Cornwall Football Forum

DUCHY LEAGUE - Saturday 3 December 2022

At a game - let us hear the result and thoughts on this thread below .......

PREMIER DIVISION

Boscastle                             0-1          St Breward

Gorran                                  3-5          St Merryn

Lostwithiel                     3-7       Saltash United Thirds

Polzeath                              1-5          Lanivet Inn

St Dominick Reserves     3-1          Mevagissey       

DIVISION 1

Foxhole Stars Reserves  7-1       Boscastle Reserves

Holywell & Cubert           0-6          Calstock

Looe Town Reserves      H/W       Biscovey

North Petherwin Res      2-1          St Cleer

St Mawgan Res      1-0     Gerrans & St Mawes Utd

St Minver Reserves     6-1          Gunnislake Reserves

DIVISION 2

Bodmin Dragons               3-1          St Eval Spitfires

Bude Town Reserves      12-0       Indian Queens

Godolphin At Newq 2nds     0-23       Week St Mary

Grampound                       4-0          Castle Loyale

Lanreath                       12-3       Lostwithiel Reserves

North Hill            1-4   Delabole and Tintagel United

Bude Town Reserves 12 Indian Queens 0.

A fantastic team performance from the lads who played some fantastic football. Four 16 year olds in the starting lineup, all coming along leaps and bounds. 7-0 up at half-time and 5 further goals in the second half. Good luck to Indian Queens, really decent bunch of lads who worked hard but we were hungry today.

Goals from Hayden White 3, Jago Tweitman 3, Steve Hackett 2, Dave Mansell, Ben Bryant, Joe Carter and Harrison Swatton.

Lanreath 12 losty res 3

lanreath are a very good side with players far too good for this level. It’s like playing nanpean when they reformed and started in duchy 4/5. Clinical and direct they scored some good goals today. Not helped by a losty side with 11 men and 3 brand new lads who are all relatively inexperience.
3 goals back in the 2nd half made the scoreline slightly more respectable but we’ll be glad to see the back of lanreath’s attackers 

11 minutes ago, Xavier1 said:

Lanreath 12 losty res 3

lanreath are a very good side with players far too good for this level. It’s like playing nanpean when they reformed and started in duchy 4/5. Clinical and direct they scored some good goals today. Not helped by a losty side with 11 men and 3 brand new lads who are all relatively inexperience.
3 goals back in the 2nd half made the scoreline slightly more respectable but we’ll be glad to see the back of lanreath’s attackers 

Forgive me if I sound "direct" but at grassroots level, can't anyone play? It's the very foot of the pyramid?🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

Forgive me if I sound "direct" but at grassroots level, can't anyone play? It's the very foot of the pyramid?🤷‍♂️

I mean Callum McGee has been their captain this season.  last season he played at st blazey 26 times and scored 11 goals. It’s a bit of a joke to have a player in your team who plays at that level/has played at that level consistently. Obviously players are welcome to play at this level but I don’t think it’s right personally that’s just my opinion. 

Grampound 4-0 Castle Loyale

A pretty comfortable game for Grampound. The score at half time was 0-0 with Grampound missing a host of chances. Castle hung in there, often with every player behind the ball but it was only a matter of time before Grampound scored and once that first goal went in a few more goals were scored. Grampound keeper Dan Riley didn't really have a shot to stop or cross to catch but Castle Loyale worked hard throughout. Grampound scorers were Danny Austin, Dylan Fox, Zak Barker and Dean Dunn (pen).

it was disappointing that none of the visiting players came back to the pub after the game for food and a drink but the best of luck to them for the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, Xavier1 said:

I mean Callum McGee has been their captain this season.  last season he played at st blazey 26 times and scored 11 goals. It’s a bit of a joke to have a player in your team who plays at that level/has played at that level consistently. Obviously players are welcome to play at this level but I don’t think it’s right personally that’s just my opinion. 

