Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 3 December 2022

At a game - let us hear the result and thoughts on this thread below .......

FA VASE

THIRD ROUND PROPER

Hartpury University   7-0   Bovey Tracey

Shaftesbury   1-1   Brixham (4-5 on pens)

KITCHEN KIT

SWPL

EAST

Crediton United    1-1   Bridport

Cullompton Rangers    0-2    Okehampton Argyle

Dartmouth    1-3   Torrington

Honiton Town    0-1    Elburton Villa

Plymouth Marjon    1-1    Sidmouth Town

Torridgeside    2-5    Ivybridge Town

WEST

Callington Town    4-3    Liskeard Athletic

Camelford    3-1    Mullion

Launceston    3-1    Godolphin Atlantic Newquay

Newquay    5-2    Bude Town

St Dennis    0-6    Wadebridge Town

Sticker    3-3    BodminTown

WALTER C PARSON CUP

THIRD ROUND

Dobwalls    1-3    Teignmouth

Newton Abbot Spurs    2-1    Penzance

This was a brilliant display by Newquay this afternoon beating Bude 5-2 .

This was a really good game on a bitterly cold afternoon Newquay started on fire and went 1-0 up through Alex Cole i think, then Bude came back with goals from Liam McDonald and Hamish Hudson who was playing really well Tornado was playing really well going at the Newquay defence which held him at bay , Alex Cole who was causing so much problem to the Bude defence and Jake Shaw was doing like wise on the other wing .Alex scored and the score was at 2-2 at Ht but Newquay should of put the game to bed by them missing severel chances and hitting the crossbar and the main culprit was young Jack Rapsey who was working his sox off .

2nd half The Tornado had blown himself out and was just a breeze but Newquay was brilliant Jack Rapsey scored the 1st of his goals even his old man Rappo could of scored with his nackered knees Connor Wharton scored a cracker for Newquay past Bude goalie Tom Coles who i was surprised to see in goal because i have watched young Liam Hill in goal and he has been brilliant not that Coles had much chance with any of the goals .

With time running out and Newquay in complete control Jack Rapsey had another simple goal to add to his earlier tap in but he deserved his goals for all the work he did all afternoon . This was a brilliant performance by Newquay and on this showing they will be heading for 4th spot Alex Cole had a hell of a game but so did Connor Wharton and Noah Teagle who just gets better and better and the defence is just brilliant with the great goalie Harry Ashton behind them and they got the excellent Matt Saunders to come in to the team yet but dont know where he will play this Newquay team is really good .

The ref Paul Kempen and his assitants where really good and you never even noticed them and the game flew by .

Hard Luck on Bude but they have to be congratulated on how well they have done in there 1st season in this league 

My MOM FOR BUDE HAMISH HUDSON AND FOR NEWQUAY THEY WHERE ALL GOOD BUT IM GOING FOR JACK RAPSEY HE HAD PLENTY OF KNOCKS BUT HE WORKED SO MUCH UP FRONT AND SCORED 2 GOALS NEITHER WILL BE GOAL OF THE SEASON BUT HE WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE TO SCORE THEM .

On this showing im dreading what the score will be when they play Godolphin on Boxing day hopefully the G will be able to put  a team out then after losing so many players 

Thankyou Newquay for that performance kept me warm watching that just what i needed after every other day at the hospital was hoping Rappo would be there with his golf club to know this bloody big Kidney stone into touch .Your Boy did well today Mark 

14 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

This was a really good game on a bitterly cold afternoon Newquay started on fire and went 1-0 up through Alex Cole i think, then Bude came back with goals from Liam McDonald and Hamish Hudson who was playing really well Tornado was playing really well going at the Newquay defence which held him at bay , Alex Cole who was causing so much problem to the Bude defence and Jake Shaw was doing like wise on the other wing .Alex scored and the score was at 2-2 at Ht but Newquay should of put the game to bed by them missing severel chances and hitting the crossbar and the main culprit was young Jack Rapsey who was working his sox off .

