Cornwall Football Forum

Bude January Signings!?

As a keen supporter of bude I am delighted for them, I hear there’s a few people keen on the project they’re planning to build, not just on the pitch but off it. I’m pretty sure Gabby is working with one of the managers and is playing football for them aswell, I know alot of people will say about money but Gabby was homesick and I guess he thought to come back and be offered a job he would return the favour by playing football, I have no idea of the money involved but fair play to the bloke. This standard is a few steps under than what he’s used to and I’m sure he will strive from it. He’s young and there’s still time for him to go places in football but I guess he believes in the project. Orlando is the same, a young player who has the massive potential to go places, again I don’t know what money he is on but again, fair play to the lad, I know personally bude have a great bunch of lads and a loyal fan base, yes there’s many aspects to their ground and facilities than can be improved but they have ambition and that is the selling point for a lot of players. I, personally, wish them all the best in the world and wish them every success because they are a great club.

Saw Gabby Rodgers a few times when he was on loan at parkway. Looked a very good player but didn’t always have the greatest attitude. Why you give up playing for Kidderminster to go and play at bude is very odd decision. even if bude are apparently paying him 450 a game. 
Guess bude are trying to make  a real push for promotion 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

to go and play at bude is very odd decision

Being home sick is a fair enough reason.

Regarding a top four position and important matches to come, well they’ve got Wadebridge at home and out of their four away games left they’ve got Liskeard, St Blazey and Wendron and so you could say it’s in their own hands to give it a good go!

The big question is probably as much to find out what’s happening with the ground being up to requirements.

With regards to the Orlando Anker signing, I understand he messaged at least one Cornish Western League club last week enquiring about signing for them.

The current top of the table situation:-

image.png

Surly there a plan to bring the ground up to scratch. ? Don’t see the point in paying out tons of money on players  to effectively not be able to move the club on. 
Let’s be honest it’s a cow feild of a pitch and  needs tons of work.  They’re not a great deal of people coming through to watch home games. Really hope they don’t get into a goldolphin  situation 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Saw Gabby Rodgers a few times when he was on loan at parkway. Looked a very good player but didn’t always have the greatest attitude. Why you give up playing for Kidderminster to go and play at bude is very odd decision. even if bude are apparently paying him 450 a game. 
Guess bude are trying to make  a real push for promotion 

£450 A GAME!!! Did I read that correct?

Cleaning my glasses to make sure it didn't actually read, £45 a game. 

34 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Surly there a plan to bring the ground up to scratch. ? Don’t see the point in paying out tons of money on players  to effectively not be able to move the club on. 
Let’s be honest it’s a cow feild of a pitch and  needs tons of work.  They’re not a great deal of people coming through to watch home games. Really hope they don’t get into a goldolphin  situation 

I tend to agree. The pitch is not great, but that can be rectified, but it also needs to be maintained, which costs a lot of time and money year on year. From the outside, their intentions seem good, but I believe it’s a case that they trying to run before they can walk. The successful clubs these days, tend to be one’s building club foundations. Signing players who have a tendency to move clubs at a drop of a hate for either a bit more money or possible success when they become available, is a recipe for club instability in the near future.

To be fair it’s no one’s business where Bude are getting the money from, they seem really ambitious and now is the time to make a push if you’re going to, a January transfer window if you like!? I think the only problem anyone would have is if the facilities don’t improve there to the detriment of splashing out on a few players which would seem foolish to be honest. They’re not the only team chucking a few quid at it to be in the top 4 at the end of the season, no ambitious club want to miss out really for another season do they? Ben said it would all be done by 31st March so he’s innocent until proven guilty isn’t he, no one can really have a go until then I don’t think!? Not everyone can be a Wendron and copy their model of success. That’s taken Peter and his band of helpers a lot of years to achieve. Makes it all the more interesting, to see it all unfold between now and May doesn’t it! Be a few more talking points yet no doubt 👍👏🏼

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

To be fair it’s no one’s business where Bude are getting the money from, they seem really ambitious and now is the time to make a push if you’re going to, a January transfer window if you like!? I think the only problem anyone would have is if the facilities don’t improve there to the detriment of splashing out on a few players which would seem foolish to be honest. They’re not the only team chucking a few quid at it to be in the top 4 at the end of the season, no ambitious club want to miss out really for another season do they? Ben said it would all be done by 31st March so he’s innocent until proven guilty isn’t he, no one can really have a go until then I don’t think!? Not everyone can be a Wendron and copy their model of success. That’s taken Peter and his band of helpers a lot of years to achieve. Makes it all the more interesting, to see it all unfold between now and May doesn’t it! Be a few more talking points yet no doubt 👍👏🏼

So true, Rappo! 

