Saltash United          P-P              Barnstaple Town

15:00    

Ashton & Backwell Utd     P-P     Ilfracombe Town

Helston Athletic           P-P             Street

Keynsham Town         P-P        Torpoint Athletic

Mousehole                  P-P              Welton Rovers

Shepton Mallet         P-P             Sherborne Town

Wellington                P-P              Falmouth Town

Maybe I’m being unreasonably optimistic but I reckon in the far west we might have a few games on tomorrow afternoon - the storm should have passed through by 9-ish and there will be plenty of wind around to help dry the pitches during the day (not underestimating the likelihood of a wipeout further east and up country though). 

11 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Maybe I’m being unreasonably optimistic but I reckon in the far west we might have a few games on tomorrow afternoon - the storm should have passed through by 9-ish and there will be plenty of wind around to help dry the pitches during the day (not underestimating the likelihood of a wipeout further east and up country though). 

Penzance called early, never a good sign as Penlee drains reasonably well, fingers would have to be very crossed if a mornings wind will dry a fortnights rain. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

2 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Penzance called early, never a good sign as Penlee drains reasonably well, fingers would have to be very crossed if a mornings wind will dry a fortnights rain. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

1-0 to you Mr C - my optimism proving unfounded. Would be nice to actually go to a Saturday afternoon home game though - December & January beginning to feel more like a mid-season break than the football season. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES ALL POSTPONED - Saturday 14 January 2023

Just a very quick thank you to the Barnstaple Town chairman who I spoke to yesterday and although i planned to inspect at 830am it was earlier than that as I know they had fans planning on getting a train down hence why I travelled over early and perhaps caught everyone out by P-P with the referee by 815.

He’s clearly a passionate local football supporter and his understanding and support of my position-  trust me is rare. So Bill at BTFC thank you and see you possibly around Easter after all!