available.

Now we’re told β€œIΒ understand TCFC will be submittingΒ their planning application by March with a view to be up and playingat the Langarth Stadium for the 2024 football season.”

So are the extra funds in hand to crack on as soon as this further planning request is passed?

Β 

53 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’m not sure what happened to the idea of carrying out this project in two stages?

I thought it was a case of getting a grass pitch and ground up asap and then for the all-weather hub concept as and when further funding became available.

Now we’re told β€œ

IΒ understand TCFC will be submittingΒ their planning application by March with a view to be up and playingat the Langarth Stadium for the 2024 football season.”

So are the extra funds in hand to crack on as soon as this further planning request is passed?

Β 

Their money + a Football foundation grant or something like that I would think.

Looking at the pictures it's going to cost a few quid.Β 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Now we’re told β€œ

IΒ understand TCFC will be submittingΒ their planning application by March with a view to be up and playingat the Langarth Stadium for the 2024 football season.”

Β 

Is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu?Β 

πŸ™ˆ

I would've expected a planning application to have been submitted, before this meeting was held (or at least, that's what I was hoping).

How much money do Truro have ? They seem to have endless amounts of it. All the Players on huge amounts, the manger on full time contract , they are offering parkway a huge amount to use the ground and help redevelop that and more huge amounts of money to build their own stadium. Β This from a team that gets about 80-90 people turn up to watch on a Saturday. Someone must have very deep pockets even make Plymouth argyle look like poor relationsΒ 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

How much money do Truro have ? They seem to have endless amounts of it. All the Players on huge amounts, the manger on full time contract , they are offering parkway a huge amount to use the ground and help redevelop that and more huge amounts of money to build their own stadium. Β This from a team that gets about 80-90 people turn up to watch on a Saturday. Someone must have very deep pockets even make Plymouth argyle look like poor relationsΒ 

Another very good question.Β 

8 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu?Β 

πŸ™ˆ

I would've expected a planning application to have been submitted, before this meeting was held (or at least, that's what I was hoping).

I think they would call the display last night a β€œPublic consultation” which is part of the process involving the public in providing views and feedback on a proposal which is being considered (presumably in this case by the Cornwall Council)

20 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think they would call the display last night a β€œPublic consultation” which is part of the process involving the public in providing views and feedback on a proposal which is being considered (presumably in this case by the Cornwall Council)

Not up to speed regarding Cornwall Council processes, and any local issues/concerns surrounding the development, but what is the thinking regarding timescales from submittion to approval? Would think that there is ample scope as well for queries, ammendments and additions to the application to come afterwards. These things are rarely as smooth or quick as hoped.Β 

Seems pretty much nailed on now that Truro City will be playing at Boiltho Park for the 2023/24 season, and the clock is now ticking on getting the new facility ready for the 2024/25 campaign. By way of comparison, step 2 Gloucester City's new ground (which looks similar in terms of capacity, grading and facilities) had a timeline from contruction commencement to first game being played of about 9 months. So it is possible.

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Not up to speed regarding Cornwall Council processes, and any local issues/concerns surrounding the development, but what is the thinking regarding timescales from submittion to approval? Would think that there is ample scope as well for queries, ammendments and additions to the application to come afterwards. These things are rarely as smooth or quick as hoped.Β 

Seems pretty much nailed on now that Truro City will be playing at Boiltho Park for the 2023/24 season, and the clock is now ticking on getting the new facility ready for the 2024/25 campaign. By way of comparison, step 2 Gloucester City's new ground (which looks similar in terms of capacity, grading and facilities) had a timeline from contruction commencement to first game being played of about 9 months. So it is possible.

9 months was quick, may be because they returned to The Meadow, which had been abandoned for years. Yet all the services were available, some concrete bases were still there and the pitch area. Perhaps a completely new build may take longer. The builders on here would know.

1 hour ago, Home Waters said:

9 months was quick, may be because they returned to The Meadow, which had been abandoned for years. Yet all the services were available, some concrete bases were still there and the pitch area. Perhaps a completely new build may take longer. The builders on here would know.

It will be done "Dreckly"Β πŸ€ͺ

An exhibition like that before making a planning application for a fairly major scheme is commonplace. The idea is that, if you have everything in place before making a planning application, then it should all go through more quickly and more smoothly once the plan is submitted. So nothing unusual on that score. However, planning can be a bit of a minefield, unpredictable and long-winded. I would love to see Truro back in their own city as soon as possible but it's not a given just yet. Fingers crossed for them.

49 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

If Truro were to get promoted, does anyone know what additional improvements would be needed to get Bolitho up to National South standard?Β 

Looking at requirements for step 2 (category B), the main thing is for the requirement to have 500 covered seats across at least 2 stands and a ground capacity of 3000.Everything else isΒ  pretty much covered already, or can be done quite quickly.

Perhaps, if the relevant authorities are assured that a step 2 facility would be ready for the 2024/25 season (Langarth) they may grant a grace period where Bolitho could be used.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2023 at 07:07, sportsman10 said:

A question I have often wondered/asked. With extremely low and poor attendances, understandably so when they are 55 odd miles away from their real home, how can they afford to spend the money they do, with next to no income. It must be draining someone's pockets!

