Cornwall Football Forum

A big favourite moving westwards!

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Nearly correct!

It’s still to be officially announced but I’ve been told by a very good source that Mousehole will be welcoming striker Jack Bray-Evans to the Seagulls sometime today!

wow what a signing that will be! amazing player and great person! big loss for f troop! Cheesecake out

2 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Disappointing to see, not the transfer, but the fact that the much talked about Mousehole Development squad haven’t been utilised again. I think Mousehole signed a defender from a higher standard a while ago. Is the development squad being bypassed for immediate success ?

It's a 2nd team. Development just sounds better 

19 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Disappointing to see, not the transfer, but the fact that the much talked about Mousehole Development squad haven’t been utilised again. I think Mousehole signed a defender from a higher standard a while ago. Is the development squad being bypassed for immediate success ?

By coincidence we've got Drew Symons, their manager, on the Rappo & Deacs podcast this week and he's seems fairly pleased with the relationship they've got down there!

51 minutes ago, St Darren said:

It's a 2nd team. Development just sounds better 

Good point. When the word ‘development’ is used to describe a 2nd team, as an outsider, you naturally expect it to a feeder to the 1st team. If I was a player for the ‘development’ team, the clubs ambition would be for me to play for the 1st team, and if I wasn’t good enough (not making enough progress), I would expect another ‘development’ player to take my place at the end of the season. I suppose some clubs have the luxury signing who they want and when. Good luck to them, but it seems to go against the grain if you call your 2nd team a ‘development’ team and no-one develops. Good signing though.

Being a Falmouth fan, I'm probably as gutted as any of the F Troop will be at losing JBE. Fantastic player, finisher and bloke but i think before anyone else mentions money I'd be confident to say it won't be about that for Jack. You've only got to look back at all the loyal years he stayed at Newquay despite being offered double sometimes elsewhere. Hid dad Dom is a mate and old team mate of mine and you couldn't wish to meet a nicer family. Its a football decision at the end of the day, I'm sure Jack would have thought long and hard about leaving a great club like Town to sign for a really ambitious forward thinking club like Mousehole. Good luck to a good lad and player  👏 👍

So as far as Falmouth not been a club that’s ambitious and forward thinking is due to the fact they can’t keep up with higher paying clubs and keeping these quality players to take them further. So for Falmouth to become a mousehole or helston they would need to pay more to keep them.
I understand it may not be about the money for JBE.  

57 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Being a Falmouth fan, I'm probably as gutted as any of the F Troop will be at losing JBE. Fantastic player, finisher and bloke but i think before anyone else mentions money I'd be confident to say it won't be about that for Jack. You've only got to look back at all the loyal years he stayed at Newquay despite being offered double sometimes elsewhere. Hid dad Dom is a mate and old team mate of mine and you couldn't wish to meet a nicer family. Its a football decision at the end of the day, I'm sure Jack would have thought long and hard about leaving a great club like Town to sign for a really ambitious forward thinking club like Mousehole. Good luck to a good lad and player  👏 👍

Was interesting to hear Reece Thompson on the podcast a few weeks ago talking about the reasons why he left Saltash, and how he feels he has developed as a player at Mousehole. Is this a similar scenario?

Thought I have had regarding Mark Goldsworthy. Is he now surplus to requirements at the Trungle, and could he be a straight replacement for JBE at Falmouth?

Yeah I obviously can’t speak for Jack but I’m 100% sure it’s not money orientated. Jacks got a good job, loves his fitness and football and is very dedicated. I’m probably a bit biased towards Falmouth and Westy and the fantastic times that are back at Bickland Park with the best support in south west non league football. Personally scoring in front of the F Troop was the best days and feeling of my career, but sometimes you’ve got to take a step back and look at it from a players point of view. Mousehole have made giant steps forward in the last 5 years, Ashy is a top bloke and superb manager as well and have a realistic shot at the title/promotion etc. Not to mention Jack will feel at home straight away with plenty of his mates already in that dressing room and may feel at this stage of his career it’s time to make that move. Pure football decision, see them every week dont we, life goes on. Good luck JBE 👏🏼👍

35 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Thought mousehole had plenty of firepower there already. An odd move to be honest .  Will be a big blow to Falmouth they will need to bring in a quality striker from their somewhere quick. 

