Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 17 January 2023

Laughable that Liskeard are pulling in Ryan Richards and Stuart Bowker for Cup games.

Even more laughable that they have a second team that allegedly works well with the first team, clearly not the case.

Win at all costs.

This is what nearly ruined the club 6-8 years ago when they nose dived. Built there way back up (the correct way) and now going back to square one.

10 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Laughable that Liskeard are pulling in Ryan Richards and Stuart Bowker for Cup games.

Even more laughable that they have a second team that allegedly works well with the first team, clearly not the case.

Win at all costs.

This is what nearly ruined the club 6-8 years ago when they nose dived. Built there way back up (the correct way) and now going back to square one.

This is what ruined Bodmin and see who's partly in control now 🙄

7 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Was it worth it though? Did they win? Bringing in two strikers when they have one of the best pairings in the league anyway isn’t a good look 

Yes the won, the ringers didn't score though. Liskeard players must be worried about their places in the team now though. 

4 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Was it worth it though? Did they win? Bringing in two strikers when they have one of the best pairings in the league anyway isn’t a good look 

Well they won, but ironically it was their central defender Dylan Peel that scored both goals!

Ryan Richards started, Stu Bowker came on as sub. Sam Borthwick in goal!

James Lorenz is injured and so they couldn't field the usual front pairing anyway. James Rowe is presumably suspended, as are I'm thinking Macauley Thorpe and Max Gilbert.

It's a shame outsiders are brought in but nearly everyone does it, Ryan and Bowks will have to hang around for a few more games to get their hands on any possible silverware - "No player shall be eligible to participate in the Final of this Competition unless, during the current season, he has played in a minimum of five competition matches for his Club." According to the County rules online.

Absolutely pointless. If there were regular players on the bench so Ryan Richards could be shoved in the team they be better of leaving and tell liskeard to stuff it  .  I really don’t understand it at all  .  The Cornwall senior cup use to be prestigious competition should be no allowance for players playing in higher league to just drop in play . What the point of liskeard 2nd team ???   

25 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well they won, but ironically it was their central defender Dylan Peel that scored both goals!

James Lorenz is injured and so they couldn't field the usual front pairing anyway. James Rowe is presumably suspended, as are I'm thinking Macauley Thorpe and Max Gilbert.

It's a shame outsiders are brought in but nearly everyone does it, Ryan and Bowks will have to hang around for a few more games to get their hands on any possible silverware - "No player shall be eligible to participate in the Final of this Competition unless, during the current season, he has played in a minimum of five competition matches for his Club." According to the County rules online.

As you say deacs all those players were either injured or suspended so gilby asked me to help I’ll always help him where I can he’s a very close friend to me they had 12 players yesterday don’t get the hang up on it from everyone been done by pretty much every team in non league football for as long as I’ve been playing and it will happen long after I stop playing if it was anyone else no one would bat an eyelid but because it’s gilby people want to jump on him don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

we were completely bare bones until yesterday with 11/12, 2nd team striker finn was 50/50 to play and with such a big game i don’t see the problem with them boys helping out! talking of 2nd team players jack podmore ran the show against a western league side! will gilbert come on and put a shift in as well, we thoroughly deserved the win tonight! every team brings in players, sour grapes by the looks of it once again, same as bowks said if it was anyone else not one thing would be said! up the blues👏🏻💰

2 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Win at all costs.

From the side that was fielded tonight Richards/Bowker/Borthwick helping out a depleted Liskeard side. 

No surprise when 6/11 regular STARTING players are injured or suspended in: James Lorenz and Luke Gwillam (injured), James Rowe, Max Gilbert, Macauley Thorp (suspended) and Harry Bell (just signed for Mousehole). Getting these players in to help when near enough every other side does it too isn’t a problem. 

As well as this, second teamers Jack Podmore, Liam Raglan, Finn Bartlett, Will Gilbert all in the squad, with Jack Podmore starting, Will Gilbert and Liam Raglan coming on, all 3 put in a great shift👏🏻 so please get your facts right.

Well done Liskeard, dominated the game really and a deserved win and into the semis👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Football Follower 456 said:

From the side that was fielded tonight Richards/Bowker/Borthwick helping out a depleted Liskeard side. 

No surprise when 6/11 regular STARTING players are injured or suspended in: James Lorenz and Luke Gwillam (injured), James Rowe, Max Gilbert, Macauley Thorp (suspended) and Harry Bell (just signed for Mousehole). Getting these players in to help when near enough every other side does it too isn’t a problem. 

As well as this, second teamers Jack Podmore, Liam Raglan, Finn Bartlett, Will Gilbert all in the squad, with Jack Podmore starting, Will Gilbert and Liam Raglan coming on, all 3 put in a great shift👏🏻 so please get your facts right.

