Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash Utd announce some managerial news

As it appears on the Saltash Utd website

CARTS INTO MANAGEMENT, NEW SET UP FOR DUCHY SIDE

30 December 2022

0098.jpg

We are delighted to confirm that Adam Carter has stepped up into our first team managerial ranks for the remainder of the 2022/23 season. ‘Carts’ has hit the ground running since signing for the Ashes in the summer, notching up 10 goals in 14 appearances across all competitions. 

With a wealth of knowledge and experience in the local game and his ongoing ability, Adam is the perfect choice to help lead the first team to success across the 3 competitions which await in 2023. He is appointed as Joint Assistant Manager alongside Lee Bevan with immediate effect. 

Our Toolstation Western League side start 2023 as leaders of the Premier Division, quarter-finalists in the Cornwall Senior Cup and are still in contention in the Les Phillips Western League Cup.  

As already announced in early December, former third team manager Lewis Challen steps up to take on the challenge of the last 13 games off the Kernow Stone St Piran League season, with former reserves assistant Pete Jefford as Joint Manager. They will be assisted by Scott Holt to guide our side as high as possible into the second half of the season.

Glynn Mitchell and Chris Warren have stepped up from Saltash United Juniors U18’s to fill the vacant Third Team managerial vacancy for the remainder of our Duchy League Premier Division season, as well as the ongoing Ashes attack on the Cornwall FA Junior Cup which resumes against Dropship on Saturday 14th January. With this appointment we are hopeful of building a strong pathway for the Juniors to progress into the adult game at Saltash United, and confident that our third team will provide the pathway needed for years to come.

The club would like to welcome everyone into their new roles going into 2023,  and wish them all the success in the red and white. We urge Ashes supporters far and wide to support all of our sides into the new year and beyond!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Saltash Utd announce some managerial news
10 hours ago, Hetty said:

Why have Saltash United turned off reply’s on their Twitter page? 

This is temporary. Fed up with Bob Jones or Curtis Clown accounts trying to undermine the hard work going on behind the scenes at the club. Which obviously no one sees. Just giving us a break for a minute 

10 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Another odd decision now have  2 people  managing the squad who will both continue to play. All on top of the player budget slashed by 50 per cent.  Be proper test if teams start circling around the better players with better money on offer. 

Our player budget has not been ‘slashed by 50%’. It is agreed at the beginning of the season and can’t change half way through that would be ludicrous. No idea where you got that from

15 minutes ago, theboyweeso said:

This is temporary. Fed up with Bob Jones or Curtis Clown accounts trying to undermine the hard work going on behind the scenes at the club. Which obviously no one sees. Just giving us a break for a minute 

Our player budget has not been ‘slashed by 50%’. It is agreed at the beginning of the season and can’t change half way through that would be ludicrous. No idea where you got that from

A rival chairman! See 

I wouldn’t admit to being on that committee! You guys make the government look organised!

Don’t you pay the budget in two payments? So the players could easily get to the end of the season and be told they’re being paid something else. 

what if you get to the end of the season and don’t have the money? 

let’s be honest you publicly stated you want to take promotion before telling your last two managers something different. Wouldn’t be the first time Saltash have moved the goal posts.  

38 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I wouldn’t admit to being on that committee! You guys make the government look organised!

Don’t you pay the budget in two payments? So the players could easily get to the end of the season and be told they’re being paid something else. 

what if you get to the end of the season and don’t have the money? 

let’s be honest you publicly stated you want to take promotion before telling your last two managers something different. Wouldn’t be the first time Saltash have moved the goal posts.  

Aaaand here we go…. Thanks Hetty. I do my best just like everyone else at the club and many clubs in Cornwall. I don’t see the need to be so obnoxious with that comment. 
I’ve already answered the question on the playing budget. It gets paid. Just like any other club out there. Not sure if there’s another question in the above or just a statement on how you perceive things but clearly whatever I say isn’t going to make you see things differently is it?

I’m asking what happens if you don’t have the money at the end of the season?

Also will the players be paid what was agreed at the start of the season?

There you go that’s 2 questions!  SUFC have hardly got a good track record of late have they? 

not sure why your on the defensive?  It’s a pretty straightforward question.  If you don’t like the line of questioning I’m not sure why you have invited questions 

1. Yes we have the money.

2. Yes- including players during the season if needed.

I’ve stayed very quiet on this for several personal reasons- but in conjunction with Dan he and I with the committee have the money safe and payment of players is guaranteed for season 2022-23. 

The budget is in part of discussion for season 2023-24 steering committee. That remains fluid as we don’t know things like fuel costs for home games plus fuel for coach games away. But name any business/manager who isn’t looking at all costs currently and going ‘huh’. 

I’ll take personal threats  that I don’t know what I’m doing- but if I walk away with Saltash United AFC intact in any step 4/5/6 league compared to some clubs in my football life like Bridgwater Town, Bugle,St Austell,  Dawlish Town  and even Exmouth Town and Tiverton Town who bust to go high at some point- then so be it. 

1 hour ago, Hetty said:

I’m asking what happens if you don’t have the money at the end of the season?

Also will the players be paid what was agreed at the start of the season?

There you go that’s 2 questions!  SUFC have hardly got a good track record of late have they? 

not sure why your on the defensive?  It’s a pretty straightforward question.  If you don’t like the line of questioning I’m not sure why you have invited questions 

‘I wouldn’t admit to being on that committee! You guys make the government look organised!’ is the reason why I’m defensive. Not a great opening sentence.
I said I would answer genuine questions. I answered your two questions above despite your abrupt approach. I didn’t have to do that. My answers remain the same regardless of how many times you ask them.

6 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

1. Yes we have the money.

2. Yes- including players during the season if needed.

I’ve stayed very quiet on this for several personal reasons- but in conjunction with Dan he and I with the committee have the money safe and payment of players is guaranteed for season 2022-23. 

The budget is in part of discussion for season 2023-24 steering committee. That remains fluid as we don’t know things like fuel costs for home games plus fuel for coach games away. But name any business/manager who isn’t looking at all costs currently and going ‘huh’. 

I’ll take personal threats  that I don’t know what I’m doing- but if I walk away with Saltash United AFC intact in any step 4/5/6 league compared to some clubs in my football life like Bridgwater Town, Bugle,St Austell,  Dawlish Town  and even Exmouth Town and Tiverton Town who bust to go high at some point- then so be it. 

What personal threats have you had please?