People never seem to like when someone new comes on the scene as it breaks the mould of the “normal” clubs who are trying to succeed. Imagine teaching your kids that there are ceilings in life? 

There’s been a bit of an agenda against Bude all season tbh - including with their discipline. Again, none of that seems to adds up as their disciplinary record must be one of the better out of the top 6! The irony that Liskeard seemed to be the most vocal about it? Would be interesting to see the official stats for this! 

Like you said, makes an interesting end to the season. 

According to the current league disciplinary table, of the 16 teams in the league Liskeard are 11th and Bude 15th just above bottom club Callington

33 minutes ago, Blues1995 said:

There’s been a bit of an agenda against Bude all season tbh - including with their discipline. Again, none of that seems to adds up as their disciplinary record must be one of the better out of the top 6! The irony that Liskeard seemed to be the most vocal about it? Would be interesting to see the official stats for this! 

14 minutes ago, We Two said:

According to the current league disciplinary table, of the 16 teams in the league Liskeard are 11th and Bude 15th just above bottom club Callington

Bude are filthier than I thought! Fair play - not a lot in it!

Not sure how St Dennis are not bottom on 6 reds? Surely they should weigh much more heavily than yellows

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Thanks rappo, yep we’ve got tradesman up there most days now , floodlights going up on 17th new fencing around the pitch and new seated area being built so will make sure it’s all done by 31st 👌

3 hours ago, Ben potter said:

Thanks rappo, yep we’ve got tradesman up there most days now , floodlights going up on 17th new fencing around the pitch and new seated area being built so will make sure it’s all done by 31st 👌

will take some quality tradesmen to sort them toilets and pitch out 💩 

14 minutes ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Nice bit of promotional marketing by Bude here with regards the signing Gabby Rogers.

I would be surprised if he played at all this season for Bude. 

Nothing wrong with a bit of publicity for a club working so hard on and off the field to be better.

His 1st game next Saturday home to st Austell 👌

1 hour ago, Blues1995 said:

More Liskeard saltiness? So negative all the time. Obsessed a bit.

Where’s LiskeardSaltyTears when you need him? 

not associated with liskeard i’m afraid. you abit obsessed yourself? need to relax i’m sure he’ll get you top 4 collecting his 450 a game🤞🏻💰 

Again everyone laying into a young lad signing for Bude and the club itself for trying to make progressive steps. Fair play to them, hopefully their vision behind the scenes matches this and the club can continue to grow. 

Why not try be supportive of an ambitious Cornish club and get behind them? Who knows might see them progress with the likes of Falmouth, Mousehole and Helston. Cornish football might get a bit of a hold on leagues above step 5, I’d say that would be a good thing for grassroots football across  the county no?

I’m a loyal Liskeard fan & must admit I hated going up Bude a few weeks back. Poor facilities. Team of thugs & the stone island brigade abusing everyone in the ground. 
but…. I’ll take my hat off to them. There signings with intent. I was convinced the top 4 would’ve been blazey. Wendron. Wadebridge & Liskeard. But this has certainly ruffled a few feathers. IF they both turn up & turn it on they can win games by themselves. Just like the boy Allen at blazey. Way too good for this level. However I look at it it’s gonna make an interesting end to the season that’s for sure! 

Are these signings actually going to stick around tho ? Rodgers already dual signed with other higher league clubs and can’t really see him sticking around once he turns out for other clubs.   . And Orlando anker has  had more team tracksuits than sports direct.  Great promotion for bude on social media I guess. Still blazey or wendron for me for the league. 

I’m thinking blazey will win the league by 6 points atleast. 

why are people saying that Gabby Rogers won’t play for bude just because he has dual registered with Willand. Again, he’s a young lad who wants to play and enjoy his football. Why wouldn’t he sign for another team to play when Bude don’t have a game? I’m pretty sure river Allen has played for saltash and Tiverton this year but still having blazey as his main club, and fair play to him! 

On 12/01/2023 at 10:07, Ben potter said:

U don't need to explain Ur plans to anyone it's better when people r kept in the dark it makes the rumours on here far more interesting 🤣🤣