2nd half The Tornado had blown himself out and was just a breeze but Newquay was brilliant Jack Rapsey scored the 1st of his goals even his old man Rappo could of scored with his nackered knees Connor Wharton scored a cracker for Newquay past Bude goalie Tom Coles who i was surprised to see in goal because i have watched young Liam Hill in goal and he has been brilliant not that Coles had much chance with any of the goals .

With time running out and Newquay in complete control Jack Rapsey had another simple goal to add to his earlier tap in but he deserved his goals for all the work he did all afternoon . This was a brilliant performance by Newquay and on this showing they will be heading for 4th spot Alex Cole had a hell of a game but so did Connor Wharton and Noah Teagle who just gets better and better and the defence is just brilliant with the great goalie Harry Ashton behind them and they got the excellent Matt Saunders to come in to the team yet but dont know where he will play this Newquay team is really good .

The ref Paul Kempen and his assitants where really good and you never even noticed them and the game flew by .

Hard Luck on Bude but they have to be congratulated on how well they have done in there 1st season in this league 

My MOM FOR BUDE HAMISH HUDSON AND FOR NEWQUAY THEY WHERE ALL GOOD BUT IM GOING FOR JACK RAPSEY HE HAD PLENTY OF KNOCKS BUT HE WORKED SO MUCH UP FRONT AND SCORED 2 GOALS NEITHER WILL BE GOAL OF THE SEASON BUT HE WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE TO SCORE THEM .

On this showing im dreading what the score will be when they play Godolphin on Boxing day hopefully the G will be able to put  a team out then after losing so many players 

Thankyou Newquay for that performance kept me warm watching that just what i needed after every other day at the hospital was hoping Rappo would be there with his golf club to know this bloody big Kidney stone into touch .Your Boy did well today Mark 

Bude will be on here later blaming the ref or locking him away 🤣🤣🤣

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 3 December 2022

Sticker 3 Bodmin Town. 3.

Game remarkable for the fact that Bodmin's third goal came direct from the resultant kick off from a Sticker equaliser. 

Sticker battled throughout for their hard earned point, Bodmin had chances but the home side defended well.

All in all an entertaining game played in front of a sparse crowd, no doubt lots watching the Soccerooos on the telly.

Callington 4 liskeard 3

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

The good 

Callington well-deserved win, Cally played most of the game with 10 men after a red card ,raced into a a 20 well deserved lead, they were first to the ball , faster and more up for it than liskeard.playing with three 16 year olds they they really looked like the better team all over , the game was end to end and both teams entertaining the viewing fans, callington held on as liskeard chased the game ...

The Bad 

Both spendings off were no more than yellows ,a ref who has been watching the world cup and added a good 10 or 12 mins on or was hoping liskeard equalised! Liskeard players constantly moaning at officials and diving  all over the pitch like Tom Daley 

The Ugly 

Liskeard fans at the end who mobbed the ref an linesman trying to get off the pitch with verbal  abuse, mainly directed at  a linesman who I'm afraid to say liskeard fans ,the 3 disallowed goals, were offside he was spot on,I have a lot of time for liskeard and do watch them but that today was shamefull ,some really sour losers today ,it was everyone's else's fault according to them , embarrassingly shamefull and I hope the ref reports it .....also some bad language from a group of callington fans outside clubhouse during game really no need for it with women and children present 

Other than that a cracking game for a neutral and best I have seen callington play , and they only  needed 10 men!

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

Sticker 3 Bodmin Town. 3.

Game remarkable for the fact that Bodmin's third goal came direct from the resultant kick off from a Sticker equaliser. 

Sticker battled throughout for their hard earned point, Bodmin had chances but the home side defended well.

All in all an entertaining game played in front of a sparse crowd.

1 hour ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 4 liskeard 3

The good 

Callington well-deserved win, Cally played most of the game with 10 men after a red card ,raced into a a 20 well deserved lead, they were first to the ball , faster and more up for it than liskeard.playing with three 16 year olds they they really looked like the better team all over , the game was end to end and both teams entertaining the viewing fans, callington held on as liskeard chased the game ...

