Cornwall Football Forum

Some thoughts out of Barnstaple …

Interesting words in the Barnstaple chairman’s round up for the week which is available to read elsewhere online… 

“And so to Monday; when we host the current league leaders, Saltash. It will be a stern test and give us another indication as to where we are when compared to those teams above us. I am looking forward to meeting their chairman after his massive decision to cut his playing budget by 50% whilst top of the league. It was such a brave and courageous decision and one that I admire and respect. As far as I know they have not lost any players so I expect them to be chasing the title along with Bridgwater and Mousehole.”

40 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Interesting words in the Barnstaple chairman’s round up for the week which is available to read elsewhere online… 

“And so to Monday; when we host the current league leaders, Saltash. It will be a stern test and give us another indication as to where we are when compared to those teams above us. I am looking forward to meeting their chairman after his massive decision to cut his playing budget by 50% whilst top of the league. It was such a brave and courageous decision and one that I admire and respect. As far as I know they have not lost any players so I expect them to be chasing the title along with Bridgwater and Mousehole.”

Assuming that none of The Ashes players are on contracts.