Gunnislake                     5-1          Sticker Reserves

Polperro                         3-2          Millbrook Reserves

Saltash Borough            3-1          St Dominick

West Division

Falmouth Town               3-0          Porthleven

Helston Athletic              0-0           Perranwell

Mullion                             0-2          Wendron United

Truro City             4-2          Mousehole Development

Cornwall County Intermediate Cup (Quarter Final)

Liskeard Athletic             1-3             Illogan RBL

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 3RD DECEMBER, 2022
35 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Great result for the young Truro reserves anyone have a match report? 

Not much of a detailed report I’m afraid but I watched the game as a neutral and thought that it was a great game to watch.

The game was very competitive but played in the right spirit with many talented young players on both sides . It was highlighted to me that River Allen was playing for Truro City . Interesting to see him play. He showed many excellent touches and played some nice passes in isolated periods during the game . He was very close to scoring what would have been a great goal from a superb lob/shot from a long way out in the first half and did score an excellent goal in the second half with great control and turn in the box to slot the ball away.

Overall , a very entertaining match between two teams who play good football and who will ,no doubt, be competing towards the top of the league at the end of the season.

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not much of a detailed report I’m afraid but I watched the game as a neutral and thought that it was a great game to watch.

The game was very competitive but played in the right spirit with many talented young players on both sides . It was highlighted to me that River Allen was playing for Truro City . Interesting to see him play. He showed many excellent touches and played some nice passes in isolated periods during the game . He was very close to scoring what would have been a great goal from a superb lob/shot from a long way out in the first half and did score an excellent goal in the second half with great control and turn in the box to slot the ball away.

Overall , a very entertaining match between two teams who play good football and who will ,no doubt, be competing towards the top of the league at the end of the season.

River Allen Truro reserves ? I assume river Allen of parkway / Tiverton / argyle game ?  

50 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

River Allen is listed on Full-Time for Truro City for yesterday’s game so apparently true. Roll-on the reduction in multiple registrations that’s coming next season.

Sadly, the new league would still allow him to play for Truro Res (if still in St P level), St Blazey and Tiverton.

Mousehole squad had 7 players under 18 ( 4 16year olds ) who did themselves and the club proud. It cost £0 to field the Mousehole side who are still top of the league ( until St Day play again 😂 ), we are exceeding all expectations and play lovely football as most people say but obviously it’s hard to compete against teams who pay players. No disrespect to teams that do but when your happy to pay the likes of River Allen ( who to be fair didn’t really stand out ) hundreds of pounds for a game just to get 3points in St Pirans football most teams will struggle to compete. 4-2 looks a bad result but 1 good finish aside the other 3 goals were of our own making and things we can work on and improve. Very competitive league, everyone will takes points off each other  👍

2 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Sadly, the new league would still allow him to play for Truro Res (if still in St P level), St Blazey and Tiverton.

👍 That’s why I said “reduction” in multiple registrations rather than elimination.

Makes a mockery of the League as a fair competition though that there are rules in place designed to prevent a reserve side from picking players from their own first team too regularly but nothing that prevents a team parachuting in a player who’s played games for a different club from a higher league. 

46 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

Mousehole squad had 7 players under 18 ( 4 16year olds ) who did themselves and the club proud. It cost £0 to field the Mousehole side who are still top of the league ( until St Day play again 😂 ), we are exceeding all expectations and play lovely football as most people say but obviously it’s hard to compete against teams who pay players. No disrespect to teams that do but when your happy to pay the likes of River Allen ( who to be fair didn’t really stand out ) hundreds of pounds for a game just to get 3points in St Pirans football most teams will struggle to compete. 4-2 looks a bad result but 1 good finish aside the other 3 goals were of our own making and things we can work on and improve. Very competitive league, everyone will takes points off each other  👍

Don't know about about truro. Hundreds of pound for mark goldsworthy and others in season. don't throw stones from the mousehle greenhouse_20221204_100702.thumb.JPG.e20b5225f6d75ef82e06c2f0484ed41b.JPG

I went to watch the match yesterday and was really impressed with the youngsters from both sides. Especially the 16 year old number 6 from Mousehole. who was pretty much man marking River at times and taking lots off the ball the lad did himself proud. Some mistakes in the Mousehole defence lost them the game but played some grand football. Truro have some great forwards and able to push up quickly. For the lads playing with and against the likes of Jamie Lowrie, River Allen and Jacob Grange will only make them better. 

4 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Sadly, the new league would still allow him to play for Truro Res (if still in St P level), St Blazey and Tiverton

Almost seems it will be unfair next season that above Feeder League level you’ll be able to sign for a number of different league clubs, whereas St Piran and below - only the one!

1 hour ago, FutureGK said:

Goldie is a Mousehole player? Helston, Falmouth and others all use 1st team players in their reserve sides …that’s one of the benefits of clubs having reserves … 

Personally don’t see what the issue is with Truro doing what they need to do to gain promotion …  yep gut reaction is Ringer , but when you look at the big picture fair play and why not 🤷

Sadly for Mousehole Devs promotion isn’t an option … but I dare say if any other team seeking  promotion had the means to sign River for a few games they would jump at it …

Out of interest and ref using ringers From other clubs ,do  Truro reserves ever play/use players from their 1st team squad when they don’t have a game , need minutes , returning from injury  etc ? 

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

“Hundreds of pounds” - really? 

Really 

2 hours ago, winston said:

Don't know about about truro. Hundreds of pound for mark goldsworthy and others in season. don't throw stones from the mousehle greenhouse_20221204_100702.thumb.JPG.e20b5225f6d75ef82e06c2f0484ed41b.JPG

Goldie is Mousehole 1st team player and ONLY played for reserves at request of first team as coming back from injury .  Hope this clears it up, 1st teamers only play for the reserves at 1sts request be it returning from injury or needing minutes 👍

Signing and playing players from a higher standard when they haven’t got a game shows what sort of club they are. If I was a young player, I would kept well away from such clubs. It usually ends in tears with a club ending up scratching around for players, when the regulars say sod this ! I say, let them do it, as in reality they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Mousehole have used loads of players before who were toolstation league players or even swpl prem players in the st pirans league. Truro do the same and now it shouldn’t happen🥴 river has links with Truro so it’s not a surprise he played yesterday. Truro want to progress they have ambitions, all I’ll say is at least they’ll take promotion when they can unlike some teams failed to do so in previous years 

This keeps getting re-posted in different areas of the Forum but it’s not correct. There are eight reserve and development teams playing at Step 6.

Three of these have first teams that play at Step 1 (Dorking Wanderers) or Step 3 (Leiston & Needham Market). 

The other five all have first teams that play at Step 4 - AFC Sudbury, Thame United, Kidlington, Cirencester Town & Grantham Town. 

5 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

This keeps getting re-posted in different areas of the Forum but it’s not correct. There are eight reserve and development teams playing at Step 6.

The other five all have first teams that play at Step 4 - AFC Sudbury, Thame United, Kidlington, Cirencester Town & Grantham Town. 

As I understand it Gary any reserve teams at Step 6 but didn't have the required gap when the regulation was introduced have 'grandfather's rights' and so will remain at Step 6 unless/until they are relegated.