Intermediate Cup 1/4 Final (2pm ok):

Praze-an-Beeble P-P Foxhole

League (2-30 ko):

Newquay Academy A-A St Teath

Roche A-A St Minver

St Dennis Reserves   P-P   St Columb Major

St Newlyn East P-P St Blazey Reserves

St Stephen 2-5 North Petherwin

Torpoint Athletic Thirds   P-P   Nanpean (2pm ko)

Weather looking fine, good luck to everyone.

1 hour ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Torpoint vs Nanpean is likely a 14:00ko. Just waiting on the referee to confirm he’s happy with it being earlier to allow Nanpean to get home in time for football coming home 🦁🦁🦁

Thanks mate, any other kick offs change please let us all know Ladies and Gents.

26 minutes ago, ECPL said:

Roche 1 St Minver 6 (abandoned after 76 minutes, bad light).  Does the result stand. Is it 70 minutes constitutes a game.

Will go to a replay, game can only finish early if both halves are equal, or so the rule used to be. Happy to be corrected.

8 minutes ago, ECPL said:

Newquay 2 St Teath 0 (Abandoned at about 75 minutes. Newquay goalkeeper suspected broken leg) 

Our very best wishes to the Goalkeeper.

24 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

Will go to a replay, game can only finish early if both halves are equal, or so the rule used to be. Happy to be corrected.

That rule makes no sense, if correct.

How can you premeditate shortening the first half just incase the second is abandoned due to an unforeseen circumstance?!

Rules are rules, however I hope common sense prevails here.

17 minutes ago, AVFC4 said:

That rule makes no sense, if correct.

How can you premeditate shortening the first half just incase the second is abandoned due to an unforeseen circumstance?!

Rules are rules, however I hope common sense prevails here.

I think it’s if the game is more than 60 mins old then the result stands at the time of abandonment 

or if the game is close, score wise, after 70 mins of play the game will be replayed with the rest of the time played out. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la Roche said:

Either way it would have been decent if St Minver had come in for a quick drink and something to eat afterwards. Appreciate we all want to watch the big match later but with the game finished by 4, not sure it needs 2 hours to get back to North Cornwall from mid?

We did make the club aware prior that we wouldn’t be stopping on this occasion to save Roche having to provide hospitality for us, which has always been great.

We always stop for a beer win, lose or draw.

3 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Not quite. It goes to the league who decide whether results stands, is awarded to one team or the other or replayed.

3 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Not quite. It goes to the league who decide whether results stands, is awarded to one team or the other or replayed.

Under normal circumstances a match should surely last for two equal halves of 45 minutes, shouldn’t it?

However with this one becoming an abandoned match, isn't it then the laws of the game suggesting that it’s replayed with the caveat “unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise.”

I assume Roche could say that they would like the match played again so that they get the 90 minutes aspect applied, but with the scoreline so one-sided at the time of being stopped, the common-sense approach adopted by all on this occasion should surely be to award the game to St Minver as they were leading 6-1 at the time it was finished early.

I guess it could come down to how adamant Roche feel they were hard done by missing out on 14 minutes!

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Under normal circumstances a match should surely last for two equal halves of 45 minutes, shouldn’t it?

However with this one becoming an abandoned match, isn't it then the laws of the game suggesting that it’s replayed with the caveat “unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise.”

I assume Roche could say that they would like the match played again so that they get the 90 minutes aspect applied, but with the scoreline so one-sided at the time of being stopped, the common-sense approach adopted by all on this occasion should surely be to award the game to St Minver as they were leading 6-1 at the time it was finished early.

I guess it could come down to how adamant Roche feel they were hard done by missing out on 14 minutes!

Hit the nail on the head there.

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Ref said 15 mins left plus stoppage time when the decision was made, which was the right call by the way as it was seriously dark at the time. Ironically, it actually got lighter as the dark clouds passed, but St Minver had already made a dash for home! Who knows the Ref have applied World Cup style additional time?!