Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock

Tavistock superbly negotiated their potentially awkward Wednesday night trip to Paulton last night, with a 4-1 away victory  Liam Prynn grabbed all the goals in an incredible 2nd half, 16 minute spell. 

Know that nobody who follows the Lambs posts on here, and it has gone slightly un noticed that they are now up to 2nd place in the Southern League Div1 South. Long way to go , but would not be surprised if they are playing Parkway in the Southern Prem South next season.

11 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

I always keep one eye on Tavi results and fixtures, they’ve got a nice set up at Langford park and do seem to go a little bit in-noticed but are again having a good season and yes it would be good to see them gain promotion, not really that far from our Cornish border are they?😂

Like the way that the side gradually evolves under Stuart Henderson as well. A few inevitably move on each season, but he seems to be good at uncovering gems that fit nicely with what he has. Still has a core group of players in Josh Oak, Warren Daw, Josh Robins, Ben Cross, Dan Evans, Josh Grant, Liam Prynn and Callum Watson that have been around since the Peninsula League days.

Great to see Tavi going well, despite the ‘reality check’ on Saturday. Stuart Henderson an astute operator. Tavi always evolve and they know how to bring players through from the lower SWPL level and improve them. A friendly bunch in the stands too! What is not to like? The one Devon club I visit regularly. I very much recommend a visit to Langsford Park! 

Strange game football - Liam Prynn has gone from being a decent striker to goal machine in the last couple of years. Callum Watson is such quality in the midfield, but solidity, loyalty and ability throughout the squad. 

It is notable too that following their promotion Exmouth Town not doing badly either. The two clubs have risen up the leagues almost in tandem. Southern Road worth a trip too!

17 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Great to see Tavi going well, despite the ‘reality check’ on Saturday. Stuart Henderson an astute operator. Tavi always evolve and they know how to bring players through from the lower SWPL level and improve them. A friendly bunch in the stands too! What is not to like? The one Devon club I visit regularly. I very much recommend a visit to Langsford Park! 

Strange game football - Liam Prynn has gone from being a decent striker to goal machine in the last couple of years. Callum Watson is such quality in the midfield, but solidity, loyalty and ability throughout the squad. 

It is notable too that following their promotion Exmouth Town not doing badly either. The two clubs have risen up the leagues almost in tandem. Southern Road worth a trip too!

Good call on Exmouth. They have also steadily risen through the leagues over the last few seasons and, as with Tavistock, have a core group of players that have been with them since the Peninsula League days and a stable managerial team. Decent attendances as well, a quick check of the Southern League site shows that they attract an average of over 300 for home games.

Have heard rumours over the years that step 3 clubs have had a look at Stuart Henderson, wonder if the same is true of Kevin Hill?