Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - 17 December 2022


Recommended Posts

PREMIER DIVISION
Ludgvan        5-2   Redruth United Reserves
Mawnan Reserves        2-1    Illogan RBL Reserves
Stithians            1-4    Frogpool & Cusgarne
Troon            OFF    Threemilestone (Threemilestone unable to raise a team)
    
DIVISION 1
Chacewater            P-P    Constantine
Newlyn Non-Athletico    3-8    New Inn Titans
St Buryan            4-3    Falmouth United
St Day 3rds        P-P    Perranwell Reserves


DIVISION 2
Falmouth DC            14-1    Wendron United 4ths
Holman Sports Club         P-P    Goonhavern Ath Res
St Erme                5-2    Carharrack
St Ives Town Reserves        1-5    Probus

DIVISION 3
Constantine Reserves        P-P    Mount Ambrose
Frogpool & Cusg Res        P-P    St Agnes 3rds
Lanner            P-P    Dropship
St Keverne          OFF   Lizard Argyle (Argyle unable to raise a team)

DIVISION 4
Penryn Athletic Res        P-P    Ruan Minor
St Just Reserves            6-0    Praze-An-Beeble Res
Storm       5-6       Dropship Reserves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buryan 4-3 Falmouth United (HT 2-3)

Spirited comeback from Buryan. Clearly the half time instructions on the Falmouth white board were ineffective, just a shame they didn’t stay for a beer afterwards to drown their sorrows. If anyones in the area and wants sausage and chips, there’s still loads here 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 1ofthekids said:

Buryan 4-3 Falmouth United (HT 2-3)

Spirited comeback from Buryan. Clearly the half time instructions on the Falmouth white board were ineffective, just a shame they didn’t stay for a beer afterwards to drown their sorrows. If anyones in the area and wants sausage and chips, there’s still loads here 👍🏻

Fair play to you boys especially your striker, quality player. You boys outworked us it’s just a shame that the ref had to ruin the game. 
 

3 points well deserved 🤝

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Hdog said:

Fair play to you boys especially your striker, quality player. You boys outworked us it’s just a shame that the ref had to ruin the game. 
 

3 points well deserved 🤝

Cheers mate was a good competitive game, also good for the Buryan striker to get his first goals of the season for the Blues. Hopefully your number 9 gets some out-swinging corners next week 😞

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Storm 5 dropship reserves 6

Storm scoring 5 again for the second game in a row and still coming away losers

a game of bizarre decisions and penalties. 3 for dropship, 2 converted, and none for storm. Personally think we should have at least one but hey ho that’s life

5-5 probably would have been the correct score like but fair play to both  teams for the constant attacking. Dropship scoring their winner with a few minutes leFt

some handbags throughout the game from both teams. Refs cards were obviously at home for some of them. 

moment of the game was a dropship player blasting a ball onto the a30 at full time.

only one lad back to the pub which was a shock for dropship especially after a win.

onwards and upwards for storm 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

FT:

Division 2

St Erne 5 Carharrack 2

Sometimes things are best kept unsaid. 

 

1 hour ago, Brandon Mcdonnell said:

St Erme 5 v Carharrack 2

Utter disgrace 

Right come on lets av it what happened you can't leave us like this 

 

 

51 minutes ago, mbkted said:

Storm 5 dropship reserves 6

Storm scoring 5 again for the second game in a row and still coming away losers

a game of bizarre decisions and penalties. 3 for dropship, 2 converted, and none for storm. Personally think we should have at least one but hey ho that’s life

5-5 probably would have been the correct score like but fair play to both  teams for the constant attacking. Dropship scoring their winner with a few minutes leFt

some handbags throughout the game from both teams. Refs cards were obviously at home for some of them. 

moment of the game was a dropship player blasting a ball onto the a30 at full time.

only one lad back to the pub which was a shock for dropship especially after a win.

onwards and upwards for storm 

🍇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hdog said:

You boys outworked us it’s just a shame that the ref had to ruin the game. 