The Bad 

Both spendings off were no more than yellows ,a ref who has been watching the world cup and added a good 10 or 12 mins on or was hoping liskeard equalised! Liskeard players constantly moaning at officials and diving  all over the pitch like Tom Daley 

The Ugly 

Liskeard fans at the end who mobbed the ref an linesman trying to get off the pitch with verbal  abuse, mainly directed at  a linesman who I'm afraid to say liskeard fans ,the 3 disallowed goals, were offside he was spot on,I have a lot of time for liskeard and do watch them but that today was shamefull ,some really sour losers today ,it was everyone's else's fault according to them , embarrassingly shamefull and I hope the ref reports it .....also some bad language from a group of callington fans outside clubhouse during game really no need for it with women and children present 

Other than that a cracking game for a neutral and best I have seen callington play , and they only  needed 10 men!

The same Liskeard who accuse other sides of all of the above? Pot meet the kettle 

1 hour ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 4 liskeard 3

The good 

The Bad 

The Ugly 

Tamar Man, your reports and contributions are spot on normally. I wasn’t at the game today, but my recent experiences of going to Cally is that club is essentially a Plymouth team with a fair number of not very nice boozed up fans from that city. it’s not a nice place to watch football! Harsh? Correct me if I’m wrong. 

What is interesting is that Liskeard have struggled twice in recent weeks at Bude and now Cally.  Both teams are physical and you have to earn the right to play and go toe to toe with them. Only then, can the usually fluent Blues pass and move football take hold. Is this a potential weakness in the Blues make-up?

Callington Town 4-3 Liskeard Athletic

A great game for the neutral saw a firm, and organised Callington take 3 points at home vs the usually free flowing Liskeard who weren’t at the races today at the Marsh. 

On 7 minutes, Liskeard skipper Dylan Peel took the Callington forward out inside the box which gave the referee no chance but to point to the spot - to which the penalty was expertly converted by Rio Daly. Liskeard did not start the game well, with loose passes, and disjointed play in the middle of the park on a heavy pitch. Around 20 minutes in, a drive from the edge of the box saw the ball hit the bottom right corner and put Callington 2-0 up. Liskeard stunned, but needed a reaction quickly. Shortly after, Liskeard gained a penalty which was also converted by the ever reliable Dan Jennings, and Callington lost a man in the centre of their defence who was shown a straight red after a nasty challenge in the middle of the park on the Liskeard left winger. I’m not sure if it was a red card, think a yellow would’ve sufficed. Just before half time, Callington extended their lead to 3-1 after some poor defending from the away team left a free man at the back post with a simple finish, he won’t get an easier goal all season, after a great mazy run from the Calli winger. From kick off, Liskeard went down the right hand side and were able to get the ball into the box for Dan Jennings to finish, to make it 3-2. All to play for 2nd half.

Coming out for the second half Liskeard needed a reaction. To which there was a little but Callington remained firm, and compact and saw the play well, to which around midway through the 2nd half, the Calli right winger took a shot from the right hand side of the box, which took a fortunate deflection off the lunging Matthew Outtram, which ended up looping up and over Liskeard GK Luke Gwillam into the far corner to make it 4-2 to the home side, which led them into elation. After this goal, Liskeard brightened up, however with around 15 minutes to play, winger James Rowe kicked out at Callington player, and he was given his marching orders. 10v10. On another day I think both players could have stayed on the pitch, but received yellows instead. With Liskeard continuing to press on, they won another penalty (3rd of the match) in the last 5 minutes, which again Dan Jennings tucked away, to seal his hattrick, bittersweet considering the result. Callington saw the game out, and it finished 4-3. Liskeard found the net a couple times in the last 10 minutes but were ruled out offside, dubiously by the far linesman, as they looked onside from the clubhouse. A resolute Callington performance today saw them gain a deserved 3 points against a depleted Liskeard team, who simply didn’t turn up against a strong, battling and physical Callington 11.

To my understanding Liskeard struggling today, with Max Gilbert suspended, James Lorenz injured, Harry Jeffrey and Harry Bell away. Also their keeper Gwillam looked to be in some discomfort throughout, in an injury to his knee gained away at Brixham last week I was told by a supporter of the blues. 