Callum was also their player for a few seasons before they folded from st piran league so can't see the harm in him going back to his club tbh 

3 hours ago, Xavier1 said:

Isn't this happens though when players want to play with their mates etc!

3 hours ago, AJW said:

Grampound 4-0 Castle Loyale

A pretty comfortable game for Grampound. The score at half time was 0-0 with Grampound missing a host of chances. Castle hung in there, often with every player behind the ball but it was only a matter of time before Grampound scored and once that first goal went in a few more goals were scored. Grampound keeper Dan Riley didn't really have a shot to stop or cross to catch but Castle Loyale worked hard throughout. Grampound scorers were Danny Austin, Dylan Fox, Zak Barker and Dean Dunn (pen).

it was disappointing that none of the visiting players came back to the pub after the game for food and a drink but the best of luck to them for the second half of the season.

It's disappointing, but in a county that is absolutely plagued with roadworks at the moment,and some teams travelling close to an hour each way, can't say I blame them!

10 hours ago, Xavier1 said:

3rd game of the season biscovey have not been able to put out a side 😬 will this mean they have to withdraw from the leauge like tintagel  had to last season or has that changed 

It wasn’t a rule if you read last seasons debate. Controversy over the Holywell bay withdrawal. But it’s a shame to see another side struggle after have good number signed in. Bring in the non fuel signing in next season will be good for everyone. 

11 hours ago, Xavier1 said:

He’s a very good player and good enough to playing higher consistently but lanreath is his club he started there grew up there. I get your point he’s too good for the level but if we can’t play football and enjoy it with our friends then what’s the point in local football. Plenty of players hVe done it over the years just to play with mates. He’s dropped a good pay packet at blazey to play local days alot About his character. Top lad. 

St Mawgan Res 1 GSM Utd 0

GSM failing to deal with an in-swinging corner and allowed the St Mawgan player a free header from a yard out for the only goal of the game midway through the first half. Both sides had chances to add gaols but both keepers were on the top of their games today, pulling off a number of saves each. GSM disappointed not to come away with at least a draw but just not to be. Big thanks to the stand in ref and good luck to St Mawgan for the rest of the season

Full match report Gerrans & St Mawes 2022-23 - Duchy/Trelawny League Forum - Cornwall Football Forum

25 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

I'm not sure it's any better when teams can spare 20 minutes to eat the grub supplied but leave very little behind the bar! Full respect to those that stay a good hour and enjoy the hospitality.

Well ideally everyone would stay a lot longer, but unfortunately that doesn't happen anymore does it!

On 04/12/2022 at 11:30, Dave Deacon said:

Surely anyone can spare 20 minutes to pop in for the grub put on?

If only it were 20 minutes, it's commitment enough that some teams yield  to a 4-5 hour Saturday. Chuck in some of the drive times home i.e Saltash to Gorran,  or Probus to St Just, you're not getting back til at least 7pm! Perhaps worth it in the heady luxuries of the SWP where your expenses are covered but Duchy players and substitutes? A tall order!

On 05/12/2022 at 20:25, Keith B said:

Well said Dave. Clubs spend money to cook good food, all done by volunteers, only to see it ignored. Not good enough.

I wouldn't go that far; I once played at Polperro to see two Smart Price frozen pizzas bunged in an oven to share round. Hardly a Kittows buffet 😉 😄

Oh dear, what is happening to our beautiful game and Saturday afternoons? Travel is known when entering the league and signing for your club. Surely a pint after the game is part of the overall experience and hopefully enjoyment on a match day? I have seen many teams enjoying an hour in the clubhouse post match without concern for the trip home.

On 05/12/2022 at 21:04, justanopinion said:

I'm not sure it's any better when teams can spare 20 minutes to eat the grub supplied but leave very little behind the bar! Full respect to those that stay a good hour and enjoy the hospitality.

Drinking and driving is frowned upon these days mate 🤣🤣