15 hours ago, Jengles Judgements said:

A question I have often wondered/asked. With extremely low and poor attendances, understandably so when they are 55 odd miles away from their real home, how can they afford to spend the money they do, with next to no income. It must be draining someone's pockets!

Β 

You're right, things just don't add up. Don't know the fine details of the ground share agreement, so no idea what City get from gate revenues, match day draws or raffles, bar takings, food sales, pitch side advertising etc, etc. Would think that it's not much.

Assuming as well that the Cornish Pirates (owners of Truro City) are still up for sale. Unless of course new investors have been found, and are staying in the background for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2023 at 10:06, Way Of The Park said:

Β 

You're right, things just don't add up. Don't know the fine details of the ground share agreement, so no idea what City get from gate revenues, match day draws or raffles, bar takings, food sales, pitch side advertising etc, etc. Would think that it's not much.

Assuming as well that the Cornish Pirates (owners of Truro City) are still up for sale. Unless of course new investors have been found, and are staying in the background for now.

I have thought this for some time WOTP. Certainly from the outside, things just don't make sense. This is coming from someone who has been following Truro since the FA Vase winning season. I keep looking to see if there are any developments with regards to additional investment in either the Cornish Pirates or Truro City. Unless I've missed something, nothing yet (other than a Jersey based consortium getting involved at the Pirates in the last 2-3 years)!

• 1 month later...

Just seen the following on Facebook:-

β€œlearnt that as a result of the consultation evening at Threemilestone on January 24th. there were reservations about lack of community facilities apart from the 3G pitch. Β I have learnt that there will be a community meeting venue attached to the new ground facilities which has delayed the planning application Β but have been assured that the new ground will be ready by the season after next.”

On 18/04/2023 at 15:11, Dave Deacon said:

Just seen the following on Facebook:-

β€œlearnt that as a result of the consultation evening at Threemilestone on January 24th. there were reservations about lack of community facilities apart from the 3G pitch. Β I have learnt that there will be a community meeting venue attached to the new ground facilities which has delayed the planning application Β but have been assured that the new ground will be ready by the season after next.”

πŸ™ˆΒ I'm getting a sense of deja vu.Β 

I guest it's just a case of "wait and see".

Half term coaching? It’s a semi professional club!! It’s not Argyle. Maybe that’s a possibility for the future, but somebody somewhere is putting in a lot of money just for the club to survive. All efforts have to be focused on that for now. Are you willing to give up your spare time to help out or put some money in? It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior!

3 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Half term coaching? It’s a semi professional club!! It’s not Argyle. Maybe that’s a possibility for the future, but somebody somewhere is putting in a lot of money just for the club to survive. All efforts have to be focused on that for now. Are you willing to give up your spare time to help out or put some money in? It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior!

If the club want to go where they want to go and have better community backing then there jus no reason why this can't happen. TCFC would just need to organise it, pay for coaches to attend sessions for local kids. Its not difficult, training on a 3g pitch thst Truro City play on, kids would love that.Β 

The club have a shed load of rebuilding they need to do to get 'the community' back on board following what has happened in the past.Β 

The fact that a club like Truro City Football Club so not have any teams other then a first team and a second team shows how much they have neglected the local community.Β 

13 hours ago, St Darren said:

If the club want to go where they want to go and have better community backing then there jus no reason why this can't happen. TCFC would just need to organise it, pay for coaches to attend sessions for local kids. Its not difficult, training on a 3g pitch thst Truro City play on, kids would love that.Β 

The club have a shed load of rebuilding they need to do to get 'the community' back on board following what has happened in the past.Β 

The fact that a club like Truro City Football Club so not have any teams other then a first team and a second team shows how much they have neglected the local community.Β 

? Elaborate please.

I'm sorry, but for a club with no ground, how do you expect things to be? City Firsts are only playing at Blitho, due to money being thrown around. Reserves are at Tregye, thanks to Truro & Penwith College. Where would you expect a woman's team to play? Without a ground or facilities, how are they supposed to be a part of the local community?

For a man supposedly sat on the fence back on the City forum, you're very salty. Careful you don't get any on those splinters.

6 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

? Elaborate please.

I'm sorry, but for a club with no ground, how do you expect things to be? City Firsts are only playing at Blitho, due to money being thrown around. Reserves are at Tregye, thanks to Truro & Penwith College. Where would you expect a woman's team to play? Without a ground or facilities, how are they supposed to be a part of the local community?

For a man supposedly sat on the fence back on the City forum, you're very salty. Careful you don't get any on those splinters.

There's ways of doing it. 3g up at Truro College. There's a Truro City youth set up that use Kenwyn but not connected with the club!Β 

Its more about what they'll have in place in the future when they return to Truro.Β 

A football club needs to be a club and not just a team.Β 

Once upon a time there was a nice little community club in Truro. They plodded along in the southwest league and hardly anybody supported them. One day a ***** businessman comes along with a load of cash and sells a dream. A dream that was always going to need a new stadium, which this being Cornwall was always going to take a long time. However the club did jump to a new level and a lots of new fans jumped on board. Now that there has been delays to this grand vision, you constantly hear Truro fans saying they want their old community club back. A club that most of them never supported in the first place. Don’t even get me started on the ****** from TISA!! The club is pushing for promotion and has a fantastic stadium planned. Stop finding constant faults!