 

3 hours ago, mbkted said:

a game of bizarre decisions and penalties. 3 for dropship, 2 converted, and none for storm. Personally think we should have at least one but hey ho that’s life.

some handbags throughout the game from both teams. Refs cards were obviously at home for some of them.  

Another weekend and more moaning about referees. 
Was it the referees fault that these two losing sides couldn’t defend and conceded ten goals between them?

It’s about time the CCFA just stopped giving Trelawny league clubs referees at all. Let them argue amongst themselves for the rest of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FootballChat said:

 

Another weekend and more moaning about referees. 
Was it the referees fault that these two losing sides couldn’t defend and conceded ten goals between them?

It’s about time the CCFA just stopped giving Trelawny league clubs referees at all. Let them argue amongst themselves for the rest of the season.

The st buryan game says no ref available on full time so that means it was a volunteer. Who would have thought that because teams at this level have driven away the majority of referees, they have to make do with a random person with no knowledge of the rules, to make decisions all about the rules of the game. Funny thing when that volunteer isn't as good as these superstar teams deserve, these teams that play at the bottom of the footballing pyramid. Maybe people should look after the refs. Even sour grape man at storm has taken a dig at their ref and his name is on full time so I'm guessing he's a qualified ref. Yet teams are wondering why volunteers have to do the reffing. I've seen games where refs haven't been great but the game has been won well by a team because they could actually put the ball in the net more times than the opposite team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just want to say that the volunteer who reffed the Newlyn Vs New Inn game not sure what role he has within the Newlyn team but did a cracking job didn't look out of place was fair for both teams especially for a top of the table clash. 

Newlyn 3 - 8 New Inn Titian's report to follow no doubt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

The st buryan game says no ref available on full time so that means it was a volunteer. Who would have thought that because teams at this level have driven away the majority of referees, they have to make do with a random person with no knlowdge of the rules to make decisions all about the rules of the game. Funny thing when that volunteer isn't as good as these superstar teams deserve at the bottoms of the footballing pyramid. Maybe people should look after the refs. Even sour grape man at storm has taken a dig at their ref and his name is on full time so I'm guessing he's a qualified ref. Yet teams are wondering why volunteers have to do the reffing. I've see games where refs haven't been great but the game has been won well by a team because they could actually put the ball in the bet more times than the opposite team

I’m not having a dig at the ref I’m glad he kept his cards in his pocket cos Storm would have been down to ten men, apart from the yellow card I got shown of course. Well deserved aswell cos I mistimed a tackle 

it was an off the cuff comment.

storm aren’t feeling sorry for themselves it blaming the ref at all. We scored five but can’t defend for shit most weeks and no ref can fix that in a hurry 

it’s our own fault that the Kevin Keegan football we play isn’t quite working 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrummyBarry said:

The st buryan game says no ref available on full time so that means it was a volunteer. Who would have thought that because teams at this level have driven away the majority of referees, they have to make do with a random person with no knlowdge of the rules to make decisions all about the rules of the game. Funny thing when that volunteer isn't as good as these superstar teams deserve at the bottoms of the footballing pyramid. Maybe people should look after the refs. Even sour grape man at storm has taken a dig at their ref and his name is on full time so I'm guessing he's a qualified ref. Yet teams are wondering why volunteers have to do the reffing. I've see games where refs haven't been great but the game has been won well by a team because they could actually put the ball in the bet more times than the opposite team

You’ve just stated yourself someone with “no knowledge” has ref a game😂. I mentioned that it was a well deserved 3 points to St Buryan it was just a fact someone who got changed in their dressing room has to officiate the game and gave the decision to his own players. I also mentioned how they out worked us but yet again you only see the side where I moan at the ref which is typical as most team mid-read/forget the parts about how we praise the opponent. 
 