The likes of Blazey, Wendron and Wadebridge will all be licking their lips at this result today, the plot thickens…

Thanks Steve, sorry didn’t catch up with you mate, saw a couple old friends I’ve not seen for a year or two so stayed up the clubhouse end all game chatting! Yeah agree Steve, thought Newquay were brilliant today mate! Some of the football they played and chances created against a team a place higher in the league at kick off was superb. To virtually dominate the game for probably 75/80% of it and score 5 goals, hit the bar twice, the post once and miss a couple sitters as you said was excellent against a team that are always a threat with the Bello/Hopcroft front pair who they kept quiet almost all afternoon. Bude probably had 3 shots all game and scored with 2 of them!! Both well struck goals to be fair 👏🏼 Great team performance from back to front I thought, to be honest they battered Dobwalls all 2nd half last time out but today the end product and a bit of luck was there as well. Certainly a nice balance about this team, lovely to watch ain’t they Steve. Thanks for Jacks MOM mate but could have literally been anyone out there today I think!? I was confused at the end when the lady said man of the match number 10 Cam Turner! Jack was 10 and Cam was 8 although they are both 6ft 5 and ginger! Easy done! 😁👍 Cam could be MOM every game the way he pings it all over the pitch! Just chuffed to see Jack playing for Newquay and really enjoying it again mate , ran all day and must have won about 20 free kicks and a couple yellows off the defence 👍️  Think I might have scored his 1st one but not sure I could have rifled his 2nd one top corner like he did!? Looked a beauty from where we where!!? Can’t kick a ball that hard anymore! 😀 Popped in the clubhouse to use the loo quickly before the game, what a fantastic job they’ve done in there as well! Great work being done on and off the pitch, great to see 👏🏼👍

2 hours ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 4 liskeard 3

The good 

The Bad 

The Ugly 

Liskeard doing what they accused Bude of doing,this could get interesting from both sets of fans 😂😂😂

Watched sticker v bodmin today . A great game for the neutral . Bodmin much improved under Dane bunney . 
unbelievable strike straight from kick off for bodmin to make it 2 3, it was actually the restart from the sticker equaliser scored by Danny ohagen … is he the oldest player to score in the peninsula league ? 
Sticker equalised with a wonderful header  from their young forward chapman (he was again so impressive today) 17? Wow !! 
mom for me was Alfie flack a real threat every time hen had the ball.

Needless to say the pitch and and set up at sticker was superb as usual. They are so close to being a top half side.

Bodmin will continue to rise up the league and have some real talent in there squad.

Great afternoon of football. 

58 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Tamar Man, your reports and contributions are spot on normally. I wasn’t at the game today, but my recent experiences of going to Cally is that club is essentially a Plymouth team with a fair number of not very nice boozed up fans from that city. it’s not a nice place to watch football! Harsh? Correct me if I’m wrong. 

What is interesting is that Liskeard have struggled twice in recent weeks at Bude and now Cally.  Both teams are physical and you have to earn the right to play and go toe to toe with them. Only then, can the usually fluent Blues pass and move football take hold. Is this a potential weakness in the Blues make-up?

Harsh yes I think so, the swearing was coming from some people I ever seen at the marsh before maybe relatives of some players I don't know, boozy no,the team has changed the goalkeeper is defo callington lad,some young players from bere Alston tavistock etc 'm led to believe ,so it's not all Plym.. they do try play some nice football and some very good young players in callington team, perhaps pick a game in the future to watch,next game clashes with saltash v Bridgewater though !

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Great report 100%. Nothin for me to add over than mention the great job management have done at NQY rebuilding the team after losing fallens and co. Really fought mints goin down hill couple month ago how wrong was I! 

2 hours ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Watched sticker v bodmin today . A great game for the neutral . Bodmin much improved under Dane bunney . 
unbelievable strike straight from kick off for bodmin to make it 2 3, it was actually the restart from the sticker equaliser scored by Danny ohagen … is he the oldest player to score in the peninsula league ? 
Sticker equalised with a wonderful header  from their young forward chapman (he was again so impressive today) 17? Wow !! 
mom for me was Alfie flack a real threat every time hen had the ball.

