Elmore                             0-5     Cullompton Rangers

Holsworthy                      0-1     Okehampton Argyle

Newton Abbot Spurs       4-0     Teignmouth

WEST

Dobwalls                          3-3     Liskeard Athletic

Launceston                       2-1     Callington Town

Wendron United              3-1     Mullion

Dobwalls 3-3 Liskeard

Wet and windy conditions at Lantoom saw 6 goals and a red card. Dobwalls went 1-0 up on 5 minutes after stand in custodian Duffey due to Liskeard’s No.1 Gwillam being injured gave the ball to Gilbert who lost the ball on the edge of the box, and Hogan finished past the keeper.

Liskeard grew into the game and scored through James Lorenz with a spectacular effort in to the top left corner from 25 yards. 1-1 at Half time.

Second half, Liskeard went into the lead through Max Gilbert having 3 bites at the cherry and finishing into the bottom corner from 10 yards out. 20 minutes later prolific striker Dan Jennings was played 1 on 1 and took it around the Dobwalls GK Thompson to make it 3-1, the game now looked like Liskeard would gain the 3 pts with the away team in control.

Dobwalls got a goal back on 86’ after Liskeard skipper Peel gave the ball away instead of clearing his lines and Duffey failed to hold a tame shot which resulted in Dobwalls player Eke tapping in from close range.

On 88 minutes Liskeard were reduced to 10 men after Macauley Thorp was sent off for retaliation and raised his hands to the neck of the Dingos player, could Dobwalls find an equaliser with a man extra?

On 90+4’ that exactly happened when Castlehouse found himself on goal after a free kick and he did finish, to send the home team into elation, to make it 3-3. Spoils shared.

Liskeard’s inability to see the game out and manage it well cost them 2 points today, in a game they will feel they controlled throughout, with missed chances and not capitalising. In their bid to win the league, them dropping points in recent times could be a real thorn in their side, with Wendron, St Blazey and Wadebridge all winning.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Bank Holiday Tuesday December 27 2022

Great result for Launceston. After hearing Launceston’s manager Neil Price on the Rappo and Deac’s Podcast a few months ago, I have a lot of time for him and what’s he’s trying to do. I hope they start climbing the table, and thus demonstrating what clubs can do with the right manager and limited resources. Well done 👏 

2 hours ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Dobwalls 3-3 Liskeard

Wet and windy conditions at Lantoom saw 6 goals and a red card. Dobwalls went 1-0 up on 5 minutes after stand in custodian Duffey due to Liskeard’s No.1 Gwillam being injured gave the ball to Gilbert who lost the ball on the edge of the box, and Hogan finished past the keeper.

Liskeard grew into the game and scored through James Lorenz with a spectacular effort in to the top left corner from 25 yards. 1-1 at Half time.

Second half, Liskeard went into the lead through Max Gilbert having 3 bites at the cherry and finishing into the bottom corner from 10 yards out. 20 minutes later prolific striker Dan Jennings was played 1 on 1 and took it around the Dobwalls GK Thompson to make it 3-1, the game now looked like Liskeard would gain the 3 pts with the away team in control.

Dobwalls got a goal back on 86’ after Liskeard skipper Peel gave the ball away instead of clearing his lines and Duffey failed to hold a tame shot which resulted in Dobwalls player Eke tapping in from close range.

On 88 minutes Liskeard were reduced to 10 men after Macauley Thorp was sent off for retaliation and raised his hands to the neck of the Dingos player, could Dobwalls find an equaliser with a man extra?

On 90+4’ that exactly happened when Castlehouse found himself on goal after a free kick and he did finish, to send the home team into elation, to make it 3-3. Spoils shared.

Liskeard’s inability to see the game out and manage it well cost them 2 points today, in a game they will feel they controlled throughout, with missed chances and not capitalising. In their bid to win the league, them dropping points in recent times could be a real thorn in their side, with Wendron, St Blazey and Wadebridge all winning.

Liskeard’s disciplinary record isn’t looking great …

42 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

Not a red card for me today, both players should have had a yellow but you just can't raise ur hands in retaliation any more,..  changed the game !!

Player let his team down then not really the refs fault.  Fine the player and drop him for next game. Doubt he do it again then. 

7 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Great result for Launceston. After hearing Launceston’s manager Neil Price on the Rappo and Deac’s Podcast a few months ago, I have a lot of time for him and what’s he’s trying to do. I hope they start climbing the table, and thus demonstrating what clubs can do with the right manager and limited resources. Well done 👏 

An example of a team with limited resources and a great manager already exists at Wendron. 

Great to see Launceston getting some success now as well. Neil Price sounded like a sensible, principled bloke with a good perspective on the local football scene in his interviews.

3 hours ago, Rightside O`theriver said:

Mr. McQ, why imply that Plymouth players are only worthy of your distain?

We all know that the Cornish leagues have been, and are, poorer without the influx of players from east of the Tamar.

Historically any successful Team in Cornwall has some sort of Plymouth influence 

47 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Historically any successful Team in Cornwall has some sort of Plymouth influence 

When was the last time a Cornish side won the South Western League with no Plymouth or Devon based players? Certain that it's never happened in the Peninsula League era, and you'll probably have to go back several decades (going to have a stab and say either the Newquay or Falmouth Town title winning sides of the 80's/early 90's).  Something for any local football historians on here.

If the Cornish contingent of the forum users knew how poor a lot of Plymouth pitches were they'd understand why Plymouth based players do a little travelling for better pitches and facilities. I think Elburton, Ivybridge, Plymstock, Plymouth Parkway, Tavistock are the better options off the top of my head, forgive me if I've missed any. But once you move past those, Plymouth based players are on council pitches which aren't maintained well and aren't football "clubs" either, as well as a few 3G pitches available at a huge cost!  

My view on this is not private, most people who know me will know that my love is for local football, local people working hard to promote it and keeping the wheels turning slowly.

Why do you have to encourage every club to be a great big club,   why cant we have some great small clubs?

Local interest feeds the economy better, gets a good interest and encourages good support at the level we are looking at.

Historically players come and go for bigger and better deals but not many stay or return to their roots to give back,    I know some do and I know many that will consider it but if the wheels stop turning they will eventually come off.

MQx

6 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

My view on this is not private, most people who know me will know that my love is for local football, local people working hard to promote it and keeping the wheels turning slowly.

Why do you have to encourage every club to be a great big club,   why cant we have some great small clubs?

Local interest feeds the economy better, gets a good interest and encourages good support at the level we are looking at.

Historically players come and go for bigger and better deals but not many stay or return to their roots to give back,    I know some do and I know many that will consider it but if the wheels stop turning they will eventually come off.

MQx

Wonder how the non- Liskeard player’s currently playing for Liskeard will feel reading that 

10 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

When was the last time a Cornish side won the South Western League with no Plymouth or Devon based players? Certain that it's never happened in the Peninsula League era, and you'll probably have to go back several decades (going to have a stab and say either the Newquay or Falmouth Town title winning sides of the 80's/early 90's).  Something for any local football historians on here.

Probably be shot down in flames now but pretty sure that Falmouth Town did the treble last year with Cornwall-based players only with the possible exception of Toby Clark who is a Falmouth boy exiled North of the border.