Well done Liskeard, dominated the game really and a deserved win and into the semis👍🏻

23 minutes ago, The Turk said:

we were completely bare bones until yesterday with 11/12, 2nd team striker finn was 50/50 to play and with such a big game i don’t see the problem with them boys helping out! talking of 2nd team players jack podmore ran the show against a western league side! will gilbert come on and put a shift in as well, we thoroughly deserved the win tonight! every team brings in players, sour grapes by the looks of it once again, same as bowks said if it was anyone else not one thing would be said! up the blues👏🏻💰

Embarrassing 🤣

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 17 January 2023
3 minutes ago, The Turk said:

no one takes any notice of you to be fair mate, keep on throwing the nibbbles out your boring🎣 on a positive note what a great shift specially from the two 17 year olds harvey & harry jeffery’s absolutely outstanding👏🏻👏🏻

You just did 😂

Embarrassing hollow victory 🤣

Although Liskeard were my tip to win the league, in all seriousness, it would appear they do need to sign some more permanent players of the necessary standard in order to finish in the top 4 as they seem to have a small squad, a number of injuries and discipline issues which is impacting on consistency in the league. St Blazey and Wendron are consistent, Wadebridge are becoming more consistent, Bude are making signings, and Newquay are starting to pick up a head of steam. I think tonight’s win covers up their shortcomings in the league. It’s definitely an exciting league this year, and the Senior Cup may produce further upsets.

24 minutes ago, The Turk said:

no one takes any notice of you to be fair mate, keep on throwing the nibbbles out your boring🎣 on a positive note what a great shift specially from the two 17 year olds harvey & harry jeffery’s absolutely outstanding👏🏻👏🏻

I couldn’t make the game unfortunately but was told the same. Harvey Mullis & Harry Jeffries were superb tonight & still only 17. As well as peel & Sam Hill. By the sounds of things Liskeard were thread bere & did what they had to do to field a competitive team. I don’t see the issue as there was no regulars dropped for said ‘ringers’

This thread has rattled a few. The forum is too often a bashing session nowadays. Bude, Liskeard and Bodmin always getting pelters from fishermen accounts. 
Anyone know if this cup has a minimum appearances required to play in a particular round? If the next round is the Semi Final then I imagine there will be and Liskeard's numbers will have increased. No harm done if all done within the rules of the competition. 

The question I have is if they were playing a side from their own league would they still have called these players up? Or would they have used their second team more? The fact it was millbrook and going to be a tougher game may have impacted the decision to ask these lads to come along. 
until the rules have change with multi signing nothing is wrong with this it’s just a shame it’s so easy to pull players in. 

So rather than being punished because they have a poor disciplinary record and they should be missing key players for a big match . It doesn’t really matter as you just go out and get in players from the league above. It’s still a mockery of the cup sorry.

Other teams patch together a side from their regular team and get out there . 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

So rather than being punished because they have a poor disciplinary record and they should be missing key players for a big match . It doesn’t really matter as you just go out and get in players from the league above. It’s still a mockery of the cup sorry.

Other teams patch together a side from their regular team and get out there . 

As far as I’m aware they had one suspension the rest were ALL INJURIES and Harry Bell has just left to go to Mousehole so not really anything to do with discipline is it?? It’s abit like when teams in the pro game have an injury crisis and they’ll get a player in on loan for a few months no difference is it really?? Wasn’t too long ago was playing for Stoke Gabriel and Plymouth argyle were in the league Graham Carey and a few others rocked up to play in a swpl game as they were suspended from playing in their first but were allowed to play in our league think Carey scored 5 or 6 and we lost 12-0 that night lol rules are the rules you might not like them but it is what it is 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2023 at 23:17, Dave Deacon said:

No one will care or remember about tonight when Liskeard pick up the cup :thumbsup:

Not this season by the sounds of it! 😂

On 18/01/2023 at 10:54, Stu B said:

As far as I’m aware they had one suspension the rest were ALL INJURIES and Harry Bell has just left to go to Mousehole so not really anything to do with discipline is it?? It’s abit like when teams in the pro game have an injury crisis and they’ll get a player in on loan for a few months no difference is it really?? Wasn’t too long ago was playing for Stoke Gabriel and Plymouth argyle were in the league Graham Carey and a few others rocked up to play in a swpl game as they were suspended from playing in their first but were allowed to play in our league think Carey scored 5 or 6 and we lost 12-0 that night lol rules are the rules you might not like them but it is what it is 🤷🏼‍♂️

Like you say rules are the rules and by all accounts Liskeard are kicked out of the cup.  You may not like it but it is what it is, just take your medicine 😂😂😂😂