Needless to say the pitch and and set up at sticker was superb as usual. They are so close to being a top half side.

Bodmin will continue to rise up the league and have some real talent in there squad.

Great afternoon of football. 

Bodmin will continue to rise up the league? Am I missing something they drew 3.3 with a team they are expected to be beating. 
danny must be one of the oldest goal scorers in the league now but also must hold the record for most clubs played for in the league? 

2 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Great report 100%. Nothin for me to add over than mention the great job management have done at NQY rebuilding the team after losing fallens and co. Really fought mints goin down hill couple month ago how wrong was I! 

Got to agree I thought with the players that had left it was going to be tough but with the likes of jack coming back to club it’s given them the leadership and quality to build again glad to see Newquay going forward again

NEWQUAY  (2)  5        Wharton 4’ 63’  Rapsey 47’ 90’  Cole 21’

BUDE  (2)  2                   McDonald 8’  Hudson 15’

ATT: 114

At kick off the league table saw it 6th v 5th and a tight match predicted but Newquay took an early 4th minute lead when Jared Sims played in Bradley Leivers down the left and his deep cross was headed in at the far post by young Conner Wharton. Bude came straight back and a free kick from the left saw the unmarked Liam McDonald control first time before volleying in from 10 yards and then 7 minutes later they took the lead when Hamish Hudson found space on the edge of the area to shoot strongly into the bottom corner. Jack Rapsey had a great chance to equalise but dragged his shot the wrong side of the post before Alex Cole jinked past a couple of defenders shooting low under Tom Coles who had come in to replace young keeper Liam Hill. After a frantic start the game almost had some normality for 10 or 15 minutes with Newquay on top with Cam Turner pinging balls into the channels for Leivers and Cole running riot down the left and Jake Shaw and Wharton down the right. Jared Sims looked back to his best with some lovely deft touches and flicks and passes that only he could see, class to watch. The lively Cole smashed a strike off the underside of the bar on the half hour mark and 5 minutes later Turner shot against the foot of the post before Rapsey chased a long ball into the left channel nicking it around the keeper but was taken out by a defender and young impressive referee Paul Kempen produced the first yellow card of the afternoon. Cole shot just over from the resulting free kick from an angle and Bude were probably happy to go in at the break on level terms. 

The Peppermints always seem to come out the traps on the front foot 2nd half, credit to the half time team talks, and within 2 minutes they were back in front when Cole got down the left to shoot across Coles but he saved well at full stretch and Rapsey was quickest to react to blast in from 10 yards. 15 minutes later young Wharton raced clear on the right  to cut into the area before hitting a fine drive across the keeper from 15 yards. Bude tried their hardest to get back into the game but their attacks were well marshalled by the experienced pair of Tom Whipp and the superb Nick Boase whose calmness and timing in the tackle saw him steal the ball time and again from the dangerous front two of Tornado Bello and Billy Hopcroft making sure keeper Harry Ashton had a fairly quiet afternoon.  The always impressive Turner volleyed against the crossbar before Coles spread himself to save well from Rapsey whose hard work got him away from defenders all afternoon drawing foul after foul making sure the hosts stayed in the Bude half. Sims was pulling strings in midfield next to hard working youngster Noah Teagle, hard to believe he’s just 16! Newquay managers Craig Ainslie and Ash Bradshaw seem to have the knack of making the right substitutions at the right time keeping Newquay fresh and on the front foot culminating in a brilliant last goal which started from a Bude attack, keeper Ashton clipped a lovely ball out to right back Shaw who played it infield and after about four or five quick passes it came back out to an overlapping Shaw who sent over a pin point cross to Rapsey at the far post who took a touch before drilling it into the top corner from 10 yards to complete a great days work for Newquay and a very impressive performance against a fellow top 6 side. Difficult to name a man of the match, the hosts had a lot of players on top form today! 👍👏🏼

13 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

As per usual, repulsive behaviour at Callington that will be swept under the rug. This league is becoming a total disgrace. 

don’t know how paul edwards can still stand in the dugout after yesterday, but cornwall fa will no doubt brush it aside🤷🏻‍♂️ 

13 hours ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Callington Town 4-3 Liskeard Athletic

A great game for the neutral saw a firm, and organised Callington take 3 points at home vs the usually free flowing Liskeard who weren’t at the races today at the Marsh. 