I’m not going to speak on the rest of it because clearly “clearly put the ball in the bet” good England more times then the opponent 

again I mentioned that they outworked us and a well deserved 3 points 🤝

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, mbkted said:

Storm 5 dropship reserves 6

Storm scoring 5 again for the second game in a row and still coming away losers

a game of bizarre decisions and penalties. 3 for dropship, 2 converted, and none for storm. Personally think we should have at least one but hey ho that’s life

5-5 probably would have been the correct score like but fair play to both  teams for the constant attacking. Dropship scoring their winner with a few minutes leFt

some handbags throughout the game from both teams. Refs cards were obviously at home for some of them. 

moment of the game was a dropship player blasting a ball onto the a30 at full time.

only one lad back to the pub which was a shock for dropship especially after a win.

onwards and upwards for storm 

Think it’s about time you give up playing and become a ref you’re obviously an awful player (always on the losing side) however from your ‘opinions’ EVERY week when you lose and the same old cr*p ‘I’m not blaming the ref but he got everything wrong’ EVERY week you’d make a great ref and that’s exactly what we need in Cornish football right now 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hdog said:

You’ve just stated yourself someone with “no knowledge” has ref a game😂. I mentioned that it was a well deserved 3 points to St Buryan it was just a fact someone who got changed in their dressing room has to officiate the game and gave the decision to his own players. I also mentioned how they out worked us but yet again you only see the side where I moan at the ref which is typical as most team mid-read/forget the parts about how we praise the opponent. 
 

I’m not going to speak on the rest of it because clearly “clearly put the ball in the bet” good England more times then the opponent 

again I mentioned that they outworked us and a well deserved 3 points 🤝

 

 

 

It won't be the spectator and his dog that refs the game will it. It will be a volunteer from one of the teams so of course they could get changed in that changing room. Unfortunately my England isn't as good as it could be but I'm an old fart and the dictionary on my phone doesn't seem to work when I need it too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ian beale said:

Think it’s about time you give up playing and become a ref you’re obviously an awful player (always on the losing side) however from your ‘opinions’ EVERY week when you lose and the same old cr*p ‘I’m not blaming the ref but he got everything wrong’ EVERY week you’d make a great ref and that’s exactly what we need in Cornish football right now 😁

Well said. A shortage of refs and a plethora of entitled cavemen getting aggressive when they don't win.

 

If you can't hack that losing is part of competitive sport, perhaps find a different Saturday pastime like Par Market World or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

Well said. A shortage of refs and a plethora of entitled cavemen getting aggressive when they don't win.

 

If you can't hack that losing is part of competitive sport, perhaps find a different Saturday pastime like Par Market World or something. 

I’m confused where I got aggressive about not winning?

in fact I’m pretty sure I said it’s our own doing cos we can’t defend for shit and our cavalier football isn’t quite working out

as for the comment about the refs cards, it’s called humour, I’m glad he kept them in his pocket cos I’m pretty sure storm would have been down to ten men and paying out more money to the league.

I guess some people just like to argue on a forum and create mayhem?

2 hours ago, ian beale said:

Think it’s about time you give up playing and become a ref you’re obviously an awful player (always on the losing side) however from your ‘opinions’ EVERY week when you lose and the same old cr*p ‘I’m not blaming the ref but he got everything wrong’ EVERY week you’d make a great ref and that’s exactly what we need in Cornish football right now 😁

Where did I say he got everything wrong?

I made a quip about his cards being at home, it’s called humour maybe look it up?

im glad his cards stayed in his pocket cos it could have got expensive for storm 

also where have I blamed the ref for our loss? If you read my posts I blame our cavalier football, class for a neutral to watch, and poor defending costing us games 

But I’m sure none of that suits your agenda so off you go checking my previous posts for ref bashing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2022 at 17:29, Brandon Mcdonnell said:

St Erme 5 v Carharrack 2

Utter disgrace 

What happened? After this original post, everything has gone quiet!

