Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF BOXING DAY DERBY: MOUSEHOLE V HELSTON ATHLETIC

Piran

47 minutes ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

Excellent highlights as always! Mousehole very lucky helston missed so many chances. Looked an obvious foul on the defender for the 1st goal

Not obvious you cant see the ball or contact player could have easily won the ball.only two that started complaining was the guy that lost it and his mate. steve Massy didnt consider it a foul in his commentry and hes a Helston man

1 hour ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

Excellent highlights as always! Mousehole very lucky helston missed so many chances. Looked an obvious foul on the defender for the 1st goal

Thank you. I didn’t think it was a foul either at the time but, having seen it again, I’m not so sure.

8 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Once again the Helston keeper makes a costly error(2nd goal) and a foul for the first goal not given ! 
2 Average teams on a really wet surface.

mousehole can do a lot better than that and Helston need a striker

Can’t really argue with any of the points you make.I was surprised to see Rikki Shepherd come off so early in the game. Call me old fashioned, but I am a great believer in starting  a game with your best 11 players. I know there have been games where players have made an impact coming off the bench. 

10 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Not obvious you cant see the ball or contact player could have easily won the ball.only two that started complaining was the guy that lost it and his mate. steve Massy didnt consider it a foul in his commentry and hes a Helston man

The sound went different for a bit, so whether the editor had to cut out what Mr Massey said due to it being explicit we don't know!! 

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

The sound went different for a bit, so whether the editor had to cut out what Mr Massey said due to it being explicit we don't know!! 

No, I wanted to cut out the music from the tannoy because of the copyright restrictions 

13 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Once again the Helston keeper makes a costly error(2nd goal) and a foul for the first goal not given ! 
2 Average teams on a really wet surface.

mousehole can do a lot better than that and Helston need a striker

Second half of the Western League season should be quite interesting. Mousehole (on a long unbeaten league run since August) and Shepton Mallet well placed to apply pressure on the second promotion position, especially if Saltash do suffer a post Krac reaction. Agree with what you say about Helston, still feels like a side that Matt Cusack is developing. Rikki Shepherd hasn't quite been the player that he was at Millbrook (perhaps still getting over the long term injury he had last season), and Rubin Wilson seems to have faded after a good start. He's not scored in the league since October.

Rubin wilson hasn’t scored a league goal since october?? obviously you don’t keep up to date with helston as he scored 2 v welton in november and 1 vs clevedon in november. He hasn’t scored in december but to be fair many games haven’t been played. I always keep an eye on him as he’s from my home town st austell! 

great highlights, a good game played the right way by two good footballing sides. Mousehole missed a couple of good chances in the first 15mins then Helston missed three good chances after taking control for the next twenty. Second Half Mousehole took control and scored three unanswered goals to take all three points. Very heavy conditions as a lot of rain prior to kick off well done to both sides and the 274 who came to watch