On 7 minutes, Liskeard skipper Dylan Peel took the Callington forward out inside the box which gave the referee no chance but to point to the spot - to which the penalty was expertly converted by Rio Daly. Liskeard did not start the game well, with loose passes, and disjointed play in the middle of the park on a heavy pitch. Around 20 minutes in, a drive from the edge of the box saw the ball hit the bottom right corner and put Callington 2-0 up. Liskeard stunned, but needed a reaction quickly. Shortly after, Liskeard gained a penalty which was also converted by the ever reliable Dan Jennings, and Callington lost a man in the centre of their defence who was shown a straight red after a nasty challenge in the middle of the park on the Liskeard left winger. I’m not sure if it was a red card, think a yellow would’ve sufficed. Just before half time, Callington extended their lead to 3-1 after some poor defending from the away team left a free man at the back post with a simple finish, he won’t get an easier goal all season, after a great mazy run from the Calli winger. From kick off, Liskeard went down the right hand side and were able to get the ball into the box for Dan Jennings to finish, to make it 3-2. All to play for 2nd half.

Coming out for the second half Liskeard needed a reaction. To which there was a little but Callington remained firm, and compact and saw the play well, to which around midway through the 2nd half, the Calli right winger took a shot from the right hand side of the box, which took a fortunate deflection off the lunging Matthew Outtram, which ended up looping up and over Liskeard GK Luke Gwillam into the far corner to make it 4-2 to the home side, which led them into elation. After this goal, Liskeard brightened up, however with around 15 minutes to play, winger James Rowe kicked out at Callington player, and he was given his marching orders. 10v10. On another day I think both players could have stayed on the pitch, but received yellows instead. With Liskeard continuing to press on, they won another penalty (3rd of the match) in the last 5 minutes, which again Dan Jennings tucked away, to seal his hattrick, bittersweet considering the result. Callington saw the game out, and it finished 4-3. Liskeard found the net a couple times in the last 10 minutes but were ruled out offside, dubiously by the far linesman, as they looked onside from the clubhouse. A resolute Callington performance today saw them gain a deserved 3 points against a depleted Liskeard team, who simply didn’t turn up against a strong, battling and physical Callington 11.

To my understanding Liskeard struggling today, with Max Gilbert suspended, James Lorenz injured, Harry Jeffrey and Harry Bell away. Also their keeper Gwillam looked to be in some discomfort throughout, in an injury to his knee gained away at Brixham last week I was told by a supporter of the blues. 

The likes of Blazey, Wendron and Wadebridge will all be licking their lips at this result today, the plot thickens…

the 2 goals disallowed we’re onside but still no excuses yesterday even with key players missing we were miles off it and never got going, calli dug in and deserved it. we go again against st dennis👍🏻💙

46 minutes ago, The Turk said:

don’t know how paul edwards can still stand in the dugout after yesterday, but cornwall fa will no doubt brush it aside🤷🏻‍♂️ 

the 2 goals disallowed we’re onside but still no excuses yesterday even with key players missing we were miles off it and never got going, calli dug in and deserved it. we go again against st dennis👍🏻💙

Any comments on the Liskeard thugs swarming around the officials after the match?

16 hours ago, Keith B said:

Mobbing the linesman - disgusting. Perhaps the FA should introduce a law stating that all clubs must employ stewards to prevent this sort of thing. 

The NLS regulations already state that there must be a "safe, protected walkway" between the pitch & changing rooms for players and match officials, supplemented with stewards if necessary. You cannot really stop verbal abuse but spectators shouldn't be able to get close enough to be "mobbing" anyone leaving the pitch!