9 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Anyway enough of this rubbish all the time 

All I'm interested in is St erme and Carharrack 

You aren't the only one mate. Everything seems to have gone quiet on that game, after the initial post yesterday!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/12/2022 at 08:10, Roche Raider said:

Well said. A shortage of refs and a plethora of entitled cavemen getting aggressive when they don't win.

 

If you can't hack that losing is part of competitive sport, perhaps find a different Saturday pastime like Par Market World or something. 

Bit harsh asking the gent who plays for Storm to go to Par market on a Saturday instead Roche Raider!!

Pool market would be a lot closer, and you get a lot of the same stuff there!!! 😁👍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Jengles Judgements said:

What happened? After this original post, everything has gone quiet!

You aren't the only one mate. Everything seems to have gone quiet on that game, after the initial post yesterday!

A lot of stuff happened just because of one team being bad losers and causing trouble which I’ve heard wasn’t the first time they’ve done that this season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/12/2022 at 00:24, Hdog said:

You’ve just stated yourself someone with “no knowledge” has ref a game😂. I mentioned that it was a well deserved 3 points to St Buryan it was just a fact someone who got changed in their dressing room has to officiate the game and gave the decision to his own players. I also mentioned how they out worked us but yet again you only see the side where I moan at the ref which is typical as most team mid-read/forget the parts about how we praise the opponent. 
 

I’m not going to speak on the rest of it because clearly “clearly put the ball in the bet” good England more times then the opponent 

again I mentioned that they outworked us and a well deserved 3 points 🤝

 

 

 

 

On 17/12/2022 at 17:11, Hdog said:

Fair play to you boys especially your striker, quality player. You boys outworked us it’s just a shame that the ref had to ruin the game. 
 

3 points well deserved 🤝

Striker was Ashley Ellis from St Just 1sts along with Joe Sturgeon from St Just 1sts, unfortunately another example of the ridiculous dual signing rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/12/2022 at 11:35, Midlandsboyincornwall said:

Jack Underwood leaving Dropship 2nd team for the record 81 times this season.

If you’re going to slate someone on here, at least put your name behind your comment 

 

Tom 

On 21/12/2022 at 18:23, BrummyBarry said:

Looking at his facebook profile it appears the lad has an ego and Im sure that dropship 2nd team wont miss it.hes one of those that films himself offering help to homeless people by humiliating them.giving them food and clothes in return for shoving a camera in their face just in case that sleeping in a cardboard box or at the side of a shop isnt humiliating enough. Well done to the guy but he dont need to film it 

Brummy Barry I would love to see if you’ve done any good deeds like that this Christmas rather than sit on here under a fake name slating everyone 

 

Tom 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Hi Tom (also under an alias) my name is Barry I'm a Brummy so its not really a fake name. I do plenty of good deeds every year which includes donations to a number of charitys and I also occasionally help with my local food bank but I don't video record myself doing it to inflate my ego

Well in all seriousness barry congratulations for that i applaud you for your charity work well done. What I don’t agree is publicly calling out jack and stating ‘inflating his ego’. Do you personally know the lad?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Ive not met him before however when someone mentions a name of a person Ive not met I go and have a look who it is that's what retirement does to you I suppose

Well enjoy retirement Barry. Just maybe stay clear of publicly slating people on forums without knowing the lad. Jack is an extremely hard working lad who wears his heart on his sleeve and does a hell of a lot for charity including raising a few thousand for mental health this past year. 
 

happy Christmas Bazza 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Themanhimself said:

Well enjoy retirement Barry. Just maybe stay clear of publicly slating people on forums without knowing the lad. Jack is an extremely hard working lad who wears his heart on his sleeve and does a hell of a lot for charity including raising a few thousand for mental health this past year. 
 

happy Christmas Bazza 

Hi tom I have removed my comments because I dont know the guy and it is unfair for me to comment they will stay on the forum as youve replied to them but its not fair for me to judge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...