Should be interesting as it hasn't been Falmouth's style to make marquee signings (Other than JBE last year ironically)

Gonna miss Jack. He's been amazing for us winning the Golden Boot, Cornwall Senior Cup, Charity Cup and the SWPL since he joined us last season. But we move on and in Westy we have an amazing young manager who will guide us through the low points.

All the best Jack and thanks for the memories, the F-Troop loved you. UTT

boxing day 21 a.PNG

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Thought mousehole had plenty of firepower there already. An odd move to be honest .  Will be a big blow to Falmouth they will need to bring in a quality striker from their somewhere quick. 

Who would you like to see Falmouth bring in to replace JBE?

Luke Brabyn might play as stand in striker but Alex Wharton seems to be playing for Camleford now who could have slotted on the right or even upfront. We also have Charlie Edney and Ollie Pickup. No disrespect to JBE it might allow an opportunity to bring in someone else to change our fortunes as I believe missed chances has been our Achilles heel this season.  💛🖤

2 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Who would you like to see Falmouth bring in to replace JBE?

Luke Brabyn might play as stand in striker but Alex Wharton seems to be playing for Camleford now who could have slotted on the right or even upfront. We also have Charlie Edney and Ollie Pickup.  💛🖤

Think Ollie Walker and Timmy Nixon on the wings with Luke Brabyn as centre forward competing with Charlie Edney for that position. Will Westy sign someone ? who knows.

1 minute ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Think Ollie Walker and Timmy Nixon on the wings with Luke Brabyn as centre forward competing with Charlie Edney for that position. Will Westy sign someone ? who knows.

Hi Jeff fingers crossed 🤞 - I like to see Ollie Walker as an attacking winger and not sucked back too defensively. If Ollie is more forward then Westy is gonna need a fast striker to keep up with Ollie’s pace!! 

1 minute ago, Mark Jones said:

Hi Jeff fingers crossed 🤞 - I like to see Ollie Walker as an attacking winger and not sucked back too defensively. If Ollie is more forward then Westy is gonna need a fast striker to keep up with Ollie’s pace!! 

Yes i agree Mark, Ollie and Timmy are both gifted with pace and skill plus Brabo could definitely do a job as centre forward at least for the short term, we'll be ok.

1 hour ago, cornish leg end said:

Would fit right in there with a few old mates from Newquay playing there great signing 

JBE was always 2 good for F Troop surprised it was mousehole who got him not Truro. Hes best player in cornwall im sure I talk for all mints followers when i say hope he goes mousehole and kicks on. was told other week one of nqy players and jbe were both go mousehole but didnt think anything of it maybe its true mousehole will announce another signing before xmas?

16 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

JBE was always 2 good for F Troop surprised it was mousehole who got him not Truro. Hes best player in cornwall im sure I talk for all mints followers when i say hope he goes mousehole and kicks on. was told other week one of nqy players and jbe were both go mousehole but didnt think anything of it maybe its true mousehole will announce another signing before xmas?

Think a few Truro players might disagree🤔🤔🤔

9 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Jack Symons and Charlie Wills have stepped up from the devs and we have another couple breaking through at the moment so it DOES work.

Confining ourselves soley to the devs to bring players in is utterly ridiculous. you need balance throughout the squad, horses for courses.

Got the vague whiff off sour grapes when i read your post.

17 minutes ago, Pondy said:

Jack Symons and Charlie Wills have stepped up from the devs and we have another couple breaking through at the moment so it DOES work.

Confining ourselves soley to the devs to bring players in is utterly ridiculous. you need balance throughout the squad, horses for courses.

Got the vague whiff off sour grapes when i read your post.

I asked a question, I got an answer. 
Thank you.

No sour grapes, just interested in the different ways clubs operate on the playing side and how it appears from the outside, particularly interesting are Helston, Falmouth, Wendron, Bodmin (last year) and Mousehole. Can’t wait to see how Truro City operate when/if they move back to Cornwall. Will they sweep up all the best local talent ? or will they successfully carry on as they are? 

9 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

I asked a question, I got an answer. 
Thank you.

No sour grapes, just interested in the different ways clubs operate on the playing side and how it appears from the outside, particularly interesting are Helston, Falmouth, Wendron, Bodmin (last year) and Mousehole. Can’t wait to see how Truro City operate when/if they move back to Cornwall. Will they sweep up all the best local talent ? or will they successfully carry on as they are? 

