Cornwall Football Forum

Shane Krac departs Saltash Utd

On 24/12/2022 at 17:57, Jengles Judgements said:

If it's paid in cash, you won't find many, if any, that will declare it. I can't say I blame them either. If it's via BACS, surely you'd have to declare it, as it would show in your bank account as coming from the club. That's unless it came via another source!

On 19/12/2022 at 18:24, FootballChat said:

They still have to declare it if it’s paid cash. It doesn’t mean they do though! Whether it’s paid BACS or Cash I doubt there’s many that are declaring any of it. Hence why Helston’s recent BBC article mentioned that the players only receive “expenses”.

Not sure it’s costs them over £200 each to travel from Devon to Helston though! 

Its not a given that it has to be declared.

If you're operating as a sole trader (which I think would be the case as a semi-pro footballer) You can earn up to £1000 (gross) before having to declare and fill in a tax return. 

I know that it you believe the sums touted on here that some players are getting then they will no doubt have to fill in a return but as per my post opening, not a given all players have to declare cash or BACS

1 hour ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

If you're operating as a sole trader (which I think would be the case as a semi-pro footballer) You can earn up to £1000 (gross) before having to declare and fill in a tax return. 

I know that it you believe the sums touted on here that some players are getting then they will no doubt have to fill in a return but as per my post opening, not a given all players have to declare cash or BACS

Show me a Western League player pocketing less than £1000 p/a and I’ll show you a sub who’s playing <5 minutes per match.

21 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Show me a Western League player pocketing less than £1000 p/a and I’ll show you a sub who’s playing <5 minutes per match.

That's not the point I was making.

Since you bolded "have" all I am saying is that it's not a given it has to be declared if, indeed, there are players out there earning under the £1k. 

I have no idea who is earning what, some crazy sums (for the level of football) get bandied about on here so I can't answer your question but no doubt there will be some fringe players, reserves stepping up etc that don't earn the bigger brown envelopes.

And I assume players are only paid if they play/named in squad so if they get injured and don't play half a season they don't get paid and then maybe fall under threshold. No return needed.

12 hours ago, Hetty said:

Back to Saltash - Danny Lewis now looking for a way out.This week has been telling people that he should have left the club at the same time as Krac.  

Should never have been appointed in first place, met no criteria club put out in their job ‘advert’. 
The 3 main ‘decision makers’ on the committee clueless when comes to football matters and that’s the main issue 

17 hours ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

£1000 over a 35 game season is about £30 per game. Cant see many players travelling to the arse end of nowhere to Mousehole for £30. Visa Versa for Mousehole players travelling to the likes of Wellington.

Not a given as you say, but very unlikely fall under the £1000 limit

20 hours ago, Hetty said:

Back to Saltash - Danny Lewis now looking for a way out.This week has been telling people that he should have left the club at the same time as Krac.  

You reap what you sow! DL heavily involved in the the dirty dealings & back stabbing at this club. 
with Krac gone he has to now show what he is made of! Nowhere now to hide!!