Thing with Truro, there's a massive step (4 actually) between the 1st team and the reserves. its not like they are running away with it in the st piran league either. i doubt many of their players would make a big impact in our league....but yeah itl be interesting to see how the whole truro project plays out, these things always involve an element of risk.

incidentally, theres a fair few ex truro 1st and released youngsters plying their trade in the western so we do kinda get something out of the process

2 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Charlie Davis now stepped down as well it seems!

Not a good day for Falmouth Town!

Do any Truro players come from Cornwall? They don't play in Cornwall!

What have we (Truro) got to do with it? 😂 Why don't you worry about your own camp, instead of trying to cause trouble in/about another.

JBE will definitely be a big miss for us,even when he's having a 'bad' season he's got to be good for 15 goals.

Hopefully like others on this thread have already mentioned,Luke Brabyn,Charlie Edney,Tim Nixon & Luke Barner can step up and score the goals that JBE would've.

Incidentially,it will be interesting to see this time next year what he decides to do,as he has 'previous' with changing clubs around this time (Newquay to Falmouth).

I'm not knocking it,don't get me wrong,done it myself a couple of times,good luck to the lad as RAPPO said genuine bloke looking to improve himself,which is what all players should be doing,isn't it ?

Thanks for the memories JBE

' Up The Town '  

13 hours ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

JBE will definitely be a big miss for us,even when he's having a 'bad' season he's got to be good for 15 goals.

Hopefully like others on this thread have already mentioned,Luke Brabyn,Charlie Edney,Tim Nixon & Luke Barner can step up and score the goals that JBE would've.

Incidentially,it will be interesting to see this time next year what he decides to do,as he has 'previous' with changing clubs around this time (Newquay to Falmouth).

I'm not knocking it,don't get me wrong,done it myself a couple of times,good luck to the lad as RAPPO said genuine bloke looking to improve himself,which is what all players should be doing,isn't it ?

Thanks for the memories JBE

' Up The Town '  

Great comment nothing wrong with trying to improve. JBE did a fantastic job for Falmouth but feels time is right to move, the coaching he will get with us can not fail to make him a better player and we are all super happy to welcome him into our fold good luck to Falmouth, and even better luck to JBE now a Seagull

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2022 at 20:39, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

I would not say with any conviction that JBE, excellent striker though he is, can be said to be better than the TCFC duo of Tyler Harvey & Rocky Neal. Is he better than a fit Ryan Richard’s or on scoring goals as consistently good like Sam Hughes?

in short, big difference between poaching goals at SL Prem standard than mostly SWPL level like JBE.

37 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I would not say with any conviction that JBE, excellent striker though he is, can be said to be better than the TCFC duo of Tyler Harvey & Rocky Neal. Is he better than a fit Ryan Richard’s or on scoring goals as consistently good like Sam Hughes?

in short, big difference between poaching goals at SL Prem standard than mostly SWPL level like JBE.

Jake Ash must see something in JBE, and that there is something there to develop. Much in the same way he has with Hayden Turner (remember his move from St Austell generating a bit of controversy at the time).

Ryan Richards has done it season in, season out for around 13-14 seasons now. Was first aware of him as a teenage striker with Tamarside in the ECPL, and has scored goals wherever he has gone in the South Western League, Peninsula League, Western League and Southern League. Had a bit of reputation as a moaner when he was younger, but remember plenty of times when he played out of position in midfield or on the wing for Parkway, and didn't complain.

JBE **is** a quality striker. I hope, and expect, him to do well at Trungle Parc. I just think comparing him to the best in the Cornish game a bit premature.

Ryan Richards has been my favourite player locally bar none and I say that as someone who hasn’t been a follower of the clubs he’s made his name at. 

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

JBE **is** a quality striker. I hope, and expect, him to do well at Trungle Parc. I just think comparing him to the best in the Cornish game a bit premature.

Ryan Richards has been my favourite player locally bar none and I say that as someone who hasn’t been a follower of the clubs he’s made his name at. 

The people who make the statements about the relative merits of JBE and Tyler Harvey, probably don't appreciate the jump in standard between step 5 and step 3 football.

Saltash United are top of the Western League (and currently the second best Cornish club), but doubt any of their team would make it into the Truro City side.